arcteryx veilance

I'd say TAD gear as it seems to get a lot of play on here.

Other ideas:

Rapha

Mission Workshop

White Mountaineering BLK

Disaeran

The problem with that is there are an abundance of said brands. 

We'd likely benefit from an Arc'Teryx Veilance specific sales thread and then one for the rest.

I don't think there will that many veilance items for sale to be honest (search the supermarket and see how many turn up). I expect most veilance posts will be WTBs at first. How about we do a combined thread first and depending on how it goes veilance can graduate to its own thread?

And yes, there are lots of brands and we wouldn't want the thread to be overrun with random basic goretex jackets. How about 3/4 core brands and every other techwear item posted has to be worth (msrp not used price) over a certain $$$ amount, like jackets > $500 and pants > $200?

If we reach a consensus I create one with the rules in place this weekend

I don't think there will that many veilance items for sale to be honest (search the supermarket and see how many turn up). I expect most veilance posts will be WTBs at first. How about we do a combined thread first and depending on how it goes veilance can graduate to its own thread?

And yes, there are lots of brands and we wouldn't want the thread to be overrun with random basic goretex jackets. How about 3/4 core brands and every other techwear item posted has to be worth (msrp not used price) over a certain $$$ amount, like jackets > $500 and pants > $200?

If we reach a consensus I create one with the rules in place this weekend

How about just create a sales thread for urban techwear and we will just neg rep the shit out of a post that is not deemed worthy of being in the thread!? 

Keep it simple stupid nah meen

This just in :) Actuator jacket. Ended up buying it instead of the Isogon. I live in Sweden ffs, the country of bad weather!! So happy with it!

n9rm.jpg

Edited by house

This just in :) Actuator jacket. Ended up buying it instead of the Isogon. I live in Sweden ffs, the country of bad weather!! So happy with it!

Nice! Better buy than the Isogon, for sure.

If you tried it on next to the Isogon, do you mind commenting on the fit? I have an Isogon in a small, whereas I'm usually a medium in Veilance. Wondering how to size the Actuator.

I'm sorry, no I haven't actually tried the Isogon on!

Could anyone help me with this?

http://images.arcteryx.com/details/450x500/Actuator-Jacket-Mesos-Blue-Packed.jpg

(from the actuator page on arcteryx.com. I didn't get a pocket like that with me.. Is it some kind of accessory?

turn the pocket(with the zipper) which is hidden in the big right hand-pocket inside out and stuff the jacket in the pocket

Edited by bogomir

Overdue but first post here (this place has been a huge discovery/reference for me for a while)

Sharing some more Apparat pant pics
I was kind of happy when I read they were cropped since I'm pretty short  â€”W30 / 5'6 / 135lbs
Still uncertain about its fit though; I was wondering what you guys think... I'm trying to pass these off as regular cut pants.

As for its design, I'm personally a fan of the diagonal pleats/seams and panelization that are more pronounced than the Voronois (perhaps not best shown in these pics... or in black...).

edit: thanks for the input everyone, looks like I'll be keeping these

without cuff snap:

apparat01.jpg

apparat02.jpg

with cuff snap:

apparat03.jpg

apparat04.jpg

(sorry for this last blurry one)

Edited by negatron

So i can't draft worth a fuck, but essentially it would look something like this: 

It would have the same agressively gusseted hood design found on the polytope and actuator, where the panelling of the hood extends down the front of the jacket, but larger and more pronounced to compliment the shape of the fishtail. The traditional fishtail parka hand pocket shape would be retained but extended all along the front panel, forming those huge recessed flap-only lower pockets found on the field jacket. Two drawcords, one at the bottom hem and one around the waist for that classic look and layering control. It would have to be some sort of twill so the drape of the fabric matches the silhouette.

pTINZxT.png

"Hi, my nick is Inkinsurgent and I'm a Veilanceoholic"...

Seriously, what status has a brand achieved when customers dream of it - and it's a brand only 0.001% of the population would ever even have heard of? (Interestingly, I've seen computer-rendered product drawings in a workbook which aren't all that different from the style - drawing-wise, I mean, not product-wise! - of yours...)

One can dream...great idea Ink! I like the concept but I would expect such garment from SISP rather than Veilance.

Remember NYCO-R? It was used on some of their blazer jackets, it was a poplin, not a twill, but a 2-ply NYCO-membrane laminate!

*Now dreaming of more accesories and the re-issue of some of the old stuff...

Just noticed that the XS Component Shirt (blk.) went from Expected This Month to Out of Stock. Anyone know if they actually came in? I've been checking pretty regularly; bummer if I missed them.

I had the stocking alert for the Composite XS, but I still checked every two days or so.  On a random check, the site said they had "less than five" in stock.  If i hadn't checked, I probably would have missed getting one.  Then about three days after that, I got the email from Arcteryx.  The same situation might have happened to you.

Has anyone handled the Patrol IS to make any real comments about how it performs outdoors? I did a quick search and most posters descriptions were "nice" and while nice is easy to see from the photos (it looks incredible) I'm interested in the warmth, weight, mobility of the piece. Nice to know these things before I hunt it down and drop a decent amount of income on it. At it's price its essentially acronym price so I'm a little hesitant on it. 

Littlest Senpai:  

I have the IS Patrol in size Medium ( which i regretted not getting it in S).  The S looks better in the mirror but the M was more comfortable & provides more coverage.   The fit is not snug and the length of the arms and jacket is much longer, thus covers 80% of my thighs.  The Jacket is VERY Light weight and the insulation really holds in heat.  I live in Toronto and used it on days of -20 Degrees with a thin thermal Layer.  The Jacket is windproof as you'll the wind slip right around the shell.  The insulator does over heat if your indoors.  As for pocket configuration: This jacket has the best pocket set i've experienced soo far.  you get the Two in Front, chest inside & Outside, wrist pocket, & the hugh document poucn pocket underneath.  The insulator also provides you with 4 extra pockets.  The most expensive jacket I have but the one I'll love the most!  

P.S.  I still want to get one in size S in the near future, probably a later version of it in the next few yrs.

^I had essentially the same experience. Went into a local boutique with the intention of buying the Patrol and found TTS to look great but feel constrictive--knowing it would be torture to drive in-- while sized up gave me all the mobility and comfort I could ask for, but looked and felt very sloppy. (Ridiculously long in the sleeves and overall length and dumpy through the chest and midsection.) 

If you're rail-thin or in exceptionally good shape, you'll probably be fine with TTS. If you're a dude who enjoys pounding some brews every now and then or happen to be a push-up enthusiast, this jacket isn't for you.

Edited by TresUnCool

Went to the downtown Seattle Arc'teryx store a few weeks back and tried on what they had for spring. I don't think there's been a single time trying on in person hasn't helped the decision-making process immensely.

My favorites:

The Field Jacket in Fjord Blue: The fit is trimmer than the winter season Field Jacket, in line with layering less clothing underneath the jacket. The trimmer fit is a significant improvement for me, and the map pocket angling doesn't bother me as much in person. Great veilance detailing with hidden pockets, slide and lock buttons arranged diagonally for cuff closure, and the hidden hood packs easily.

Blazer in Black: The traditional notch lapel was more appealing to me than the slimmer, almost shawl/notch lapel hybrid on the FW13/14 blazer. Fit well, and I think it could work nicely with both dress shirts or a t-shirt due to the material choice.

Actuator in Coal: Stupidly simple jacket, yet everything about it screams practical. Fit beautifully.

SS Frame T-shirt in Nightfall: Fabric feels great, trim fit, and the design across the shoulders + underarm gusseting looked great on. Emphasizes shoulders whether or not you happen to be built, which is a handy optical illusion I suppose.

The lack of a size 29 waist means that, unless they leave in extra fabric for tailoring and I find someone who can tailor technical garments effectively, I can't wear Veilance pants. Checking on options in my area as far as that's concerned. The Voronoi short was in stock, but wasn't a terribly impressive piece to me. 

Apparat pants just arrived. The detailing is amazing. For once having a long torso and short legs worked out for me. They actually look like normal length pants.

I'm normally a 34 but sized up a a veilance tends to run small on me. If anyone is interested ill post fit pics.

(The fit actually reminds me of my P8TS-S but with a smaller leg opening).