arcteryx veilance

Like diagonal one of the new field jacket lt? 

via Veilance: "In line with the more dynamic approach, a map pocket that is easily accessible on the go replaces the traditional chest pocket."

I remember reading somewhere it is a reference to traditional motorcycle jackets.

Not sure why you need a 'map pocket' anymore. The original vertical chest pocket is actually quite good for just quickly dropping your phone inside.  

I liked the original pocket placement better but I don't mind it. From what I've seen, the FW14 is featuring both versions.

It is indeed based on the old motorcycle jackets.

Steve McQueen in Belstaff International.

steve+mcqueen+barbour.jpg

I liked the original pocket placement better but I don't mind it. From what I've seen, the FW14 is featuring both versions.

Unless it's been changed the F14 Field and Field IS have been re-deigned and both feature two angled chest pockets which are different to both the current and previous iterations. 

Hey guys, your thoughts?  Never been a bagpack guy, always over the shoulder.

Nomin yes or no?  I love the sleek look, but the straps look kinda flimsy.  Pass and wait for a better iteration, or pull the trigger?

Unless it's been changed the F14 Field and Field IS have been re-deigned and both feature two angled chest pockets which are different to both the current and previous iterations. 

My only source is this article at Arc'teryx Korea. If you can, please tell us more about FW14.

What does "weather proof" mean? I'm looking at the Isogon jacket and it says weather proof. Isn't it rain proof?

It's not made of gore-tex, so it won't be rain/water proof.  It'll be resistant to wind and rain, meaning heavy winds will cut through and you'll be good with quick exposures to light rain, but heavy rain will soak through.

nope. The surface is not water repelling, due to the texture. So if you are looking for something waterproof you might skip the Composite, too.

if you want the "rainproof", go a couple hundred bucks up to the actuator, which is goretex. the composite like frankie four said is windstopper, not goretex, so its not waterproof either.

nope. The surface is not water repelling, due to the texture. So if you are looking for something waterproof you might skip the Composite, too.

I have an Isogon - it has a DWR treatment, and the surface absolutely does repel water. However, the fabric lacks a membrane, so any more water than the DWR can repel will be absorbed into the fabric, whereas GoreTex would stay dry.

I also own a composite jacket, and while the same is true regarding a partial lack of membrane (underarms and back), I find it more than adequately waterproof. I wear it more often than my GoreTex shells, as it strikes a pretty perfect balance between water resistance and breathability.

Edited by MoreToasties

Gore Windstopper is about 95% waterproof. In most cases (if it's clean) it holds up pretty well.

I find the same. In pretty much every scenario I've been in short of extreme weather, I prefer it to GoreTex.

On a deals note, Sporting Life in Toronto has Field Jackets (insulated and not), Partitions (or were they Monitors?), a Subset vest, a Node and a much of blazers on ~30--50% (was just there this past afternoon). Assorted sizes and colours...not full stock my any means, but a decent selection. I cannot proxy at this time, out of town in a few days. Sorry guys! Please buy a bunch of shit so that I can't. Spring/Summer stuff is also in at the moment - only outerwear, no shirts, pants, etc unfortunately.

Speaking of deals, does anyone know where I might find a decent deal on a Mionn Composite Jacket? :)

@frankie_four - Sorry, meant to +1 rep. Really small buttons on the phone.

Edited by MoreToasties

Speaking of deals, does anyone know where I might find a decent deal on a Mionn Composite Jacket? :)

@frankie_four - Sorry, meant to +1 rep. Really small buttons on the phone.

Don't worry. east dane has XL left for ~$385. 

edit: please excuse the shitty pictures, but as I am totally into this composite thing, I thought to share my impression of the Apparat pant.

W28 @ 180 cm height. The zippers are working fine and their position is just right for my arm length. Waist and hips fit the same compared to the AW2013 voronoi. 

CFlV5p9.jpg?1

7uxtpnv.jpg?1

edit2: for those who are interested to combine it with a blazer, fabrics of Apparat & Scann

hVC6uMD.jpg?1

Edited by frankie_four

Don't worry. east dane has XL left for ~$385. 

I saw that, but I'm a medium...might be able to get away with a large given it's a slim jacket. I suppose I should have mentioned that.

Pants look great.

Edited by MoreToasties

Random question: anyone know if either or both of the arcteryx stores in Seoul stock veilance? I'll be visiting and figure I might as well hit it up if possible.

I really want to find the apparat in gray, but it seems to be completely sold out except for the veilance website which doesn't ship to my locale. Any leads?

Random question: anyone know if either or both of the arcteryx stores in Seoul stock veilance? I'll be visiting and figure I might as well hit it up if possible.

I don't know about the official Arcteryx shop, but the MSK Shop have it.

got a composite jacket size medium / gold for sale if anyone is interested from last year. PM me. 

... ok, I'l going to create an 'urban techwear' community sales thread for: veilance, outlier, stone island shadow project and... 1 or 2 other brands y'all may suggest. yay or nay?

The problem with that is there are an abundance of said brands. 

We'd likely benefit from an Arc'Teryx Veilance specific sales thread and then one for the rest. 

This, please.