arcteryx veilance

You always have better options when you are layering, than you don't depend on the functionality of one item in different conditions.

I call the LT my own and paired it with the Mionn Composite jacket and this combination works fine for me till around 5°C with just a t-shirt underneath

Thanks a lot for the response.  I was leaning towards the LT for the layering purposes, and the fact that Vancouver is generally "warm" year round.  Only reason I was thinking of the SFT was the fleece lining looked quite thin, and the double zipper (which I think is absent in the LT.)

Seconding greencarman.

Not the same thing, but I have had an Insulated Field Jacket for a bit now and much appreciate it.

The lining is soft, and the jacket is just the right insulation to be very warm when using 2-3 layers beneath it in winter cold (such as a shirt and a sweater) and comfortable with just 1 layer underneath (such as a shirt) now that temps are spring-like. Makes for a good layering with which to be comfortable outside in the wind and comfortable inside, just wearing one shirt and wearing/taking off the jacket.

Standard Field Jacket was rather too cold if not using 2-3 layers, and I'd imagine the Monitor LT vs. SFT to be similar to Field Jacket (LT) and insulated...

Then again, ymmv. Depends on how you want/need to layer, of course.

So apparently they had a batch of sira grey apparats made (I thought apparats came in black/aluminum?, also Aluminum restock coming in mid/late april as per a veilance rep), and the sira greys are almost gone (couple 33 and 36 left). I ordered a pair of black ones to try out so here are some initial thoughts on it.

I have to say that the pocket configuration feels/is a little bit off. The front hand pockets have a really vertical opening and are uncomfortable to use, and the zippered ones bottom out near my knee which makes them kind of a hassle to use primarily (as I would do because of the awkward hand pockets),  just trying it out theyre hard to zip up one handed. If they had a hand pockets cut like voronois they would be a lot better imo. The cuff adjusting system is really neat and easy to use, its like a much smaller version of the 'invisible keyhole fastener' they use instead of buttons. Also my legs must be kinda short because they arent nearly as cropped as I thought they were going to be (came down to just below my ankles, I tend to have ~31 inseam on my other pants, ordered size 33 apparats).

All in all I'm going to send them back. I really like the idea behind the pants, and a second generation with a more effective pocket layout would be awesome, but so far it feels like a firstgen thing with a few kinks. To those of you wondering about sizing, if you have a pair of voronois, they fit the exact same except for the inseam. Id also be curious to get a few non-stock pics of the aluminum color, I cant seem to find any online.

Some pictures ft. pale feet.

10dth0h.png

mic6c3.png

1236pud.png

Edited by shifty

Yeah, I sent my S Component Shirt back - waiting till April until the XS comes in. Lady said they're having trouble with their 'expected delivery' dates on the website; not all that accurate at the moment.

Appleseed,

Component shirt a little bigger than normal? I sent arcteryx to get measurements for a size Medium, here's the reply:

Please see the below measurements for the Component Shirt in the size medium:

Chest - 112.0 cm

Shoulder Length Seam - 15.7 cm

Waist - 109.0 cm

Front - 76.0 cm

CB - 77.7 cm

Sleeve - 94.0 cm

Neck Circumference - 47.0 cm

Best Regards,

Arc'teryx Service Team - Lauren Hughes

ARC'TERYX Equipment Inc.

*normally I wear these measurements in jackets, not shirts. You recommend maybe sizing down?

Seriously WTF this isnt a sales thread. Its supposed to be about AV product and not for people to unload 2nd hand kit.

Agreed. Please keep sales posts in the Market otherwise infractions will have to start being handed out and no one wants that. At least I doubt it.

Appleseed,

Component shirt a little bigger than normal? I sent arcteryx to get measurements for a size Medium, here's the reply:

Please see the below measurements for the Component Shirt in the size medium:

Chest - 112.0 cm

Shoulder Length Seam - 15.7 cm

Waist - 109.0 cm

Front - 76.0 cm

CB - 77.7 cm

Sleeve - 94.0 cm

Neck Circumference - 47.0 cm

Best Regards,

Arc'teryx Service Team - Lauren Hughes

ARC'TERYX Equipment Inc.

*normally I wear these measurements in jackets, not shirts. You recommend maybe sizing down?

This is odd. Comparing with the sizing chart on the website (where available), those are measurements for jackets/shirts in size XL(!)... and an even wider waist than that.  :blink:

You recommend maybe sizing down?

Sorry, just now getting back in my normal routine and seeing this. All of my AV formal shirting has been in XS - but just looking at some of the recent 3rd party sizing lists (like the Squamish that was / is up on Firmament) it seemed like maybe they were adjusting recent season measurements. So I ordered an S, but it was def. to big. They took it back and I'm just waiting until later in April when they get the black XS's in stock. Fabric and detail was nice, FWIW.

Part of my overall issue with AV is they're all cut pretty long in the sleeves, seemingly relative to the body. With the shirts, this means I just go with the XS, and a fairly trim fit, which is fine.

Or maybe I just have t-rex arms - I dunno. It's not really as noticeable with other brands.

Sorry, just now getting back in my normal routine and seeing this. All of my AV formal shirting has been in XS - but just looking at some of the recent 3rd party sizing lists (like the Squamish that was / is up on Firmament) it seemed like maybe they were adjusting recent season measurements. So I ordered an S, but it was def. to big. They took it back and I'm just waiting until later in April when they get the black XS's in stock. Fabric and detail was nice, FWIW.

Part of my overall issue with AV is they're all cut pretty long in the sleeves, seemingly relative to the body. With the shirts, this means I just go with the XS, and a fairly trim fit, which is fine.

Or maybe I just have t-rex arms - I dunno. It's not really as noticeable with other brands.

No, their sleeves are long…and it sucks. 

Edited by TresUnCool

The sleeves (and body) on my veilance sweater were definitely longer than normal. I don't mind with my height, but it's probably pretty unusual for most people.

I figured that with their base layers it could've been a conscious design decision to make grabbing the end of cuffs easier for when putting on a jacket. 

Edited by hooper

I've found the sleeves to be slightly long too.  I'm 5'7 and wear an XS, and the arms are about a half inch too long.

On another note...apparently one more month until the composite xs are released....what happened to this month

Another misshapen freak with T-Rex arms here. The long sleeves are the only thing I don't love about Veilance. 

On the Blazer LT, sleeve lenght is quite absurd, I try to fold the cuffs inside, I'm still not sure if the tailor could work with a WS-SS fabric...

http://www.eastdane.com/brands-arcteryx-veilance/br/v=1/23661.htm

Eastdane has their remaining FW14 Veilance jackets marked 30% off. Aside from the composite jacket they seem to have most sizes still as well.

They also have new fit photos and a full size run of the cargo pants in aluminum:

http://www.eastdane.com/cargo-pant-arcteryx-veilance/vp/v=1/1571588095.htm?folderID=23661&colorId=15867

And they have the component shirt in mesos blue with new fit photos:

http://www.eastdane.com/component-shirt-arcteryx-veilance/vp/v=1/1555686201.htm?folderID=23661&colorId=57488