arcteryx veilance

I just have to ask, because I can't get over this. Does the windshell blazer (actually the material) has any functionality in real life or is it just a fashion gimmick? Packable and easy to carry if it's getting chilly in summer nights?

[/looking for a reason to justify this coat in front of my wife, as long as the womens line is still under construction]

My wife bought me one for my birthday (Purist have them on sale) and no, it's very functional. Works as a light cardigan but you can get away with it as a blazer, and like opetian says, it's packable and wrinkle-free.

Really want to get a pair of Voronois and was comparing them to other "options". I was curious about the quality of Outlier, specifically the Slim Dungarees, and the Acronym P10-s. Anyone have any of these care to share about the quality and materials of these choices? They all have very different price ranges. And I am usually 27-28 pant size and thinking of getting the Voronois in 28.  

Edited by VivaceKinetics

Can't compare there, but always wanted to ask if anyone (else) also has a pair of Thunderbolt Sportwear's Softshell Jeans. Also techy (Schoeller softshell material), much less complicated a manufacturing though (just stitched, no seam sealing - but also easier to repair for it), very comfortable...

Really want to get a pair of Voronois and was comparing them to other "options". I was curious about the quality of Outlier, specifically the Slim Dungarees, and the Acronym P10-s. Anyone have any of these care to share about the quality and materials of these choices? They all have very different price ranges. And I am usually 27-28 pant size and thinking of getting the Voronois in 28.  

Veilance Voronoi >>>> Outlier Slim Dungarees.

Voronois are way way better. Actually you can't really compare them, because they are a whole different level. The material, the cut, the feeling. It's like you want to compare a Levi's with some Dior or SLP denim but their specifics are reflected by their price tags, too. Dungarees work good at their price point and I really loved them, but Voronoi is worth any penny and I won't regret the purchase.

I also have the feeling, that Outlier pants loose their tech characteristics rather fast. I had the 1st iteration 4 season OGs and 1st iteration Work Pants and both worked very long at a high level of weather resistance. Compared to this experience I was a bit disappointed by the Climber (ok, they have a lot of stretch, which is not an advantage for durability) and and the Dungarees (non stretch).

The P10-S is fucking awesome and I highly recommend them as a more dressed down alternative to the voronois. The stotz fabric feels just like regular cotton(because it is) so they're super comfy. 

Edited by hooper

Makes me want to get a pair of Voronois, but I'd have to know about sizing. The Seattle Arc'teryx store only stocked down to a 30 waist and I'm a true 29 in pants thus far. I'm going to call down there this weekend and see if they've gotten SS14 in so I can go check it out in person. (Seattle Arc'teryx store getting the new season of Veilance in April according to the sales associate who answered the phone this afternoon.)

On the subject of Outlier, I'd say the calling card of Outlier pants is not water-resistance nearly so much as how quickly they dry. It can be pouring rain outside and I need to run in and out of the building. It's not that you don't feel the rain/don't get wet, but after 5 minutes inside you are no longer concerned because you've dried out.

Edited by Northwest

picked up this seasons fw 13/14 field jacket today. the new textured face fabric is really nice. akin to a very fine cordura. 

anyways i have a stupid question - is it suppose to come with a garment/dust bag? i didn't think about it until i got home - the store never gave me one. or does veilance reserve the garment bags for the longer coats? 

Noone knows, but i've been noticing a lot of weird shit going on with the bird's various sub-websites over the past few months. I think they're deploying a lot of new code or possibly working with new people and maybe it's stalling their live date for the veilance site.

picked up this seasons fw 13/14 field jacket today. the new textured face fabric is really nice. akin to a very fine cordura. 

anyways i have a stupid question - is it suppose to come with a garment/dust bag? i didn't think about it until i got home - the store never gave me one. or does veilance reserve the garment bags for the longer coats? 

I've bought new Veilance from Havenshop, thecorner.com, barneys.com and eastdane.com, and all of those came with dust bags. 

I was really excited when i read about the byet in their brochure because it's somewhere on between a jacket and a shirt, but the pictures are a bit underwhelming, almost like something out of the main line. Guess i'll have to see it in person somewhere.

I'm kinda feeling the Byet, it looks to be the same weight as my Isogon and my Blazer LT. I like the brushed tricot @ the inside of the collar and I'm really happy they stayed away from the elastic sleeve cuff openings and opted for the cobra slide snaps like on the field jacket LT.

@inkinsurgent, what other colors does it come in? I'd be a buyer for a olive green colorway, I'm starting to think I own too much black.

Fuck yes as far as the cargos are concerned. I'll definitely end up getting the cargos and a composite jacket in ordessa green, and the rest can wait until it goes on sale and I'll see if I can snag anything up.

Aluminum seems like a great shade of off white. Sand on the other hand...blech. Not a fan of that color.

Once I have hands on the product until April I'll report back. The Seattle Arc'teryx store had a nice selection of Veilance this winter so I am happy to post up reviews for curious parties when the time comes.