arcteryx veilance

Got my Mionn in. Really great and understated. The fit is slightly snug but I like how it looks.

Mine came in as well, and I agree,it definitely feels slimmer than all of my other size LG jackets. But I'm going on 2 days straight of wearing it and I love it.

I agree with Tigerprawn, I'm wearing  an OCBD today and it would be pushing it to add another layer.

Also, Opening Ceremony has the insulator jacket in sandlewood (orange) on sale for 385. S,M and LG in stock.

http://www.openingceremony.us/products.asp?menuid=1&designerid=964&productid=71079

Got the Mionn Blazer in black off of TBS... WEIRD because I only got charged $250 O_o. I ain't complaining haha.

If you're gonna wear a hoodie all the time with the blazer I'd size up. I can get it on with a buttonup just fine, but can't imagine fitting with a hoodie.

How warm do u find it, I know this is relative but wondering what temperature it's good for?

Okay, so I think I have made a mistake. I got a little drunk last night and was hanging around a campfire with my Node jacket. Any advice on how to get the smell out without ruining the jacket?

I want to stay away from the laundry. It's airing out now. I will let you know if I find a solution. I don't want to ruin the waterproofing.

I want to stay away from the laundry. It's airing out now. I will let you know if I find a solution. I don't want to ruin the waterproofing.

You're supposed to wash and dry gore-tex to 're-activate' the waterproofing. If you want you can get sprays to put on so the water beads up more effectively, but I wouldn't worry about ruining it in the laundry. 

I think this was posted a few pages back.

edit* Im embedded video challenged

Edited by shifty

I think this is just an over riding misconception for most people (outside of the outdoor industry) that these garments and their material are fragile or require very special attention when cleaning, when the truth is that they are actually very robust and have very simple requirements for washing that actually help pro long the life and performance of the jacket.

this section on the veilance website is a bit hidden but gives a good overview of what to do, and I think most of these topics with a quick google or look on the main brand site would locate a tutorial.

http://veilance.arcteryx.com/product-care.aspx?language=EN

I think the other misconception I read over and over is that the DWR treatment (that makes the water bead) has any bearing on a goretex garment being waterproof. this treatment is in fact removed from the garments before it is tested for being waterproof to pass gore's regulations. its only function is to reduce the amount of water sitting on or absorbing in to the face fabric on the garment in pro longed rain, even if the face fabric takes on water the gore membrane stops the water passing through to the inner.

Are there any other boots similar to the Diemme Vat or Danner Mountain Light III? Considerably narrow, preferably. I'm considering a pair of the Diemmes but I'm weary of how they'd pair with my Veilance gear as I primarily wear my Galvanic and usually black jeans/wool trousers or my Voronois. I really love the look of the Diemme x SI but just can't justify $750 at the moment, could stick it out till a sale pops up. 

SI X Diemme Combats

44550293SW_13_f.jpg

Diemme Vat 

RocciaVetOntarioMastrottoWhiteCristyRubb

Edited by xdfjdkz

I got the Mionn Composite and I really like it. The cut is comparable to the Atom LT, so it's narrow. I would advice you to choose your normal size.

For the warmth, temporarily I am wearing it under a Monitor LT and two tees under it at 0°C and wet conditions. It's ok, but you definitely recognize the non-coreloft filled parts at the arms and the overall feeling is not that comfy - but doable if you move. I should go with a longsleeve instead of the second tee... But above this temperature, everything will be fine. I can't say that much about the water repellancy, but it dries fast and it gives a feeling of windresistance

xdfjdkz:

if you have small feet: Stone Island X Diemme Military Boots - EUR 40

Edited by frankie_four

I got the Mionn Composite and I really like it. The cut is comparable to the Atom LT, so it's narrow. I would advice you to choose your normal size.

For the warmth, temporarily I am wearing it under a Monitor LT and two tees under it at 0°C and wet conditions. It's ok, but you definitely recognize the non-coreloft filled parts at the arms and the overall feeling is not that comfy - but doable if you move. I should go with a longsleeve instead of the second tee... But above this temperature, everything will be fine. I can't say that much about the water repellancy, but it dries fast and it gives a feeling of windresistance\

My Mionn came in today as well. Fit is very narrow as you said, I'm normally a slim medium and the medium fits just right for me. I really like the fit of the jacket, but the cotton/nylon is ruining it for me. I wet the coreloft and its amazing at repelling water (ran it under my sink, was not wet at all), but the cotton/nylon sleeves got soaked and took long to dry. Jacket is not going to be ideal for rainy conditions because theres a good amount of the cotton, but I guess its pretty good for keeping you warm. 

Thanks for the help. This is what I was looking for.

You're supposed to wash and dry gore-tex to 're-activate' the waterproofing. If you want you can get sprays to put on so the water beads up more effectively, but I wouldn't worry about ruining it in the laundry. 

I think this was posted a few pages back.

edit* Im embedded video challenged

thoughts on the composite jacket?

Composite-Jacket-Burnished-Gold.gif

love the muted yellow. the only thing stopping me from buying is the fact that it's not waterproof.

might get the actuator in mauve or just wait for the upcoming season. there was a fw13 align jacket on sale at ssense... kicking myself for not buying it.

Edited by Ecotrons

thoughts on the composite jacket?

Composite-Jacket-Burnished-Gold.gif

love the muted yellow. the only thing stopping me from buying is the fact that it's not waterproof.

might get the actuator in mauve or just wait for the upcoming season. there was a fw13 align jacket on sale at ssense... kicking myself for not buying it.

I've worn my composite in a downpour and it only wetted through once it was heavily saturated, even at that point it only wetted through on the seems between the stretch nylon and the windstop. It's definitely water resistant but not completely water proof. 

Selling/trading my Size LG Anode coat over in the market:

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/153327-fs-arcteryx-veilance-anode-coat-size-lg/

Fits more like a MD for anyone who is interested.

UPDATE: Shit's gone, sold to Boston.

Edited by firstdoorontheleft

@Tresuncool it fits more like MD compared to my other Veilance LG jackets.

I think it's a similar fit block compared to their blazers, where I can wear it with a light sweater or shirt underneath, but I couldn't layer an insulator underneath along with a sweater or shirt.

I can take measurements and post those if you're interested.