arcteryx veilance

New to the forums, but I picked up the Sinter SFT coat as my first Veilance item. I couldn't find much in the way of reviews but I'll try to post something up after the fedex guy drops off the package.

Please do! It's my fave look from the collection — love how easy it is to dress up or dress down — and I'm disappointed that not one of the stockists has picked it up so far. My only qualms about the piece are it's gore-tex (and not even the new gore-tex pro at that).

New to Veilance and was looking to get the Mionn Composite Jacket as my first piece. Would this be warm enough to wear as winter outerwear for New England weather? With layering underneath of course.

Probably not, it's warm but not water/wind-proof, you better get Node, Galvanic or Insulated Field jacket, these have both insulation and protection you need. 

New interview with Conroy Nachtigall

I think the really big thing that we’re going to start tackling now is to do a women’s version of this, so I guess that’s a big one. 

Anyone have the ss 2013 polytope hoody? It seemed like a very interesting piece as far as the materials go. Can anyone comment on the fit? Thanks

I dont think a lot of polytopes made it on to the market. There were issues with the fabric package shared by the polytope and the survey. The surveys were pulled and delivered late, and i've never seen the polytope either on the site or at retailers. Shame because it looked like a beautiful piece.

Veilance shipping was fast, shipped express to my door in 24 hrs ( Canada ). This is the fit of the Sinter coat I picked up. It's a little longer than I'm used to and the SFT fabric is a lot thinner than other softshell materials ( north face ), but with the 3L Gore it definitely keeps the wind out. Pretty cool slide snaps too! Went for a medium and am 6' 185lbs.

224761c4-fff0-4d1a-8ec3-6f88906cf0cc.jpg

Thats BS by the way (at least in the EU). Mark up or regular brands is 2x - 2.2x, for the higher end stuff you're looking at 2.2x - 2.5x. 2.7x is ridiculous. Acronym is not compromising on fabric, hell they put 2x or more R&D in their stuff then Outlier and you know what the mark up for that stuff is? Yeah far below 2.7x.

If their stuff is being marked up by retailers with 2.7x they should really look for new ones because they are being f'd with.

Also don't forget that Veilance has the Arc'Teryx desings, history and production facilities at their disposal and they can buy higher volume (thus cheaper) then Outlier can as a small brand. There is no reason for them to use 'cheaper' fabrics except that they probably did the research and concluded that the advantages on paper don't weigh up to the extra dollars you pay as in real life it's hardly noticeable.

Not sure what experience you have. My direct experience with international retailers (at least selling product from the UK) is that they're standardly marking up product at 2.8. And overseas even more due to customs and delivery etc.

Can't remember if anyone mentioned already but Outlier is selling direct to customers. Where Veilance and other brands would typically sell wholesale for around double the production cost, Outlier could technically make the same product and revenue but undercut Veilance by 2.8 fold.

Edited by ienosis

I have been looking at the Scann blazer and have been wondering, is the lapel portion an off-black? The pictures from various websites almost make it look like a dark navy. Anyone have the scann who is willing to comment about this?

Also White rock store on FB released some pictures with someone wearing the Scann and other items.

Edited by VivaceKinetics

The lapel part of the Scann is definitely more shiny than the rest of the garment which is slightly less reflective.

I personaly liked previous design iterations of the blazer better but I welcome the return of the Windstopper membrane.

Edited by Brainboy

^coincidentally channeling a little xewo in this fit lawl

vest w/ crop-sleeve is vry cool, thanks for the inspiration

tumblr_mvxbqeNEU31qb6n6eo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mvxbqeNEU31qb6n6eo2_500.jpg

Arc’teryx Veilance, Comme des Garcons Homme Plus, SILENT Damir Doma, Rick Owens, Nike, Nike, Acronym

Mionn is fucking amazing yes.

Took a trip to downtown Seattle to check out the Arc'teryx store, and they have a nice little corner of Veilance. I'm 5' 10" and weigh 145, and I found a small fit best. Tried on the Scann Blazer, Haedn Blazer, Patrol, Insulated Field Jacket, Field Jacket, and Mionn hooded vest.  I highly recommend trying on in store before purchasing if the option is available. Scann and Haedn were both tight in the shoulder, and both field jackets fit loose around the waist (I have a 29" waist) The execution of the whole line was interesting, though as noted previously the gloves and just gloves and the hats don't seem like anything special. Best details in my opinion were the inclusion of slide lock button and sleeve within sleeves on the insulated field jacket and patrol jacket. Patrol jacket in size small is my goal for my next jacket and would love to have the Mionn hooded vest for a layering piece.

Will return to the store to try on Voronoi pants and, as a side note, the staff there was helpful. When asked, they were able to pull sizes from stock.

Well... customer service was pretty fabulous (if slow), the Voronoi and the Field Jacket were found to be defective and replaced. So, got a new (this time, insulated) Field Jacket, which is fantastic, and Voronoi AR which still fit my lower legs like my running tights, except they don't move with me. Ouch. But at least I feel muscular compared to all those who have no problems...

• 2 weeks later...