arcteryx veilance

Specifically? No. But being someone who prefers to wear his pants in a North American 33 to 34 range, I found the thighs to accommodate me quite comfortably. Had I sized down they would have certainly been too slim. This size provided a full range of movement without that feeling of the crotch seam rising up between your balls, pulling down the rear rise whenever you need to bend and pick something up. However, I'm not in tip-top shape; someone with washboard abs might be a bit more flexible when it comes to sizing these pants.

So, in conclusion, Idunno. 

Specifically? No. But being someone who prefers to wear his pants in a North American 33 to 34 range, I found the thighs to accommodate me quite comfortably. Had I sized down they would have certainly been too slim. This size provided a full range of movement without that feeling of the crotch seam rising up between your balls, pulling down the rear rise whenever you need to bend and pick something up. However, I'm not in tip-top shape; someone with washboard abs might be a bit more flexible when it comes to sizing these pants.

So, in conclusion, Idunno. 

I'll toss my input in. I'm 6'1 and only 150lbs with a 28in waist. I picked up a 28 and they fit like a second skin with just enough room to have a full range of motion and not impede in tasks such as running up stairs. My thighs are probably a bit larger for my size as I cycle a lot but I've found these fit very comfortably. These pants are definitely cut for fit people. 

I'll echo the comments above.  I'm a pretty regular 33-34" jean with big thighs.  I picked up the 34" Voronoi pant (even though my measurements were closer to a 36") and they fit slightly big in the waist and were roomy in the thigh.  After washing the waist tightened up slightly and now these are probably my favorite pant.

For the Voronoi, stick to your usual waist size and they will have a loose top block, but extreme taper under the knee.

Just received the Haedn blazer in an XS. As I mentioned in a previous post I wear an XS in my Node IS, Monitor, and composite jackets. The Haedn In an XS fits too tight specifically in the shoulders (chest, length, and sleeve length all perfect though). Not sure If it is because I have broad shoulders for my body type... Should I go for a Small, and perhaps get it tailored? Has anyone ever gotten a technical blazer like this tailored? I have fears of doing so do to the technical materials being "tampered" with. I am 5'11" 123lbs pant waist size 27-28. Appreciate anyone's assistance!

Great Scott, don't have something like that tailored. Take some time actually looking at how it's patterned and put together and you'll see why.

the pants are all cut long so they can be tailored to your length,this has always been the case with veilance pants as the collection is not big enough to be able to offer multiple leg lengths in the pant styles and its far better to be long and to tailor than to be to short and useless.

I have had outdoor stuff shortened (pants and arms in jackets) even a Arc' GTX jacket hem shortened.

I have been lucky enough to get some of the best outdoor tailors do work on my stuff.

But as well as they can do that stuff , the pattern making  and seaming that goes into the Veilance  would take a great suit tailor who also  has knowledge on outdoor clothing along with it to successfully alter your stuff.

So unless you know someone on the inside at Veilance, Acronym or SISP that can fit you like a tailor, I wouldn't do it.

And for what it's worth..There are plenty of nice fabrics around that a great tailor know can get his hands on and make you a great technical looking jacket in a old school tailormade way..

And I think you could even get there cheaper as the Haedn plus alteration costs

Aesthetically, you'll definitely benefit from a bigger size. You appear to be quite slim, so you might not like the excess fabric, but you'll get used to it and in the end you will look much better. Good choice. 

Edited by TresUnCool

Since this has become a Voronoi paean... Mine from last season (SS13) are 30 waist which is perfect, a good length for me - and *very* tight in the calves. Plus, the flight back from China didn't do them good; the fabric at the seams (at the seat area) started looking like it was all disintegrating (rubbed fuzzy rather than their usual smooth selves.)

They're at Arc now, sent in for service 14 days ago. (Or rather, the mail stating they'd arrived there, at the service/forwarding place in Germany, came 14 days ago. It also stated I'd hear back in a week, but when I asked 10 or 11 days later, I was told the box had arrived and was waiting for someone to unpack and check... Field Jacket also went back for a check-up, got wet underneath it and don't know if it's just the usual DWR problems or something more serious. There was something, but nothing's visible - and two different people from the Bird's service told me two different things, to send for checking and not to do so.)

Love the looks, have some things that are still great (though also not entirely sure if they shouldn't have been in S instead of M, e.g. Stealth Shirt is rather wide and long - but can't tell if smaller would have worked). All a bit puzzling...

So - living, and cycling, in Europes rainiest city I'm quite interested in the Vornoi pants' water repellency and how fast they dry after getting wet. I own one pair of Outlier's slim jeans and one Levi's commuter 511, and am , surprisingly, more happy with the repellency on the Levi's.

So, could I please get some feedback on how the Voronois handle water and drying compared to the two pairs I already own? Will it perform better than the two I already own - and therefore give me a good reason to buy a pair, or will it be about the same?

Btw - I'm a 32 in both pairs, are the Vornois TTS?

You may look for reviews of the Atom LT from Arcteryx. I will use it as layer under my Monitor, but I think below 0 °C it's more or less worthless with a simple shirt under this combo.

You also should consider a lot of "exposed" softshell material which is not this weather resistant compared to a hardshell.