arcteryx veilance

Are the Voronoi pants really that tapered? The S&G pics make it look that way and if that's the case I'm gonna need a pair.

Any impressions from owners before I pull the trigger?

I thought they were incredibly tapered, the thighs fit kind of like sweatpants (for my size), and they were pretty much skin tight around my calves. Also, the legs are pretty long, I know they were designed to have some stacking, but I found it to be pretty excessive.

They werent quite what I was looking for, so if youre a size 30, there should be another pair back in stock soon...

Did you go TTS? I guess it depends on your build, really. If you have monstrous calves and ankles, then I'm assuming--based on some of the inputs dating back to the S/S model--this cut won't work. I, however, found that a 33--which is my true size--was perfect--more of an anti-fit through the seat and top block-- I was just too lazy to look into finding a decent tailor I trusted enough to hem them, which I would say is absolutely necessary. (These pants are stupid long.)

Did you go TTS? I guess it depends on your build, really. If you have monstrous calves and ankles, then I'm assuming--based on some of the inputs dating back to the S/S model--this cut won't work. I, however, found that a 33--which is my true size--was perfect--more of an anti-fit through the seat and top block-- I was just too lazy to look into finding a decent tailor I trusted enough to hem them, which I would say is absolutely necessary. (These pants are stupid long.)

Unfortunately my true size is ~31-31.5, so a 32 was just a little bit too big, and I tried squeezing into a 30 but that was way too small. And I wasnt trying to spend money on pants + alterations (also lack of tailor), I was just hoping for a better fit right off the bat, but I didnt get that. 

Also as for the gloves, I would really want to guess canada because Im pretty sure every other veilance piece is made in canada.

Edited by shifty

Also as for the gloves, I would really want to guess canada because Im pretty sure every other veilance piece is made in canada.

FYI there isn't much if any difference between the quality of construction between the Chinese and Canada made Arcteryx garments.  I know Arcteryx is very strict on which plants are able to produce their goods and all the major rolls at the plant are either run or being looked over by their Canadian employees.  If I remember correctly the graph I was shown had a return (defect) rate difference of 0.03% between Canadian vs overseas Arcteryx products.

That being said, I still like to support NA american products.

I just pulled the trigger on a Anion vest, Insulator and the Facet gloves.  Can't wait to get'em!

Got my Mionn hoodless vest  and the Landaq hat yesterday. Vest is super sleek, light and fits under every garment I own (maybe even t-shirts, ha) without any visible bulk at all. Warm and with comfy partialy fleece lined pockets. The hat is just a hat but really nice and great fitting.

Again very satifsfied with this purchase. 

Pretty sure I'm going to put in an order for the Mionn vest, looks great over a black ls and perfect for layering under jackets.  How did you find the sizing?  I have always sized down to a small with AV on jackets but going by some sizes I may need to get a medium or large in the Mionn IS  - 40-42 chest.

5459_3291e4d9ef.jpg

Pretty sure I'm going to put in an order for the Mionn vest, looks great over a black ls and perfect for layering under jackets.  How did you find the sizing?  I have always sized down to a small with AV on jackets but going by some sizes I may need to get a medium or large in the Mionn IS  - 40-42 chest.

All my Veilance items are the same size (XS), I was worried with this one but fits exactly like any other Veilance clothes I have. If your chest is bigger, you probably shouldn't be too worried if you size up. And you can always return your item and get the proper size. 

Anyone know how the sizing is for the insulator? I have tried on what I would call it's mainline "counterpart" in the Atom LT, and a medium literally fits like a glove. The insulator however "appears" to be more robust, and I'd like to be able to layer a thicker sweater underneath it.

Edited by Ecotrons

Need some advice, I am XS in all of my Veilance gear (node, monitor, and composite). I realized that these are all shells, and love them to death. This season I am interested in the blazers but cannot decide between to Haedn or the Scann. Will I be an xs in the blazers as well? and which one to choose...

Definitely go for the same size (I'm XS too, have both jackets and blazer LT), Scann is more tech, cyberpunky and quite weather resistant. Haedn is warmer and the style is really more trad and goes well even with less futuristic clothes. 

It's a common nickname among their employees and reps because saying "arc'teryx" every 30 seconds gets really tiresome. Talk to those guys too much and eventually you pick it up yourself.

Edit: arc'teryx veilance is a bitch in conversation anyway. When people ask me about my jacket they invariably go "Argh WHAT?"

Edited by Inkinsurgent

Definitely go for the same size (I'm XS too, have both jackets and blazer LT), Scann is more tech, cyberpunky and quite weather resistant. Haedn is warmer and the style is really more trad and goes well even with less futuristic clothes.

I found the XS Haeden to be a bit tight. Haven has the chest measurement at 47cm which is smaller that the other XS Veilance items on the site. Is there a bit of variation amongst the blazers?

Are we trying to make this a thing, or is this how the brand is referred to by people in the know?

A well a don't you know about the bird?

Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word!

A well a bird, bird, b-bird's the word

A well a everybody's heard about the bird...

It's a common nickname among their employees and reps because saying "arc'teryx" every 30 seconds gets really tiresome. Talk to those guys too much and eventually you pick it up yourself.

Edit: arc'teryx veilance is a bitch in conversation anyway. When people ask me about my jacket they invariably go "Argh WHAT?"

There's two types of people who will ask me about my Veilance gear: 1.) Those who are familiar with the brand and complement me on the piece and want to know where to kop locally and 2.) People who know nothing about the brand but like how clean it looks and want to know who makes it. For the latter, I don't even bother to tell them it's Veilance, I simply say "Arc'Teryx," which they're typically familiar with. Just mentioning Arc'Teryx, though, still gets me looks since it's a pricey--yet popular-- outdoor clothing brand regular people have a hard time justifying as a necessary purchase.