arcteryx veilance

I don't know how Veilance pieces compare to ISAORA, but they are quite trim. The jackets are a bit of an odd fit: wide shoulders, long arms and, depending on the item, slim through the chest. Isogon is a bit short in the front, though. Not sure if this has been changed for SS13 compared to ss12.

"cheap fabrics" is not the point, it is about the most expensive ones. 

It seems reasonable to say that it is not interesting for arcteryx to use top notch schoeller products in the veilance line, simply because it is not profitable and maybe regarding the gore-tex licensing.

Veilance designer Conroy Nachtigall even said that about its favorite fabric: (full story here http://032c.com/2011/archetype/)

Isn't one of the things that Gore asks of it's producers to bear their name a strict manufacturing protocol (way seams are made, what yarn to be used for stitching,  sort of zippers etc)

If outlier won't do it the thing the way Gore wants or doesn't have the manufacturing skills to do it , they won't put their name on it.

So then you can  to go to more expensive fabrics to do the work you want  and still get  the quality.

I am not saying that Outlier stuff isn't well made, just that Veilance have complied with Gore's strict manufacturing, which will get into the price

took delivery of a composite in odessa green. it's fantastic, perfect weight, fit, good selection of pockets and attention to detail is second to none, typically veilance. perfect warm weather jacket to deal with the odd shower, actually looking forward to wearing it in the rain ;)

Carb where do they have the frame t-shirt in stock? would like to pick up one or two.

TresUnCool do they fit that small, I'm m in the jackets, size one up, is that the same with the shirts?

Edited by scamster

Carb where do they have the frame t-shirt in stock? would like to pick up one or two.

http://www.sportinglife.ca/sportinglife/product/24105439/Mens-Fashion/Men's-Frame-T-Shirt

I liked Fall 2011 Frame LS tee better, wish I could find one.

861232.jpg?1372297272

Edited by Brainboy

http://vf13w2.arcteryx.com/Article.aspx?EN&article=New-GORE-TEX-Pro

looks promising and about the Patrol IS it reads:

There is a fun story about this fabric as the Pro fabric is exclusively reserved for outdoor and sport collections so when Conroy wanted to implement it in the Veilance collection they were originally not allowed to do so, but after Arc'teryx flexed their muscles and put some force into the argument they were finally allowed to use it.

As for the general discussion here regarding qualities; the products from "famous" brands such as Gore, Schoeller or Vibram are not necessarily better than everyone elses but they have trusted and recognizable names and if their products are not THE best they are certainly up there. But in the end every fabric and component needs to be judged on an individual basis and how they are being utilized. There are huge differences in the performance of the different products that these suppliers offer so one can't catgorically say that Schoeller or Gore is either this or that. Vibram might have an expanded rubber compound that is fantastic in terms of flexibility and cushioning but it might be useless in terms of grip in snow so you really have to look at what that particular component or material is suited for and if it matches how you intend to use the product. As for waterproof membranes it is easy for everyone to achieve this, but the difficult part is of course to combine this with breathability and comfort and I find a certain trust in Gore compared to generic Chinese fabrics with made-up "sexy names" like Hidra-Nek or similar. Product and provenance.

any canadians willing to kop me the blazer lt from sporting life link above and send to australia?

http://www.sportinglife.ca/sportinglife/product/24105397/Mens-Fashion/Men's-Stretch-Woven-Blazer?skuId=24105397_007_003

You'd be willing to pay taxes and shipping both ways on top? (With the understanding that to ship a parcel from Canada to Australia with a decent tracking service is going to cost you, at the very least, $80.)

Edited by TresUnCool

The Insulator fits TTS in my experience.

On to another question: I'm really interested in the Geom jacket. In the description on the Veilance website it says it's modelled after a bomber jacket. On the pictures, though, it doesn't seem to have the same 'boxy' fit that bombers should have. In the video of the garment it kinda looks like the jacket has a more boxy fit. So I'm a bit confused.

I'm really interested to know any of your thoughts - and if any of you have first hand experience with the jacket - could you write about your impression and what the fit was like?

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

its not that colour in real life, its a blue grey as lars says, for sure has blue tones in the grey but not to that extent, its an interesting style.best items this season are the Patrol , the improvements in Pro shell you can really feel, from wearing the previous pro shell for many seasons I can say that I noticed the increased breathability of the new membrane. the Mionn blazer is also great for me along with its summer counterpart (windshell balzer) its a true example of what veilance is about.

I run my atom lt under the survey with great success in the winter, it just doesn't look as sharp due to the arom's outdoorsey collar design. The mionn is essentially a blazerfied atom so it should look a lot better.

Think i'll hold out for it to go on sale, though. Retail on the mionn is a bit steep.

Got my Mionn hoodless vest  and the Landaq hat yesterday. Vest is super sleek, light and fits under every garment I own (maybe even t-shirts, ha) without any visible bulk at all. Warm and with comfy partialy fleece lined pockets. The hat is just a hat but really nice and great fitting.

Again very satifsfied with this purchase.