arcteryx veilance

Does anyone recall seeing the new Barney arrivals in the leaked vimeo videos?! Seems a bit odd that they are an entirely different selection from what 290sqm has up and what seemed to be the focus of the Veilance Fall campaign...

Yes, all of them but some of them in different colours. 

I just got my new Scann blazer and Graph sweater.  I've got to say I am impressed with both pieces but the Scann is amazing.  I thought I'd throw up some really crapy but quick cell pics which might be of interest to some.  The jacket has a neat little hidden pocket under the collar and a strap with a snap closure if you're wearing the jacket with the collar up and want to close it up.   No padding in the shoulders, but it does have some sort of stiffener which gives it a nice shape. 

scannfront_zps7821568e.jpg

Scannback_zps964b3d04.jpg

Scanncollar_zps530ee83c.jpg

I'll try to get some better pictures and maybe a selfie, if anyone wants to see more details just let me know.  

^ dammit! who took the Medium Coal Actuator? Does 290sqm mark down packages?

I bought it when it was available online…then received the dreaded "turns out we sold it in store" email. Needless to say, I wasn't pleased. This shit happens, though. 

Edited by TresUnCool

I bought it when it was available online…then received the dreaded "turns out we sold it in store" email. Needless to say, I wasn't pleased. This shit happens, though. 

Haha had a feeling it might have been you. Sucks that they were oos, I hate when that happens.

Has anyone ordered from 290sqm or the corner before? How are they with customs/duty?

Im looking to get some voronois this fall, but im wondering about the sizing. I have some old mainline shorts from a few years back, and looking at the numbers for the current version and veilance size chart, on paper they match, which would be cool. If any of you have experience with both (main line and veilance) pants sizing, is this indeed true, or should i size up/down whatever.

Im looking to get some voronois this fall, but im wondering about the sizing. I have some old mainline shorts from a few years back, and looking at the numbers for the current version and veilance size chart, on paper they match, which would be cool. If any of you have experience with both (main line and veilance) pants sizing, is this indeed true, or should i size up/down whatever.

if it can help, spec pants 30 fit well for me but voronois from ss13 in 30 did not fit at all, too tapered (legs) and tight (waist) 

some voronois in stretchy wb400 (same as acronym p9ch/p11ch) would be fantastic but I suppose the fabric is too expensive

I doubt price is a major influence on veilance fabric selection..

I read that it is...

Abe Bumeister (Outlier) about Veilance pricing:

"Like all really high end brands the retailers are marking things up about 2.7x. (as opposed to just 2x in outdoor). That really limits the fabrics they can use. Obviously they are using pretty solid quality stuff, but you never see them using Schoeller doubleweaves"

see there for complete story 

if it can help, spec pants 30 fit well for me but voronois from ss13 in 30 did not fit at all, too tapered (legs) and tight (waist) 

some voronois in stretchy wb400 (same as acronym p9ch/p11ch) would be fantastic but I suppose the fabric is too expensive

So im a 32 in the main line shorts, and they are a little snug. If you had to guess would you say that just a size would have made the difference for fitting, or 2 sizes?

I read that it is...

Abe Bumeister (Outlier) about Veilance pricing:

"Like all really high end brands the retailers are marking things up about 2.7x. (as opposed to just 2x in outdoor). That really limits the fabrics they can use. Obviously they are using pretty solid quality stuff, but you never see them using Schoeller doubleweaves"

see there for complete story

Thats BS by the way (at least in the EU). Mark up or regular brands is 2x - 2.2x, for the higher end stuff you're looking at 2.2x - 2.5x. 2.7x is ridiculous. Acronym is not compromising on fabric, hell they put 2x or more R&D in their stuff then Outlier and you know what the mark up for that stuff is? Yeah far below 2.7x.

If their stuff is being marked up by retailers with 2.7x they should really look for new ones because they are being f'd with.

Also don't forget that Veilance has the Arc'Teryx desings, history and production facilities at their disposal and they can buy higher volume (thus cheaper) then Outlier can as a small brand. There is no reason for them to use 'cheaper' fabrics except that they probably did the research and concluded that the advantages on paper don't weigh up to the extra dollars you pay as in real life it's hardly noticeable.

Edited by shadows

Thats BS by the way (at least in the EU). Mark up or regular brands is 2x - 2.2x, for the higher end stuff you're looking at 2.2x - 2.5x. 2.7x is ridiculous. Acronym is not compromising on fabric, hell they put 2x or more R&D in their stuff then Outlier and you know what the mark up for that stuff is? Yeah far below 2.7x.

Hope you're right, I would love to have again (spec pants are in windstopper) veilance pants with more technical fabrics