arcteryx veilance

That Patrol jacket is amazing, especially with the Thermatec insulation in the liner (super light, warm and was originally developed for the US military). I'm on the fence about the navy collar on the Scann, but the Haedn is also very nice!

^ Which accessories are we talking about here? Hopefully some headwear

Nice beanies in four colours, leather gloves with badass geometric pattern.

Any idea if the gloves/bags will be made in Canada? I recall Canada Goose saying it was next to impossible for them to find a North American source to make their gloves and thus their justification for offshoring production. 

Anyone looking to unload a new or near-new Field Jacket LT in Medium? Let me know.

Edited by TresUnCool

Well, we know atleast there is going to be gloves. Gotta get those. The patrol coat is super nice, unfortunately im too short to feel comfortable with that length so imma have to skip that. I sort of feel like I should get another align jacket, even though I already have one. I mean, I could lose the one I have. Fuck, that would be horrible. Yeah, especially if we see that blue colorway from a couple seasons back I'll do that.

Interested to see how they approach gloves. I'm incredibly picky about my gloves. So much so that I seldom wear them! Got one pair of Rab gloves I have been happy with but that's been about it for the past 5 years.

Any pics of these veilance gloves floating about?

Well... http://whiterock2008.blogspot.com/2012/12/veilance-2013-aw-collection-exhibition.html ;)

Puzzling over those blazers... Look nice, but also looks like they're not nearly as "technical" as Veilance has typically been (in materials and characteristics). Then again, the Graph sweater's also "just" wool and nylon, and a great piece.

And still cheaper than the Zegna blazers in the "designer outlet" hereabouts...

Is 290sqm extremely early in putting those things up or should news of AW items be cropping up already?

Any idea if the gloves/bags will be made in Canada? I recall Canada Goose saying it was next to impossible for them to find a North American source to make their gloves and thus their justification for offshoring production. 

I'm pretty sure they will be.  Their high-end gloves with the butterfly construction in the fingers are all made in Vancouver if I remember rightly, so I'm sure the Veilance will be too.

Canada Goose has a entirely different business model compared to Arcteryx/Veilance.  It's not that they can't produce their gloves in either of the two plants they have in Canada, it's that those two plants are so flat out making jackets that it doesn't make sense to stop manufacturing a higher priced item to produce something which is in less demand and brings in less money. 

Thought I was getting more junk from Mr. Porter when i received an email notification from them this morning; turns out their 50% off sale started. So, if anyone picked up the Subset and Actuator in Medium and has a change of heart, let me know.

How is veilance in size compared to regular arc'teryx stuff, specifically pants? I have some arc'teryx shorts from '08 maybe, that fit me just shy of snug in the waist, but are pretty baggy otherwise. I assume that since veilance is more of a tailored cut the bagginess wouldnt be an issue, but would the waist size transfer between the two?

^ those are the new Voronoi pants for next season.

290 has got them but not every size yet...

So some patience might be in order

As for the new stuff , they were kind enough to pull out some samples for coming season. The Patrol coat was really nice and the new 3L gore felt like paclite. No extra zip or anything , the liner hangs on those slider buttons

Good stuff but didn't try on on as my size wasn't there

Downside to it , I missed a toggle on the bottom of the liner, so it has to be really tight to hold the warmth when on your bike.

Same with the other new jackets all a lot softer which in some ways is nice but  the reason I like my first field coat so much is the stiffness.

Edited by aso2004

Does anyone know when Veilance (website) usually switches seasons?  I'm really excited for the fall stuff.....

That should be only around September/October, shouldn't it? (And then, many things in more popular sizes/colors tend to be sold out at once...)

• 2 weeks later...