arcteryx veilance

However, as the weather gets more intensely humid, I'm quickly realizing the Align doesn't breath well enough for it to be worn in the next couple of months. Alternatives? Better off with the Isogon?

Actuator is breathing amazingly well and unlike Isogon or Subset it provide full weather protection. Great jacket!

Now just a strange reminder of first reactions at Veilance line release.

https://www.facebook.com/arcteryx/posts/146258558499

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=26892

It must have been hard for the people who were working on it.

Sale on Barneys (only large sizes)

Edited by Brainboy

Hoping someone can help with sizing - I've got a Composite and a blazer from fall and am a small in both. Looking to add either a Field or Paritition to the wardrobe, but wanting it to be able to go over a suit. Should I size up to a M? Also - would an insulated field jacket be over-the-top warmth with a suit underneath? Anyone with any experience wearing Veilance in this way?

I think you would be ok with your true size in the 2 summer shells (field lt/partition), and likely still a small in the insulated field although fit will feel snugger due to insulation,so you would need to try, I do not think it would be over the top warmth wise to wear over a wool suit in winter,this is what these styles are designed to work with, they offer active warmth rather than extreme warmth like down. this of course is all subject to how cold your winter is etc, personally if I was wearing a suit I would be adding a galvanic instead of insulated field.

does anyone have recommendations for a completely waterproof running jacket? was considering something along these lines...

QEuJ8rb.pngz0WbXP8.png

but unsure whether I need gore-tex/paclite or not. Has anyone had any experience with the above jackets?

Edited by jackg

umm ok, just heading into winter currently and where I live gets a fair bit of pretty solid rain...is there a happy medium? i thought the paclite was meant to be reasonably light and breathable as well as being waterproof? 

Paclite is very lightweight, and if you're set on waterproof it's probably your best option. Breathability isn't ideal, though. The incendo above will be much more breathable, but it isn't waterproof.

gore tex active shell I think would likely be best to run in, but like others have said there is no real benefit to running in waterproof, you will get soaked in side in sweat so you still not staying dry,and it will help less with body temp, a windshell fabric is much better something that offers some basic weather resistance but the most important quality is to dry fast.

the squamish and incendo are both made of the same material, so performance will be similar. the squamish has a boxy cut intended for layering, no experience with the incendo but considering it's a dedicated running jacket i expect it to be form-fitting. 

the squamish looks a lot more neutral though, the incendo isn't very suited for general around town wear. 

Edited by Inkinsurgent

does anyone have recommendations for a completely waterproof running jacket? was considering something along these lines...

but unsure whether I need gore-tex/paclite or not. Has anyone had any experience with the above jackets?

Pro, performance shells or Pac-lite will not cut it for running.   The only Gore material which will work is Active shell (or FL).  Active shell is about 30% more breathable than pro-shell, plus it's a little lighter and more supple too.  It's a fairly new material but they offer it on the Alpha FL, Techo and one other too I believe.  

Also, don't forget that this year we will finally see some of the accessories, that is a must have for me.

Blazer selection is really amazing  this season.

Time to drop by 290..

When you do, please give us a report.

Also, don't forget that this year we will finally see some of the accessories, that is a must have for me.

Blazer selection is really amazing  this season.

When you do, please give us a report.

Will do,i'm very excited about the accesorries myself.

Well, we know atleast there is going to be gloves. Gotta get those. The patrol coat is super nice, unfortunately im too short to feel comfortable with that length so imma have to skip that. I sort of feel like I should get another align jacket, even though I already have one. I mean, I could lose the one I have. Fuck, that would be horrible. Yeah, especially if we see that blue colorway from a couple seasons back I'll do that.