arcteryx veilance

Anyone know how water proof the Isogon jacket is? Id rather buy the Composite jacket but im loving the maroon colour of the Isogon. It says on their website its only wind proof. Does this mean it has no water proofing qualities at all?

Well, it's not waterproof. There are no levels of waterproof, it either is or it isn't.

It's water resistant though, and very wind resistant. Getting caught out by spring showers, going from the car to the office or that sort of thing it works quite well. It's not a jacket I'd put on when its raining out though.

It's got great breathability as well, I've been commuting on my bike the past week wearing one and been impressed with how well it's preformed, no clammy, sweaty interoir.

The composite jackets back and underarm panels are the same fabric as the isogon actually.

Hope that helps.

i have the isogon and the composite. concur about the rainproofness of the jacket. it will shed water for a little, but it also can soak through if it's pouring. in a drizzle is fine for a while though.

it is a fantastic summer jacket, the best i have ever owned. it's lightweight and you can wear it and not get sweaty/clammy/damp, which makes it the perfect windbreaker.

one note on sizing: it's the only veilance jacket which i have that is true to size, i have sized down on everything else (composite, field jacket, and partition).

I think 290 squaremeters in amsterdam is carrying the pants in europe, the Anode only has a dwr treatment on the face fabric, so in a light shower you would see a bit of beading but it will take on water after any prolonged rain or in places where the water on surface is under pressure for example around bag straps or the inside of your elbow.

I think 290 squaremeters in amsterdam is carrying the pants in europe, the Anode only has a dwr treatment on the face fabric, so in a light shower you would see a bit of beading but it will take on water after any prolonged rain or in places where the water on surface is under pressure for example around bag straps or the inside of your elbow.

Thank you, but they are sold out or not online. But i will keep watching them now, didnt know about them at all

^^Yes I did.. My neighborhood tailor( who is a an excellent craftsman and a fabric nut) did a fine job. He shortened my sleeves

The shirt however has died on me in a in a blood bath of pasta sauce.. Don't ask..

So two things .. Get a good tailor and on top of that some one who knows his fabrics, or who is willing to listen while you explain what you want and why..