denime xx type & 66xx type 2 year contest

edmond

@ThinFinn: That's fine when handing over all pics next October - no hurries. And I'm glad you didn't regret the visit of the Jeansmuseum at that hot day

@tvshooter: The Jeansmuseum is open on request to everybody and I'm always happy to show some stuff to anybody. In 3 month the Jeansmusuem will just hit the 10 year mark since it was opened to the public

nate: Sorry about the shoes: I'm a complete fashion nerd. I never cared about any kind of trends or other conventions: It just have to be comfortable for me. And I'm usually wearing my pants one size too big since I don't like sitting around in thight jeans. So I don't care about some bad fittings.

And no worries about hygiene: I air them a lot and I'm not a person who sweats a lot. And when it comes to hot days, I'm switching to shorts. And as told before, they're not smelly yet, But some parts of the pants are trying to force the downgrading of those pants pretty soon like the right front pocket, who's coming alive more and more and falling apart slowly

Will add update pics when I find time

• 1 month later...

if they´d at least send us a statement telling us, that there won´t be a winner and prize because.....???

now this contest is over for two months and we didn´t hear anything from our sponsor for the same time.

Draft has been done. I am waiting for confirmation. Once confirmed, I will post the arrangement here.

sounded very promising, but that´s all....i still have LITTLE hope, but in the actual situation i´m quite disappointed (and i´m sure that i´m not the only one).

why not just pm Benny on facebook? i only bought the jeans from T5 cause at the time BiG wasn't carrying it. i prefer to do my denim biz with Gordon and it wasn't until after i made my purchase did BiG get a shipment of XX and 66XX. the contest was icing on the cake but i think at this point we have some great jeans and memories. if T5 had established a prize in the beginning, maybe we could hold a match up to their ass. not saying that's ok either.

perhaps two year contests are too long? maybe there's too many contests? many people drop out and maybe the it gives the sponsor a way out. not sure if that would happen with Gordon and BiG contests, however, China is much further away from NYC.

i've just sent an email to take5 to clarify the shebangs of what the heck is going on.

although i wasn't involved in this, i feel like the whole sequence of events has been highly unjustifiable to those who took part in this . granted that there were some dropouts along the way, i however felt like this contest ended with quite a number of really beautifully faded jeans and it was good word of mouth advertising for Denime/Take5. the bunch of you who persisted really deserve to hear a reply about this.

Aaron, i think two year contests are great. while it is true that 2 year contests are really long, the results are quite clear for us to see that these jeans turned out beautifully for those who persisted. i think take5 has a responsibility in provided the pre-sale and during sale service, but also the after sales service. i am pretty sure something like that wouldn't happen with BiG/Self Edge. there is no reason for the lack of attention paid to this whether or not English is their main language. i mean hey, if they can reply to an email sales enquiry, they can reply to this. heck, even some of the japanese retailers reply to me albeit in jumbled english sometimes.

i will put up their reply when they do (they'd better).

^thanks for your support, rannon.

of course there were dropouts on the way, but they all bought their jeans at take5 and paid good money for it. they sold at least 15 pairs (just an estimate, i guess it was way more) they wouldn´t have sold without the contest.

let´s see if you´ll get an answer. i just go tired of asking, but the more i think about the whole story, the more it gets my jeans in a twist...

yeah, big props Ranon! hey, were we supposed to put up final pic's on the T5 forum or MN instead of here?

http://take5forum.take5jeans.com:8080/forumdisplay.php?fid=42

in any case, i don't see any final pic's from anyone on the T5 forum. but Fung knew the shit was here so he can't say we didn't post or follow any specific rules from T5. hey, we still have voters choice here tho, don't we? :D

just received a reply from Take5.

"Dear Ranon,

Thanks for your comments to Take5 and the Denime contest.

First of all, we would like to apologize for our late action on handling the Denime contest as it was widely supported by Superfuture and Denim lovers all over the world.

As you may know, the original host of this contest “DENIME†was taken over by another company (same group of “The Real McCoyâ€) during the contest period. All people have participated in organizing this contests were quit. The promised support on judging and prizes were suddenly gone.

To made this contest a happy ending, Benny is now in Japan and will try asking if the new management of Denime will keep providing all possibly support to this contest, hopefully we can have final result from them in this week. Whatever the result from Japan side, Take5 will keep the contest run to end. After consolidate the result from Japan, we promise we will announce the Final judging method / collection method to our forum and Superfuture.

Finally, we hope our upcoming handling on the contest would satisfy all participants and we will gain back your support in future.

Best Regards,

TAKE5 Staff

TAKE5 Company (Hong Kong)

1/F 75 Granville Road Tsim Sha Tsui Kln., H.K.

Tel : (852) 2375 5731 Fax : (852) 2575 5513

Email: [email protected] / [email protected]

www.take5jeans.com"

seems like they are trying to work something out, not sure if they will deliver from their end of the line but it was a pretty hard email i sent to them and i hope they are sincere about setting things right.

thanks Maynard, i just thought it would be easier for a third party to step into this so that it would not make it seem like the person who contacted Take5 was trying to skew results in his favour (not saying that any of these honourable gentleman are, but rather how the public views it). also, i think it is more effective, a non-participant, to drive the message that it is not just the participants who are watching this but a whole community altogether. just hope it works out for all these guys here!

I apologize to you all that I did not follow-up the Denime contest’s judging method and all the related issues since September. During this period, I was / am assigned to a front line clinical position in addition to my daily routine duties. So that I had / have to concentrate on my job with only a few hours rest every day.

I understand that contestants may feel frustrated and unhappy during this period. I must apologize to you all again.

Here is the arrangement of judging method :

Judging Method :

1. All contestants must send the jeans to Take 5 on or before 15 December 2011. The address is :

Take 5

1/F, 75 Granville Road,

Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon,

Hong Kong

All contestants must also provide his / her real name, address , e-mail address and user id in Take 5 forum / superfuture / Mynudies.

2. All the jeans will be sent to Japan. The jeans will be judged by the denim-industry-people in Japan.

3. After the judging process, Take 5 will return the jeans to the contestants.

***********************************************************************************************************

Concerning the prizes, Benny and I already had many discussions on these. Many alternatives have been explored. Benny is now trying his best to get support from the concerned parties in Japan. It is hoped that the prizes will be known next week.

Take 5 and I assure you that we will keep on the contest till the end. Thank you very much for your participation in the Denime XX / 66XX contest.

• 3 weeks later...

Sending them in is highly impractical (due to the cost and risk factor) and probably designed to put people off. However, if you do send them in, you may therefore have a high chance of winning! Are there lots of non-sufu peeps fron HK, China and Japan in this by the way, as this may destroy my (sufu-weighted) theory!