denime xx type & 66xx type 2 year contest

edmond

And 37, while they're at it. Not very likely. They'd need to make new patterns for just a couple pairs...

This is confusing me.1-1,5" bigger than tagged.Taking these charts,they will shrink not from but to tag size.who to believe?

BiG is known to be a little generous in their measurements, and on the bigger sizes it's easy to make some errors. I'm still convinced that these will shrink 2.5-3", i.e. well below tagged size...

Fung just informed me and Ed, that only 17 people have contacted him so far. They need more pairs for the group order from Denime.

They will stop production during summer, so you everyone should think of getting their pair NOW!

So if you want to be in from the start and didn´t email T5 already, please go on and do so ASAP!

And I'm convinced by Atzec's measurements of his size 34 he posted over at mynudies.com

waist 34

front rise 11.25

back rise 14

upper thigh 12.25

knee 9.5

leg opening 8.25

Fung just informed me and Ed, that only 17 people have contacted him so far. They need more pairs for the group order from Denime.

They will stop production during summer, so you everyone should think of getting their pair NOW!

So if you want to be in from the start and didn´t email T5 already, please go on and do so ASAP!

waist 34

front rise 11.25

back rise 14

upper thigh 12.25

knee 9.5

leg opening 8.25

I got the the reply to my order from fung yesterday but have been freaking over those BiG measurements thinking i might need a size 33 instead of 34. but these measurements re-assured me a bit with going with the 34, but i'm still not completely sure.

And 37, while they're at it. Not very likely. They'd need to make new patterns for just a couple pairs...

BiG is known to be a little generous in their measurements, and on the bigger sizes it's easy to make some errors. I'm still convinced that these will shrink 2.5-3", i.e. well below tagged size...

BIGs chart for the FC 0105 worked well for me.Seeing what the pair measures you posted in the Denimethread I understand your doubts.But as this was a prewashed one,Iam sure they washed and shrunk the hell out of it.The same goes for the pair at wretch33,that pomata posted,if I got it right,the 34/36 shrunk to a 32/32,but it looks like they are straight out of the dryer and not stretched any.

Iam still not 100% sure of the model and size I will go for,but Fung mailed me that they both measure as tagged and will shrink one size in the waist and to 34" inseam.

Atzec and Demonito,I think it will help if you can make it clear wether there is a deadline for ordering or not,as beautiful_freak said there isnt one anymore,maybe thats why only 17 people ordered so far...

^well, there is no real deadline, as you can still enter after the group order was done. BUT if you want to be sure to get your right size and want to be in from the start you have to order now.

And Take5 will only place the order after 30 people signed up to them.

gordon just informed me that the man holding the pair of denime in the picture on the BiG site is indeed yoshiyuki hayashi himself( mr. denime) he's the OG of the osaka5, and the 1st man in japan to start making repros. respect the architect, bitches! my next pair will most def be denime...i knew gordon would get them after a while, since he has all the osaka5 connects

im just @ six months. i just got laid off, so a pair of raws is not in the picture right now. i try to give these jeans as close to 2 years as possible, if not more depending on if they can hold up. i have a pair of WH 700's i wear on wash days, and they were to be my next planned''project'' jean, but i want(and will someday have) a pair of denime bad. so what ima do is save a lil' here and there and get up the 3beans before im done withe the FC. that is if i don't fuck around and get another pair of FC!(the zimbabwe cotton tends to be addictive). im of the opinion that a pair of artisan jeans should get 2-3 years to give them the respect they deserve. and they look hotter after a really long time...

6 mos. i think quality of this caliber deserves at least 2 years of daily wear out of respect. the more time, the better. these FC are so fucking comfy!. the more i rock em, the better they get, and the better they get, the more i want to rock em' ! so i might never take em off! i got the WH700 as my next ''project jean'', but ima try to save a bit here and there to get a pair of denime before the FC are in tatters...i've been told that miki-san and hayashi-san are close friends

the computer was on the fritz, so it wouldn't show my post. so i kept trying again. i aint that high(yet)!. gordon informed me that SDA started from a vingtage shop named Studio D' Artisan, and the jeans were their house brand(like lapine had Rodeo). they were established circa 1979, but they started making repros after hayashi-san. warehouse(the shoutani twins)are the last (chronologically) of the osaka5. but they found ways to incorporate certain details the other 4 couldn't figure out(belt loop bump, waistband chainstitch, etc.) so in essence the young students tightened up the teachers technique! so, in order, they are:

1. denime2.SDA3.evisu.4.FC5.warehouse. gordon said that samurai is NOT one of the five....

i don't know if SC is an osaka brand, but they are NOT of the osaka5. all of the members of the 'syndicate' are inner-connected somehow in history. the warehouse twins(shoutani twins) worked for evisu, miki-san helped start evisu, and he helped with the start of warehouse in some way. they all drink together, and are all friends, despite differences of opinion. i'll try to pick more info from gordon this week, he's the only one i trust personally...

i tried to update the list- people who have a model behind their name already have bought the jeans.

if you also sent a payment to t5 and don´t find a 66xx or XX behind your name, please contact me, so i can edit.

NEW LIST IN NEW POST

So I'll need to be pretty handy with a needle and thread in order to prevent Skull-esque blowouts everywhere?

well, my eternals are holding up pretty strong, even if they´re 100% cotton.

Everyone, who doesn´t have a model behind his name on the list above please PM me and tell me

a) If you´re still in

B) If you already ordered

c) Which model you ordered

I´ll also start sending out PM´s to the missing guys tonight.

will its like this: there are 2 main reasons poly-core thread lasts longer in the crotch than all-cotton thread:

1. its fucking plastic instead of cellulose. it has a higher tensile-strength, so if pulled in both directions it can take more lbs. of force before it tears or breaks.

2. if saturated in nut sweat the plastic is less prone to deterioration over a longer length of time.

fit is a big factor obviously. looser fit means less prone to blowout. if people would wash their fucking jeans when they need it this will be less of a problem/issue, but even with that said i've personally seen plenty of plastic-thread jeans with crotch rips/blowouts( i'll just mention nudie). gordon says that a blowout or two is very normal(even expected) for people who wear jeans for months and even years consistently. just ask Big G for some thread, he ain't stingy. he has thread from hayashi-san, and its thick.

fyi from gordon

So after 2 hot soaks and a hang dry the shrinkage was as follows:

Denime 66XX Size 31 pre/post soak

Waist 32"/31"

Front rise 11.25"/10.75²

Back rise 14.75²/14.25²

Upper thigh 12"/11.5²

Knee 9²/8.5²

Leg Opening 8²/7.25²

Inseam 36"/34.25²

I'm expecting more shrinkage with a hot wash/tumble dry, about another 1" in

the waist and inseam and possibly another 1/4" or so in the rise and leg

width.

turns out to be quite slim!

most actual list:

1. lemmy - 66xx

2. atzec - 66xx (bought in store earlier)

3. edmond - 66xx (bought earlier)

4. nightrain - 66xx (will order soon)

5. -nudiefive- - 66xx

6. beautiful_freak - 66xx

7. deadendpro - 66xx

8. randyanderson - dropped

9. Vanquish Gold - 66xx (will order later)

10. coleslawyum - 66xx

11. lance - 66xx

12.Haryougen

13. mr.invincible - 66xx (will order later)

14. amardeep - 66xx

15. inthemix_ - 66xx (will order later)

16. API - 66xx (will order soon)

17. eddy8 - 66xx (will order soon)

18. xxhalyconxx

19. NeelxS

20. miamiheat04

21. kixslf - dropped

22. MrBurns

23. cottoncraft - dropped

24. DiGertsi - dropped

25. big truck - dropped

26. shoque - 66xx

27. pekklemon - 66xx (will order later)

28. Durrty Boy - 66xx

29. theshonen8899 - dropped

30. IIIrd icon - 66xx (will buy in T5 local store)

31. Stylish Pilot - dropped

32. oeija - 66xx

33. almostnice - 66xx

34. H.Bosch - 66xx

35. Acetate - XX

36. Demitrinevoli - will order later

37. Zumin

still waiting for the reply of 5 participants.