denime xx type & 66xx type 2 year contest

edmond

more pics for my sponsors: thanks for the support. i appreciate your appreciation...what up sweden!

this is a pic of the jeans hanging on an old plow deep in my neighbor's back yard. the neighbor is are wifey's aunt, so she didn't mind. i'm from the hood, but now i live in the next adjacent county (chesterfield), so suddenly i live 2 doors down from a horse farm. i love horses...i gotta go over there and get some shots.

17895726.jpg

88193458.jpg

tracks in very dim natural light, note the side of calf fades. there's a nice sized hole there, but its no vis from this angle

28630140.jpg

40641172.jpg

this pic is about a month before the coinpocket repair, lets say 5 months in. right side, you can see how there is a fade line starting from the side of the thigh going up the back of the thigh. belt is starting to brown up nicely after about 2 months. i'm too black to get a tan anywhere else! oh yeah, theres traintracks/hip fade. coming in ok too...

love cotton thread or hate it, it seems from all the grail pics meader posted in the denime thread lately that the crotches/thread quality of those long-worn jeans still looked good despite the long, hard wear. some needed extensive repair, some not so much. i'm back on my ''buy em loose, or repair often'' band wagon. repairs are cheap , or even free if you DIY. i remember these same complaints at the beginning of the WH 660 contest, and gordon said that for these type of jeans(all cotton repros) 3 or more crotch repairs are to be expected if you really decide to rock em' for the long haul.

i appreciate your participation!

well, officially i'm not even participating, i've sent t5 several e-mails trying to see if my registration was accepted, or whatever. here's the latest one, sent

2 weeks ago( april 15): quoted from self

'' hey guys this is salaam from the US. i've been having trouble registering on the t5 site, so that i can post updates on my 66xx types. i've worn them everyday since i've had them, and they are coming along quite well. i've posted pics this week on superfuture in the contest thread so all you dudes can check them out...i'm now at 6 months, 20+ washes with lye soap. can you help me register so i can qualify for the final judging? thanks, peace.''

as usual, no reply. but when i e-mailed about sending $300 for the jeans i always got an almost immediate response. i'm not mad, since there's more than a year to go, but i'd hate to get to the 2 year mark and not even be fucking eligible for judging.

for all of those who have registered (officially) can i send one of you the IMG codes for my pics, and you post them on the t5 website?

if its the same seam like on my pair-that is easy to repair.

i also discovered the same damage as dr.house posted on last page.

this is the first pair where the inner seam wears faster than the outer.

not that i worry much,it could be a lot worse like on Atzecs pair.

denim is great,thread is wack!

wassup. . .been awhile since i posted pic's. my DSLR has been schitzo since i dropped it. :eek: so my bud snapped a few for me. i've been splittin time between these and a pair of SUFU 660's i got off the supermarket. i gotta say. . . the 660's are amazing! i'm not gonna lie, i'm not that into this contest. i love the jeans tho, but i feel like i'm baby-ing them compared to the 660's. all this talk of bad threads/no more XX denim has me. . .just takin it easy with em. sorry if that's not in-line with the the theme of the contest. i'm glad it's a two year deal i guess. . .don't have to force anything.

pic's after cutting the grass. . .

denime1.jpg

denime2.jpg

denime3.jpg

i got some big-rig axle grease on the ole' denime from working the dock, i gotta unchock the trucks and move the jackstands and one of them swiped my leg. so i rubbed in some kirks castille, and soaked them in the bucket full of soapy water for a day and a half, then washed as usual. all the black grease came out, and now my before shiny denime buttons have a white, oxidized patina to them( like warehouse buttons for all who own a pair). i love it. now i will always presoak and see what happens...

something tells me we might be the only 2 dudes in VA rocking denime, but i know there has to be some lurker out there who knows nothing about sufu but loves killer japanese denim.

it seems that your pair will be the 'VA contrast pair', and mine will be the 'VA vintage-fade pair'...so we're hitting them from both angles! very strategic work mr. shooter

meader gives his blessing to this contest. we are now official. bless sweden!

41968087.jpg

sorry for being mia for a few months now in the denime thread >< I haven't been wearing the contest jeans lately and so I don't have much to report. I did take a photo of the jeans just now. Really embarrassing progress compared to others here....

4601088434_0ac3c697ff.jpg

4601086736_ff711f7cd1.jpg