Asian Glow

phen3N

Facts:

- It's caused from Asians and some other races not having the enzyme needed to break down some chemical in alcohol.

Myths (not necessarily false):

- Pepcid AC and other heartburn medicines help prevent it

- If your parents drank/drink a lot you won't get asian glow

Who else suffers from this? I get red after just one beer, especially in and around the eyes. I take generic heartburn medicine (40mg) 30 min before drinking and it does usually help. My parents never drink and never used to, so that other myth might be true.

I just wanna hear other people's ways of treating this condition or just hear some funny stories related to asian glow

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Facts:

- It's caused from Asians and some other races not having the enzyme needed to break down some chemical in alcohol.

Myths (not necessarily false):

- Pepcid AC and other heartburn medicines help prevent it

- If your parents drank/drink a lot you won't get asian glow

Who else suffers from this? I get red after just one beer, especially in and around the eyes. I take generic heartburn medicine (40mg) 30 min before drinking and it does usually help. My parents never drink and never used to, so that other myth might be true.

I just wanna hear other people's ways of treating this condition or just hear some funny stories related to asian glow

I for one suffer from asian glow like crazy, after a few shots my face and body turns completely red. i believe that the myth is true since my parents never drink.

i get red if I drink and haven't had a good night's sleep before. I also find that wearing my pants too tight causes a red face. (0) so i usually am faced with either undoing my belt a notch and having to pull up my pants all the time while drinking my beer, or risking it. I get red about 1/30 times I drink though.

I'm half chinese and don't get the glow. My full asian roommate last year got like patches all over his body though, and turned red all over from like 2 shots. I thought I was going to have to take him to the hospital...-_- His reaction seemed less like "glow" and more like "damn I'm allergic wtf is this poison you put in me."

your parents having drunk a lot does not affect the chances of you getting red glow.

if your parents have red glow, chances are you will get it too.

it is hereditary. ('getting used to it' does not pass it onto filial generations)

an inferior genetics concept.

weed out the weak, keep the strong. something like that.

uh. dude. i said 'perceived'

of course, if you're a dude it's generally considered that you're a drunk mother fucker all the time.

but girls (eg. samsikle) who have rosy cheeks are percieved to be healthier. the word is perceived.

english mother fucker do you speak it?

uh. dude. i said 'perceived'

of course, if you're a dude it's generally considered that you're a drunk mother fucker all the time.

but girls (eg. samsikle) who have rosy cheeks are percieved to be healthier. the word is perceived.

english mother fucker do you speak it?

Yes i do, notice how i said... "we all know that's just a lie"... english motherfucker do you speak it?

I wasn't contesting on whether it was perceived to be healthier or not, i was just saying it was a lie that rosier cheeks = healthier. I see your point though, I didn't make it very clear.