Perfecto Jackets

nf one

So i'm pretty sure that there is already a motorcycle jacket thread and a leather jacket thread, but not one specifically devoted to the perfecto. I've been trying to find the right one forever, but all the good ones are seemingly impossible to track down.

the original perfecto and all of its variants

MarlonBrando.jpg

ervell 06

00030m.jpg

junya 07

00080m.jpg

lad musician 09

col_fin-031.jpg

lithium homme 09

Lithium+Homme+Femme+2009+Collection+92l3LYyu1T7l.jpg

rick owens 08

rickowens-21.jpg

rag & bone 09

4599a4ffc3c5c0b3633ea938b400167a.jpg

julius 09

84450003zs3.jpg

apc ??

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=5441101

april77 08

april77-decontrol-jacket-main.jpg

fuck Search & Destroy for selling Perfecto's that are disintegrating for $450. Assholes.

I have no idea how I would size in a Perfecto (classic Schott). Any help?

all of these jackets are dope. Kinda want an electric blue one.

i got a measurement spec sheet from schott, and the 613/618 are pretty frickin tight.

a 32 measures 15.6" in the shoulders and 18" in the chest, which is smaller than my tshirts, so i dont think sizing down is required.

i am a bit envious of the asian market though, they get a 613US, which is pretty much identical except it has higher, tighter armholes. if i could get a hold of that my life would be great

i got a measurement spec sheet from schott, and the 613/618 are pretty frickin tight.

a 32 measures 15.6" in the shoulders and 18" in the chest, which is smaller than my tshirts, so i dont think sizing down is required.

i am a bit envious of the asian market though, they get a 613US, which is pretty much identical except it has higher, tighter armholes. if i could get a hold of that my life would be great

why not go the custom route listed on there site?

http://www.schottnyc.com/customsizing.cfm?style=613

spec your jacket to your exact measurements. and include your armhole height and tightness in the modifications request.

Tighter and higher armholes imo is not the main problem anyway with production leather jackets. But is something repeated on this board ad nauseum every single time someone mentions wanting a tight jacket. The real problem is that the upper arm and lower arm part of the sleeve is not small enough in width/circumference.

Think of it this way. Take a shirt that you own which is not tight fitting, put it on and pin or pinch tight the part that is just off the shoulder and is the beginning of the bicep. Now look at how tight the arms are now. This was not a modification of the armhole at all but really making the sleeve smaller in circumference.

Will higher and tighter armholes help? Sure, but not if the sleeve width/ circumference is not tight enough.

btw i had the arms lengthened by 1" and sleeve width taken in at least 1.5" on the jacket that I purchased from you. Heaps better. and at least 85% of the way to looking as tight as possible. I'm now having at least another inch taken off the upper arm part to finish streamlining the jacket. The torso is still waaay too short to describe as a 34 but that would be nearly impossible to fix without major alterations. That Balmain Homme Fall jacket posted by geekbonchic looks like a proper 34 torso length.

Schott 613US ?? do they still make this? higher arm holes, no bulky sleeves..

http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h126137529

wildheart083img450x6001.jpg

also, there is also a 618GW... some sort of custom one for guitar wolf

no box fit, etc ... but can't find any real info on 618GW

btw i had the arms lengthened by 1" and sleeve width taken in at least 1.5" on the jacket that I purchased from you. Heaps better. and at least 85% of the way to looking as tight as possible. I'm now having at least another inch taken off the upper arm part to finish streamlining the jacket. The torso is still waaay too short to describe as a 34 but that would be nearly impossible to fix without major alterations. That Balmain Homme Fall jacket posted by geekbonchic looks like a proper 34 torso length.

theres a good chance that ill end up custom ordering a 613 over the summer but until then im still keeping my eyes open. i would be really interested in seeing pics of the revamped version of the jacket, if its half as nice as it sounds id strongly consider picking up a very similar one and doing the same. sorry it ended up being so much trouble

• 2 weeks later...

That matthew williamson x h&m jacket is terrible, please don't buy that.

Those studs need to go.

I've been wondering about the placement of zipper pull on some perfectos and leather jackets in general.

schott jackets, if i recall correctly, are on the usual right side of the body like how men's buttons/zippers are zipped/buttoned on the right side (womens' jackets zip/button on the left)

however, on some jackets like the lad jackets, are located on the left... and usually zipped up diagonally from left to right. schott zips up up vertically.

for refererence:

210935525.jpg

118blkfrt2.jpg

diagonal zip? left/right side? what's the history/story of the zip pull variations?