What Are You Wearing Today (Denim Version)

inquire

Posted · Hidden by Megatron1505, December 26, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by Megatron1505, December 26, 2011 - No reason given

<p>

OK, you want honesty ? I'll give you honesty. thinfinn, you are a chubby-ish person. you should not be wearing skinny, slim tight jeans and I can detect flab bubbling over through your shirts. yet thinfinn is very popular around here. Only certain body types look great in slender, slim-fit jeans (riff, kayodic, laxlife). To pull off skinny-ish jeans, at the very least, you shouldn't be overweight -- max power looks good in his Sam 710 because he's tall and lean. in my honest opinion, alexx1976 consistently appears better dressed and his clothes DO FIT BETTER compared to thinfinn-- I appreciate that alexx1976 is fit and athletic, and that his jeans fit appropriately loose. thinfinn wears mostly IH, and his clothes don't fit well...so why is he so popular ? why doesn't thinfinn get slammed like alexx1976 ?? It's this type of injustice I don't get, and I call it irrational bullying. Of course, everyone loves roy6, kayodic and riff -- and they don't need justification -- their shit always looks amazing.
</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Not sure what Rafa has done to offend you Shubs, but to my mind he's popular because he's a nice, friendly, helpful guy, who's takes good pictures, an who's clothes fit well and suit him. I didn't see if he made some criticism of Alexx, and I don't know what was said, but Alexx has had some shit for some of his responses to criticism, justified or not.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>My 2c is that Alexx dresses well, his clothes fit him well, the caps and matching sneakers aren't my thing, but if they're his then fair enough. </p>

<div id="myEventWatcherDiv" style="display:none;"> </div>

shoreman, I don't care to win acceptance or be cool. I do call out blatant injustice when I see it. thinfinn often neg-reps alexx1976. i never neg-rep anyone...it's just not my style to do so. i don't mind the neg reps you give me though. i don't take it personally, but then again...i don't think SuFu goes overboard with me the way it does alexx1976. And honestly, with my un-fashionable dress-code, I deserve the negs most of the time (though I'm sorry...I'm never givin up my patched IH 634S...I love them). I gave that samurai jacket away to my sister's neighbor btw (she's 14)...she loves it. i realized, as you did, that it was too tight (you negged me shoreman, when i wore it and so did cheap-faptronic, and in the latter case, that must mean something...because cheap-faptronic leaves me the fuck alone and lets me be me )...so I do appreciate the constructive criticism I get here. But the alexx1976 hatefest goes wayyy beyond constructive criticism and it's not even remotely amusing...IT is a waste of bandwidth. before you neg-rep and criticize mindlessly and unfairly, look in the fucking mirror first for god-sakes ! and i'm sorry...alexx1976 is human. his own reaction to this discussion shows that at some level, he's hurt although he's long ago given up on trying to win your acceptance. we're not unfeeling robots here ! criticism is cool, but be fair and constructive...be equitable about it.

shoreman, I don't care to win acceptance or be cool. I do call out blatant injustice when I see it. thinfinn often neg-reps alexx1976. i never neg-rep anyone...it's just not my style to do so. i don't mind the neg reps you give me though. i don't take it personally, but then again...i don't think SuFu goes overboard with me the way it does alexx1976. And honestly, with my un-fashionable dress-code, I deserve the negs most of the time (though I'm sorry...I'm never givin up my patched IH 634S...I love them). I gave that samurai jacket away to my sister's neighbor btw (she's 14)...she loves it. i realized, as you did, that it was too tight (you negged me shoreman, when i wore it and so did cheap-faptronic, and in the latter case, that must mean something...because cheap-faptronic leaves me the fuck alone and lets me be me )...so I do appreciate the constructive criticism I get here. But the alexx1976 hatefest goes wayyy beyond constructive criticism and it's not even remotely amusing...IT is a waste of bandwidth. before you neg-rep and criticize mindlessly and unfairly, look in the fucking mirror first for god-sakes ! and i'm sorry...alexx1976 is human. his own reaction to this discussion shows that at some level, he's hurt although he's long ago given up on trying to win your acceptance. we're not unfeeling robots here ! criticism is cool, but be fair and constructive...be equitable about it.

Whoa. lol.

I like Alexx attitiude, I like that Alexx' clothes fit him so well, I don't like Alexx' multi coloured sneakers and caps, but if Alexx likes them....good for him.

I neg you because you're annoying, not because I give a damn how you dress. (Though that denim jacket did look ridiculous, regardless of how you tried to convince yourself otherwise.)

Also, do you continue to call him Cheap-Faptronic because he admitted to buying his shirt at JC Penny? The fuck is your problem?

I neg you because you're annoying, not because I give a damn how you dress. (Though that denim jacket did look ridiculous, regardless of how you tried to convince yourself otherwise.)

Also, do you continue to call him Cheap-Faptronic because he admitted to buying his shirt at JC Penny? The fuck is your problem?

faptronic was cheapmuthafukr at one time. Most old-timers know him as cheap, and I see him occasionally called that, even now. I am not as shallow as you, shoreman...the fact that you don't see that is well...hopeless.

I like Alexx attitiude, I like that Alexx' clothes fit him so well, I don't like Alexx' multi coloured sneakers and caps, but if Alexx likes them....good for him.

Exactly.

i'm negging both of you till the bickering stops...

btw alex, i'm liking your oakley fat cat, might have to keep those in mind when looking for new frames. B)

the truth is, these clothing forums are all about "in-crowd backslapping." if you're an outsider be prepared to get on your knees and suck for a while before the "community" finally starts to accept your presence without irrational negativity. this social dynamic is more true here on SuFu than over at Styleforum, but SF isn't immune either.

its weird because I've been a member of many other enthusiast forums before but never before has there been so much 'meta-social dynamics' as on these clothing forums. I guess it's because we're truly just a bunch of pissy and cliquey fashionistas...

the truth is, these clothing forums are all about "in-crowd backslapping." if you're an outsider be prepared to get on your knees and suck for a while before the "community" finally starts to accept your presence without irrational negativity. this social dynamic is more true here on SuFu than over at Styleforum, but SF isn't immune either.

its weird because I've been a member of many other enthusiast forums before but never before has there been so much 'meta-social dynamics' as on these clothing forums. I guess it's because we're truly just a bunch of pissy and cliquey fashionistas...

Who the hell are you and what are you doing here?

Lol, just kidding

Its pretty easy to avoid getting any flak on here. Just dress properly.

you would think, but it isn't quite a silver bullet either.

there are some pretty shitty dressers who get props simply because of their rapport on here, and that's fine I guess. but realize that the amount of +'s or -'s you get is a function of 'your fit' and your online persona/street-cred, not just just the fit...

Edited by Bogie

even with a mountain of street-cred, the above fit still blows donkey balls tho...

Hey guys chill the f out.

It's christmas aftermath.

Alex dresses loose, probably due to his build, hes' got the cash, hes' got the build, wears them anyway he wants.

Haters gonna hate, smokers gonna smoke. Live and let live, dont let this thread go down.

Pomata's baby already out to clear peace with that cute face.

Peace out guys, lets not have any hate between denim & fashion, they dont necessary go together well always.

• sufu1 unpinned this topic