What Are You Wearing Today (Denim Version)

inquire

that sweeping vid is a classic. i demand other activities like loading the dishwasher, windowcleaning or dusting.

i already posted the comment in the trash, but i'll say it here too.... that brick was basically clean when he started sweeping. poor time management skills if i do say so myself.

I live in Japan, I have to take my shoes off about once every ten minutes. It's not practical to tie my boots unless I'm walking long distances. Few people in Japan tie up their boots unless they're going for a motorcycle ride or something.

really? i've spent plenty of time in Japan over the years and haven't witnessed this shoelace dilemma.

Japanese almost always set their shoes up to easily slip on and off, because you always take off shoes when going in houses (and many other places: churches, dentist offices, dressing rooms, certain public buildings, and so on.) I have several other friends who wear Red Wings and they never tie up their boots at all (in fact, sometimes they don't even put them on all the way. It's weird.) It's not like in the west, where you can easily leave on your shoes all day. If I do a lot of walking I tie them up because they eventually pull my socks off; if I'm mostly driving and staying indoors, like the day I took that pic, I don't bother.

My Iron Rangers have hooks so I always tie those, but not the moc toes. In retrospect, if I had really thought through all of this before getting my boots, I would have bought engineers or pecos, which are laceless and easier to get on and off.

• sufu1 unpinned this topic