What Are You Wearing Today (Denim Version)

inquire

The hell is happening in this thread lately...I enjoy all the criticism, honestly some people dress like shit. That's what this thread is for. Good vs. Bad fits including denim. riff wouldn't look so good if it weren't for some posters looking terrible...just kidding, the guy looks good in clothes period. but seriously.

Alex showing off the guns and smiling, I like it!

Max that latest fit with the 710xx is sick.

Chunky missed the memo on that belt...but, honestly the fit of the clothes is not bad.

Finn and Shub...stop it.

aniki the boots are sick but the jeans need a hem.

lots of new posters on here which I like...nobody wants to see the same people post over and over again...keep it up.

Stuff I have been wearing in...

Shenzhen -

6587279761_bf87185616.jpg

Macau -

6587283323_26fe4fa70c.jpg

Hong Kong -

6587291225_704e714a2e.jpg

and a new cut...

6587287411_e800146f5b.jpg

headsistails...i like everything individually...but i don't like the shirt untucked with the jacket (looks sloppy), jeans + boots looks good...but not a perfect match imo.

Edited by -Z-

headsistails...i like everything individually...but i don't like the shirt untucked with the jacket (looks sloppy), jeans + boots looks good...but not a perfect match imo.

Agreed, and the jeans are waaaay too narrow for those boots. Plus, IMO a cuff never looks good on a slim fitting, tapered jean.

Bogie is pretty much completely correct. max power and i wore nearly *identical* outfits today. his look gets tons of rep, mine gets negged. total bullshit (not ratting on max though - i know him from another forum and he's a great guy with good style. btw- today's outfit looks great!) personally i find the entire concept of 'rep' pretty stupid, but apparently it's serious business 'round here.

waywt is also a photography contest. if you dress like a hobo and take pics with a $2000 camera you'll get rep, if you dress well and take pics with an average camera you get negged.

This is spot on. No offence here but I think riff is the ultimate example. he can post anything and the sycophants will fawn all over him. There's no logic.

I repeat, no criticism of riff at all, just a display of the bizarre workings of the rep system.

I'm sure I'll be negged now!

Edit: forgot to mention that anyone who negs me proves my point - you know who you are sycophants! :)

Edited by Maynard Friedman

everyone knows i love riff but maynard i actually agree with you. riff is always well-dressed but i think he's a role model for many...it's obvious that he's successful on many dimensions -- in life, in appearance, in family, in fathering, in profession, in friendship, in behavior and attitude, in his bike-racing feats...though we know little about him, he's kinda "that guy" that we all aspire to be. that's the effect we're seeing here and i don't think it's a negative one. plus he looks like anderson cooper (I think) -- which is HOT ! :)

6588718365_719deca636_z.jpg

This is spot on. No offence here but I think riff is the ultimate example. he can post anything and the sycophants will fawn all over him. There's no logic.

I repeat, no criticism of riff at all, just a display of the bizarre workings of the rep system.

I'm sure I'll be negged now!

People have their favorites, plain and simple. In the case of riff, even if I don't like what he's wearing, he wears it well, and puts some effort into his photos.

Had to laugh at the recent discussion of people piling on to neg rep alex. who cares if he or any other shallow daily affirmation poster gets negged a lot? 95% of the posters in the various "what are you wearing" threads are looking for attention, to show off, fit in, gain approval, and feed their self image. For those reasons alone they need negged. then when you throw in sloppy or poor fitting clothing, half assed pictures, or redundant subject material, they definitely need negged. give me the guy who actually has his own sense of style and posts when he has something worth sharing. don't post a fit simply because it's Wednesday....

do you remember high school ? there was the popular crowd (which i was not part of). i was one of those that was well-liked by all cliques but unaffiliated. but there was always that homecoming queen/king type that was idolized by all. this boy and girl were typically 1) well-dressed 2) attractive 3) universally kind to everyone 4) un-shallow for high school standards 5) academically talented 6) great extra-curricular stuff such as sports, debate team, etc...7) very welcoming and nice to the new kids - would invite them to lunch and last but not least 8) modest and humble. in the high school arena that we call SuFu, riff is the quintessential homecoming king. that's how i see it. setterman, i care a lot about rampant, senseless and mindless negativity toward people -- it's just wrong. It's a form of bullying and there is no simply justification.

Shubha, you've got me blushing. That's the nicest compliment :) But I'd be the first to disabuse you of your romantic notions - and my wife would be the second :D And I'm no homecoming king ;) Thank you nonetheless.

WAYWT got pretty deep all of a sudden. I never mind neg rep if there is some sort of criticism involved. It's kinda nice to know why you got negged. Not that I'm going to change how I dress to ward off neg rep. Far from it, but it's more out of curiosity of what people disliked and what their personal tastes are.

As for a lot of regulars who post and get +rep they just consistently do it well or have become a favorite among the other members. It's a natural thing to happen. Same goes for the opposite which is unfortunate sometimes, but again a natural course when dealing with a small online community with specific criteria and taste. Furthermore, fashion is so subjective so whether someone hates a fit or not who's to say they're right or wrong in + or - rep?

I think tiger has it - behaviours may be exaggerated online, but they do follow many of the social mores we experience in daily life.

Who's the homecoming queen shubs?!

OK, I think if you're not from the US, this may be confusing to some. But high schoolers (ages 14-18) are often the most narcisstic and shallow creatures on earth. That said, there is always that boy and girl throughout high school who seem to have charisma, leadership quailty and immense likeability...and they get voted homecoming queen/king for their year -- to commemorate their high school's homecoming dance, the kick-off of football season, and also to represent their class. this boy and girl are usually admired and loved by all the other high schoolers for they seem to rise above the pettiness of the high school experience. since i've been on SuFu, I'm constantly reminded of high school. I mean, the similarities are uncanny !! but yeah, there's a shitload of grovelling and ass-kissing, bowing at the feet of the chosen homecoming queen and king...i think the same effect happens on sufu. sorry riff, i didn't mean to embarass you but i think you're that dude on SuFu. That's why people rep you til they're blind -- take it as a compliment...you are admired and liked by most, if not all. PS. I was the friendly bespectacled nerd-chick with an acne problem some 30+ years ago who couldn't pay boys to take her on a date...look where I am today !

it's a tie between sweapea and kayodic.

how bout beatle?

everyone knows i love riff but maynard i actually agree with you. riff is always well-dressed but i think he's a role model for many...it's obvious that he's successful on many dimensions -- in life, in appearance, in family, in fathering, in profession, in friendship, in behavior and attitude, in his bike-racing feats...though we know little about him, he's kinda "that guy" that we all aspire to be. that's the effect we're seeing here and i don't think it's a negative one. plus he looks like anderson cooper (I think) -- which is HOT ! :)

serious question, what's with the hiking boots, they look like glacier material?

Haha negged for wearing stuff thats not 'vintage' or anything from self edge. Understandble, this forum revolves around that kind of style so I don't mind.

In my opinion I wear the best possible clothing I can find that looks and feels good, and in Calgary I unfortunately don't have any stores anywhere close to what Self Edge, BiG or Blueowl carry so its hard :P.

Appreciate the comment superjunkie (repped). The hem is actually perfect although the camera sucks, the jeans don't drag at all when I don't wear my boots.

I have fallen in love with japanese denim and am saving up for a 'real' pair when I get the coin.

Loving TSG, PBJ and The Flat Head the most.

serious question, what's with the hiking boots, they look like glacier material?

yeah, these La Sportiva are serious hiking boots. I always wear hikers, which is a step up from running shoes -- my previous footgear on SuFu. I actually climb mountains and shit. Not long ago, I climbed the tallest mountain in the contiguous USA in one day (Mt. Whitney). That was the 2nd time for me. I don't wear other boots (work boots, service boots, etc...) because I'm a minimalist and those seem superfluous to me. I don't perform manual labor in real life, ever. I sit on my ass all day at work and write code. So I wear stuff which fits my real life.

• sufu1 unpinned this topic