What Are You Wearing Today (Denim Version)

inquire

I am curious.. could you explain why it is disrespectful to keep the insignia on? is that not in some ways the aesthetic of wearing military surplus/vintage is that you are wearing something that is a lived experience? it kind of loses its 'point' if you void it of its history.

Insignia is a symbol of earned rank. Unless he earned the rank, he shouldn't wear the insignia. I am not opposed to the aesthetic values of military wear, but if I buy surplus military gear I remove the insignia out of respect to those who have served, etc.

It is like removing a hat when entering a building. Holding a door. Et cetera, it is the proper thing to do IMO.

Insignia is a symbol of earned rank. Unless he earned the rank, he shouldn't wear the insignia. I am not opposed to the aesthetic values of military wear, but if I buy surplus military gear I remove the insignia out of respect to those who have served, etc.

It is like removing a hat when entering a building. Holding a door. Et cetera, it is the proper thing to do IMO.

Sorry but I disagree , I respect your opinion but your argument imho would be valid if he were impersonating (or trying to) which he clearly isnt . Dont get me wrong , your principles are good and I agree with your sentiment but this forum and ourselves is/are about style not aesthetics (style yes , fashion ...thats upto yourself )

• sufu1 unpinned this topic