What Are You Wearing Today (Denim Version)

inquire

shoreman, LOL, I realize that my horsemeat discussion must have gotten lost in translation. My point was : Since many of us (including me) justify wearing leather stuff by rationalizing that we eat the animal's flesh for food first, that logic doesn't play out. Nobody hates ocelots or horses or cows or rabbits, do they ? Does everyone that wears Aero horsehide jackets enjoy eating a plate of horsemeat ? I seriously doubt it. So that poor fool who wore the ocelot and leather jacket deserves no more criticism than those of us who wear horsehide shoes and leathers but don't eat horsemeat. Personally, I don't know any human horsemeat connoisseurs

but I'm sure they exist -- and such folks are more morally justified in wearing horsehide, for instance, than I am. Now, please...don't misconstrue my message as being "go cook up a plate of ocelots for supper". That's not my intent at all ! My point is...there's some hypocrisy in criticizing that ocelot jacket wearing fellow. Ocelots invoke much pity, because they are awfully cute...but so are horsies !

What, no horse meat? :D

I'd say 99.9% of meat eaters here eat or have eaten horse meat. But then again, not long ago we were still living in caves when others were building cathedrals and such...

There is a really popular sausage here that is made from horse meat mostly, called "метка", mettwurst. It's originally from Kazakstan region I believe but now it's made in Finland also (from other than horse meats too) and I've seen it in eastern europe, germany (where I believe it's popular too) and so on.

When it comes to meat industry, I believe that eating horse meat would be one of the most "humane" treats.

Eating pigs and "chicken" would not.

In some cultures wearing a fur coat of some rare species is considered to be a sign of status and wealth and some other cultures can't understand that at all (except their anthropologists). :)

Be real, Vanquish Gold, but those horrible huge things better stay in the Thrash or Supershopper. I am aware that you will get +rep there, i never understand this Goth Ninja whatever thing anyway. The designer must suffer from a serious cocain abuse. They look like a health device for patients with heavy orthopaedic deformations. Just imagine, how many decent workboots you could buy for the price of them...sigh.

Be real, Vanquish Gold, but those horrible huge things better stay in the Thrash or Supershopper. I am aware that you will get +rep there, i never understand this Goth Ninja whatever thing anyway. The designer must suffer from a serious cocain abuse. They look like a health device for patients with heavy orthopaedic deformations. Just imagine, how many decent workboots you could buy for the price of them...sigh.

Ya no worries man, RO sneaks get plenty of hate everywhere hehe...

For those of you who asked about my "I Don't" T-shirt, I

purchased it 3 years ago at cafepress in the Linux Geek section:

(Don't know if my version is still available though)

http://www.cafepress.com/+linux-geek+t-shirts

ME:

Mt. Whitney Tee ("I climbed Mt. Whitney in one day, the rest is downhill").

Samurai Heavy Rattler belt (Sz 32)

Roy Nihon Denim (Sz 30)

Vasque Summit hiking boots (W7)

6272878852_2df10871f0_z.jpg

6272866696_c41745d001_z.jpg

Just imagine, how many decent workboots you could buy for the price of them...sigh.

why would you ever need any more than one or two pairs of work boots? I've had my pair for nine years, they're the most comfortable things I own, and they still do a damn good job hiking/on site/whatever.

the thread is about denim, not about workboots. would neg if I could

Ya no worries man, RO sneaks get plenty of hate everywhere hehe...

real talk, those sneakers are dope. good fit all around +'d

3142cb2b.jpg

Roy Slaper:

Flex

Alternative

Roy Black 'n Blue

Vans

Me:

Norse

Star of Hollywood by Toyo

Strike Gold

Flat Head