What Are You Wearing Today (Denim Version)

inquire

I thought you guys might be interested in this discussion (from "worst")...

I think that's essentially true - but just because they're more critical outside superdenim, doesn't mean they're right.

styleforum is hilarious. Some good knowledge buried there, but essentially it's all about conforming to a pack mentality - or rejecting it just to be different, which is in fact the same thing. I love the diversity of SuFU and also its embrace of the interesting, quirky stuff like Mr Freedom or RIsing Sun. Even ROY is seem as a bit outré over there.

In any case, having separate threads is cool.

Good fit, nice boots, welcome.

Megatron - It's these kind of posts that are the reason this thread is frusterating to read. I understand you want to be nice but if we have to tell every person that posts "nice fit" then we're just wasting space and time.

How about we all assume that we like each other's fits and cut out all the useless comments. THEN when someone posts something that needs a little constructive cristicism we comment, OR if someone posts something exceptional we praise them. But this praising everyone for posting the same chambray and raw denimz as the last guy is getting redundant...

Yeh, I suppose I should stop saying what I think and making new posters welcome. Even though I do like his boots and his clothes do fit well.

Apologies for offending your high sensibilities with my bland nature.

Cmon guys. I think finchy has a valid point - we can still appreciate the good fits and whatnot, while providing appropriate feedback when needed. And that can be done in a non-insulting way.

I am what I am...

I didn't really mean it. I was disagreeing with you - in that I like the notion of politeness, of being kind. The absence of positive comment is usually enough to get a steer.

And riff, you wouldn't have been in worst fits if it had been anyone but you. It's the same reason that magazines love to print photos of Kate Moss looking spotty.

styleforum is hilarious. Some good knowledge buried there, but essentially it's all about conforming to a pack mentality - or rejecting it just to be different, which is in fact the same thing. I love the diversity of SuFU and also its embrace of the interesting, quirky stuff like Mr Freedom or RIsing Sun. Even ROY is seem as a bit outré over there.

Much agreed, unfortunately. Guys will post WAYWTs and get insults on some minute aspect of their bodies. or, they receive criticism for looking to similar to everyone else or too different. Here on sufu, it seems most people enjoy the diversity.

How about we all assume that we like each other's fits and cut out all the useless comments. THEN when someone posts something that needs a little constructive cristicism we comment, OR if someone posts something exceptional we praise them. But this praising everyone for posting the same chambray and raw denimz as the last guy is getting redundant...

I usually save little comments for +rep, and comment in the thread only if the WAYWT is truly inspiring.

• sufu1 unpinned this topic