What Are You Wearing Today (Denim Version)

inquire

Working 72 hours a week in a nuclear power plant takes a toll on your whole body especially your feet..steel toe/composite toe work boots are mandatory. After wearing numerous brands over the years Red Wing is the only boot i will wear anymore. Comfort and durability at a reasonable price. Most of the guys that work with me have worked in nuclear plants and coal burners their whole life and they have no concept of whats in style or fashionable..look at their feet and you will find Red Wings 90% of the time.

Thanks Morse! Sorry about that, I usually do remember to post what I'm wearing! :o

Top is a Haversack cotton cardigan, jeans are Eternal 811 (~2 months in), and shoes are RW chukkas - with a ring of indigo around them!

i used to wear a lot of DMs in the 80/90s but the quality was never there.not that i cared,being a scooterist they were essential.worst was the aircushion sole,wearing holes in it took sometimes just 4 months.the inside heel was made out of cardboard and cracked very quickly,not to speak of the poor leatherquality.

but Fettucine,yours looking of better quality,how do they hold up inside?

i used to wear a lot of DMs in the 80/90s but the quality was never there.not that i cared,being a scooterist they were essential.worst was the aircushion sole,wearing holes in it took sometimes just 4 months.the inside heel was made out of cardboard and cracked very quickly,not to speak of the poor leatherquality.

Funny you should say this, cause I am about to get my 1416s resoled with a more of a GT looking sole, but something with a bit of a heel.

You have any ideas? Maybe some Vibram sole?

I like the look of docs, as long as they are the classics, it's just that yellow stitching and see-thru sole that turns me off.

Guest fettuccine

but Fettucine,yours looking of better quality,how do they hold up inside?

Mine are actually the total opposite of what you mention...

I've had these for 5+ yrs, and don't wear them as often as I would like to, but rubber sole (still good), leather (good/better quality), and comfy as heck. And the inside is as good as it can get...no rips/tear.

• sufu1 unpinned this topic