My first time getting a speeding ticket....my experiance

DüM

I got pulled over for the first time today. Passed a cop and she flipped around and got me on the on-ramp. She said I was doing 50 in a 35, but she reduced it to 5 over. $113. not much of an experience. I just got paid but is still some bitchassness.

cried and puked.

discuss.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah, I'll just send a money order tomorrow and I'm done with it.

no one else has stories of bad tickets?

sufu drivers can't be that good.

It's a bad idea not to do traffic school, you can just do it online real quick and get the entire thing off your record.

my college was like 2 hours from my house and i had to come home for my grandfather's funeral. i was on my way back there, about 20 minutes from school cruising because i was so tired and just wanted to get there. i got caught doing 90 in a 65, had to take a defensive driving class and pay the $250 ticket. to top it all off, i also got a $100 parking ticket because i parked in a faculty lot when i got back to school. yup, hated my life that day and have slowed down/kept a better eye out for pigs since.

her face looks fuckin terrible, and I consider myself to be pretty open minded with the older women.

Both Marisa Tomei and Fran Drescher did the annoying accent + breasts better

i was in the local magistrate's office last year waiting to go in for a hearing and there was this state cop outside waiting to go in for a traffic ticket hearing. we started bs'ing, he told me that he and most of his buddies never pull people over on the highway until they're going 80+ (speed limit in PA is 65). so i just set my cruise at 75 now and i've never gotten hassled by the po-lice.

My first time was on my way from SF to Pleasanton to drop off my friend.. I forget the name of the highway--I'm never on it. I was going 95? And there were 2 guy cops. I had 3 other people in the car, it was past curfew, and I hear they can arrest you and impound your car if you're over 90? AND I was still on a provisional license.

They just gave me a speeding ticket for 85. :> And I did traffic school for it.

But I for 2 more tickets later and my 3rd was a dumbass mistake so now it's suspended for a year.. but since this is about your first time I won't go into that. :>

im going to court in 2 hours to contest a speeding ticket I got like 8 months ago. I think the cop was bullshitting me and pulling me over just because I was black in a bimmer so I think i might have a good shot seeing as he didnt actually show me how fast I was going on his radar he just came out with the halfassed speed he "visually estimated" me going

wish me luck sufu

my best advice: get a lawyer... any lawyer you can afford & TAKE IT TO COURT.

i had a 65 in a 35 + driving without being properly licensed in high school. lawyer got it down to 40 in a 35 with the second ticket dropped because i got licensed between the time the ticket was issued and court.

went from something crazy ($600+) to $200 + $150 lawyer fees (a friend of a friend) and 3 pts. instead of 8 on my license.

Yeah, $200 for being 5 over in NY