Architecture

superdupersang

i back archinect.

does anyone know where i can find good architecture books on teh net? i've been trying to locate the LTL book with the cinema/ video complex in it? those hand drawn perspectives are absotluely sick. i'm just trying my best to collect beautiful hand drawings before shit gets phased out of the arch culture altogether.

i back archinect.

does anyone know where i can find good architecture books on teh net? i've been trying to locate the LTL book with the cinema/ video complex in it? those hand drawn perspectives are absotluely sick. i'm just trying my best to collect beautiful hand drawings before shit gets phased out of the arch culture altogether.

whats the LTL book?

I too would like to hear some suggestions nice books that feature hand-drawn (or partially hand drawn) presentation techniques.

cheers.

oh sorry i forgot about this thread recently. i have a project due thursday and its been frickin intense.

LTL = lewis tsurumaki lewis. They released this book that documented a project on a cinema/ video rental complex. I dont know how to describe the project. vertically, its set up in this funny checkboard style that keeps a visual link between the two parts of the project.

i saw the book last year when an instructor from the GSD showed it to me just to give some examples of awesome hand drawn renderings. the most amazing part of it was the exploded perspectives. damn.

i haven't been able to find it yet. the size of the book is half that of an A4 (A5?). worth buying for sure. i dont think it'll be epesnive cos its not fancy paper at all and most of it is black and white.

• 1 month later...
Guest Goose25

Hi all, we have a potential project using containers so would be interested to know if anyone has built with or researched this type of housing.

Basically, we would be setting up a number of them in a Western-European country and self-containment is the key really as some of the general utilities don't exist.

I know a group of architects in NY were working with this type of housing so let me know...

thanks!

^You talking about Lot-ek?

There's a whole bunch of these projects in london providing low(er) cost offices and studios for creative industries, mainly centred near to what was the Millenium dome. I 'm sure if you look them up they'll have a discernible web presence documenting their progression. Don't forget the Freitag store building, of course.

Other than that,Atelier Bow Wow has some nice understated projects worth looking at.

• 2 weeks later...

falling.jpg

I've just started studyig achitecture, so my scope is limited but on first impressions Fallingwater is the most appealing building i've come across.

The fusion of nature with structure is inspiring, feel free to correct me, but I find it one of the most influential buildings I've seen

Hi all, we have a potential project using containers so would be interested to know if anyone has built with or researched this type of housing.

Basically, we would be setting up a number of them in a Western-European country and self-containment is the key really as some of the general utilities don't exist.

I know a group of architects in NY were working with this type of housing so let me know...

thanks!

If you're serious about this, pm me-

We've done a number of container based projects.

rooftop-ext-5-view-11.jpg

PKG-twr-2.jpg

www.jonespartners.com

I was just watching Small Space Big Style on HGTV. I donnu if anyone has watched it before but its usually got really unique apartments featured. The episode I saw had this house in Tokyo that was made out of cubes.

It was designed by http://www.tekuto.com/index.html all their stuff is beautiful and original.

Well this is the house that was on the show

2072550866_e06436b636_o.jpg

2072550870_1a8fd79dfa_o.jpg

2072550868_dc29435779_o.jpg

2072550872_fd8f5cde96_o.jpg