Architecture

superdupersang

Just started a 16 hour CNC file. Lol Architecture. Whats your longest Appleseed? This one is takin' the cake for me.

God, nothing worse than running on finals deadline and having to smell laser'd acrylic and getting coated in milled foam dust for 8+ hours. Best part of being in the professional world is I have people to do that shit for me.

Had a bunch of stencil board laser cut to show gratings and mesh patterns for all those models. Think the guy said it took about 9hours to finish 3 8x.5x11 sheets. woof-

sort of. It was my only choice. My plan was this:

seeing as I live in portland now, and plan on living in portland for the foreseeable future, I figured my best bet was to apply to UO because it would mean I could be back in portland for the second two years of the program and my girlfriend wouldn't have to move, etc etc.

The idea was that if I didn't get in to UO I would broaden my search and apply all over the country, in which case, we'd have to move anyhow...

so yes, my first choice. I'm pretty happy, though applying for graduate housing appears more daunting than actually applying to school...

The "Grad Day Open House" on april 11th is unfortunately the same day I get back from a lil vacay in Mexico, so I won't be attending that.

Grad housing? How much would you actually be saving tho? Day to day in EUG is fucking cheap. Trying to think where the grad housing by campus is? I think they have a couple of complexes. There was one that was designed by arch. faculty member Rob Thallon...over off Agate maybe?

You could always rent a room at my parents place (9)

• 3 weeks later...

Depends on the scale. If it's small scale, I say use those medium grade green fluff ball things that come in bags. If bigger, you could always laser cut 2 tree profiles w/ notches and slide them together. Or maybe just circular dowels cut to the height you need. I dunno, whatever looks fine and doesn't draw any attention.

Edit: I'm still laughing at that Venice project.

kind of off-topic

im doing an BA environmental geography program right now, but i recently finished a few landscape architecture courses and got really hooked into it.

Im wondering what programs in the states offer a Masters program in Landscape Arch. that is for non- B.LA students?

kind of off-topic

im doing an BA environmental geography program right now, but i recently finished a few landscape architecture courses and got really hooked into it.

Im wondering what programs in the states offer a Masters program in Landscape Arch. that is for non- B.LA students?

depends how talented / gpa / gre scores you have but GSD / UPENN are argueably the most advance / future thinking program in the nation right now. James corner ( field opersation ) designer of the "high line" is the dean at UPENN so you can have an idea of the work that will be coming out of PENN.

At the GSD well, all this crazy computer scripting so the story goes, is that in the urban design / landscape architecture program where mass data is repetitivetly, parametric design was used first to generate design, which was later used in architecture.

your question is rather vague .., because there are literally 100's of school that offer MLA options.

If you have more focus question you can message me if you like ( my undergrad background is in L.ARC ) . I am also receiving my master in architecture. and have my been accepted into most of the top tier architecture schools and can speak a lot about there open houses / program structure

@ tarotron

I have nothing but good things to say about the UCLA ( undergrad ? ) program. In the first graduating class 2 people in the same application cycle got into princeton ( out of a class of 15 ), 2 in gsd , 2 into columbia, 2 ucla , 1 yale. Its no joke. You get top tier facility. and top tier graduate level critics.

from what ive noticed is that you either A embrace the true life of a architecture student at ucla or your a typical UCLA student, etc. the former will result in admissions to some of the best schools in the nation and the latter you can say you graduated from UCLA.

you can also ask me question more questions about the undergrad program, one of my classmates is from the first graduating class.

good luck

depends how talented / gpa / gre scores you have but GSD / UPENN are argueably the most advance / future thinking program in the nation right now. James corner ( field opersation ) designer of the "high line" is the dean at UPENN so you can have an idea of the work that will be coming out of PENN.

At the GSD well, all this crazy computer scripting so the story goes, is that in the urban design / landscape architecture program where mass data is repetitivetly, parametric design was used first to generate design, which was later used in architecture.

your question is rather vague .., because there are literally 100's of school that offer MLA options.

If you have more focus question you can message me if you like ( my undergrad background is in L.ARC ) . I am also receiving my master in architecture. and have my been accepted into most of the top tier architecture schools and can speak a lot about there open houses / program structure

@ tarotron

I have nothing but good things to say about the UCLA ( undergrad ? ) program. In the first graduating class 2 people in the same application cycle got into princeton ( out of a class of 15 ), 2 in gsd , 2 into columbia, 2 ucla , 1 yale. Its no joke. You get top tier facility. and top tier graduate level critics.

from what ive noticed is that you either A embrace the true life of a architecture student at ucla or your a typical UCLA student, etc. the former will result in admissions to some of the best schools in the nation and the latter you can say you graduated from UCLA.

you can also ask me question more questions about the undergrad program, one of my classmates is from the first graduating class.

good luck

where else did you get into to?

Not Wes, but he sits in front of me. J,P:A is probably the only reason I'm still doing architecture. He and I share a similar context and view of design, and it's a pretty cool to be part of an office that I had a major hard-on for when getting started in undergrad.

I like just using dowels for trees. Mr. Tree is a designer over at Meier's LA office; makes tons more money selling those stupid ass 'build-your-own-scale-tree-kits' then actually practicing architecture.

Sad but true.