Zombie Defense Task Force Thread

Mr Waffles

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

killin zombies in a key of

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf_Rv0hCF6I&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf_Rv0hCF6I&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

96_none_so_vile.jpg

only zombie slaying sound track for me

cryptopsy: slit your guts, it's have to be death metal or else it's not the apocalypse. would wear all cloak and vans. for some reason vans are my ideal zombie slaying shoes, white authentics that are brown and red by the end of the day haha.

Hardly any of you seem to have been doing your homework (Brad Pitt is on point though).

This isn't some couple weeks thing, you have to be ready to be in it for the long run!

The long run being: infrastructure completely falling away, no electricity meaning no fresh water, lights, radio, tv, phones, web, refrigerators (enjoy all your rotting food!), gas will run out soon enough, etc etc...

I'd say forget about trying to hide and sit it out, if you don't get overrun you'll just starve or die eventually from the flu or something silly like that.

A bike as suggested earlier does sound good, if it's the slow kind you would be able to easily outrun them anywhere where there are roads (if they're fast running type we're fucked anyway...), but you'd have to get away from the roads eventually.

I think a horse could be pretty good as it doesn't limit you to roads, it does mean another mouth to feed, and this could get tricky in winter...

Assuming that they "die" from a shot or blow to the head/brains, that's all you'd want to be focusing on, so no swinging around fancy swords, setting them on fire, "beartrapping" their legs or whatever.

I don't have any experience with any "real" guns so I doubt that would work, would prob go for a crossbow or something, incredible force behind those shots and there are kinds that can shoot other stuff besides arrows, would switch to ballbearings once those run out and after that small rocks/pebbles.

With regards to close combat, a "Lobo" does seem to be ideal,

and if hand-to-hand combat is inevitable I'd only trust this little nr:

ishackimagel.jpg

Crushed skull with a spike in the brain is exactly what you'd need.

Later more...

Hardly any of you seem to have been doing your homework (Brad Pitt is on point though).

This isn't some couple weeks thing, you have to be ready to be in it for the long run!

The long run being: infrastructure completely falling away, no electricity meaning no fresh water, lights, radio, tv, phones, web, refrigerators (enjoy all your rotting food!), gas will run out soon enough, etc etc...

I'd say forget about trying to hide and sit it out, if you don't get overrun you'll just starve or die eventually from the flu or something silly like that.

A bike as suggested earlier does sound good, if it's the slow kind you would be able to easily outrun them anywhere where there are roads (if they're fast running type we're fucked anyway...), but you'd have to get away from the roads eventually.

I think a horse could be pretty good as it doesn't limit you to roads, it does mean another mouth to feed, and this could get tricky in winter...

Assuming that they "die" from a shot or blow to the head/brains, that's all you'd want to be focusing on, so no swinging around fancy swords, setting them on fire, "beartrapping" their legs or whatever.

I don't have any experience with any "real" guns so I doubt that would work, would prob go for a crossbow or something, incredible force behind those shots and there are kinds that can shoot other stuff besides arrows, would switch to ballbearings once those run out and after that small rocks/pebbles.

With regards to close combat, a "Lobo" does seem to be ideal,

and if hand-to-hand combat is inevitable I'd only trust this little nr:

ishackimagel.jpg

Crushed skull with a spike in the brain is exactly what you'd need.

Later more...

Wood breaks. Give me a lead pipe or crowbar with cloth and medical tape on one end to serve as a grip.

A revolver for reliability.

A 9mm for clip and quick reload.

But you're never going to fight, you want to constantly be moving.

Also: A lot, a lot of peanut butter.

put on some julius and spray on some black panther and you'll blend right in to the zombie population.

other option is to do this

warhammer40k1.jpg

Why they be wearin True Religionz?

Top 3 weapons (excluding the auto-included crowbar)

1. M110 (Semi-auto sniper rifle) - long/mid range

2. S&W M&P 9mm Pro - close range/fast firing

3. S&W M&P 9mm Pro - when I need to reload the other one

The last two preferably with shock rounds, the first with the FIST system

and imma wear that shit that divers wear when they go to feed the sharks.

Thought the exact same thing (and wear the humboldt squid suit over it just in case)

As for vehicles, I'd probably steal a Maserati/Aston from the people that live near me for the "cruise through lightly infested areas" car and a Humvee (with M-2 mounted on the top of course) for forays into the heavier infested areas (although it'd suck if the gas ran out a la RE: Extinction)

i just watched i am legend for the first time last night...cried cause the dog died.

i cant have an animal with me or will killself cause so sad if it dies.

altho i told micks' cousins about a possible zombie outbreak and they are on my team.

The use of dogs is problematic. I have a German Shepherd who would die for me, but a dog can't use weapons. Would she become infected, ie. I am Legend, after a close-quarters encounter with a zombie?

I think a chainsaw would be one of the best weapons possible. A formation of humans using chainsaws in a mini-phalanx would be formidable.

Also, I would break into a motorcycle shop and steal a bunch of gear. Moto gear is built to withstand multiple impacts as well as sliding on concrete, so it would be tough for a zombie to penetrate it, even if they got close. A helmet would compromise hearing and visibility but would offer excellent protection, as well as impede zombies' access to your neck.

Racing suit + knee pucks + gauntlet gloves + racing boots + helmet = a tough meal for a zombie. Snag a kangaroo-leather suit for added flexibility.

You'd need backup weapons. But until the nature of the zombies is totally standardized I am not sure effective firearms would be. Blowing their heads clean off would probably work, but could you make that shot every time?

Losing an eye (for example) would stop a human and probably most animals, but maybe not a zombie. I'm thinking that dismembering them would be a more sure way of neutralizing them, depending on their imperviousness to gunfire.

there was this zombie movie where a group of pple were stuck in a mall. they climbed onto the top of the roof and opposite of the mall theres a gun shop. on top of a gun shop they see a survivor and via cardboard signs they play a game of shoot that zombie!

I think having a neck brace with spikes all around the outside is necessary as part of body armor. then maybe arm warmers and ankle cuffs with small blades too just in case you need to do combat fighting but bullets and knives all the way. fire takes too long. while you're toasting one others can spring on you from the sides or back.