Zombie Defense Task Force Thread

Mr Waffles

This might sound cheesy but I'd head to the local mall. There's one close by that absolutely NOBODY goes to. It's really big and has 3 stories not including two basement levels.

The entrances to the second story from outside are easy to destroy as they are almost all bridges. The first floor only has a couple entrances and they lead up to the second floor via one escalator which is easy to destroy if need be. The third floor houses 16 cinemas which can only be accessed via one escalator.

What better place to hide out than in a movie theater? It's meant to trap noise and light inside. There's a couple restaurants located in the mall and up the street is a gun shop with way too much ammo. Oh and there's a beer hall.

If anybody lives in Cupertino, it's Vallco.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ben_m3s90.jpg

s'all i need

12 gauge remingtion 870 express right? i own this gun. good luck reloading quick enough, and being close enough to take heads off.

there's a chain of stores down the street from me, with a flat roof with ladders behind them for roof access. there are large glass domes on top of the buildings also. figure ill take my AR-15 up there, along with the 870 express, disconnect the ladders, break the glass domes . i'd take a rope with knots so if its clear i could drop down through the top of Ralphs, grab some groceries if needed, and go back up.

I thought about this while reading the zombie survival guide a few years back. good shit.

This might sound cheesy but I'd head to the local mall. There's one close by that absolutely NOBODY goes to. It's really big and has 3 stories not including two basement levels.

The entrances to the second story from outside are easy to destroy as they are almost all bridges. The first floor only has a couple entrances and they lead up to the second floor via one escalator which is easy to destroy if need be. The third floor houses 16 cinemas which can only be accessed via one escalator.

What better place to hide out than in a movie theater? It's meant to trap noise and light inside. There's a couple restaurants located in the mall and up the street is a gun shop with way too much ammo. Oh and there's a beer hall.

If anybody lives in Cupertino, it's Vallco.

vallco looks like it's run down and inhabited by zombies already.. unless they're redoing it?

y'all doin it wrong.

zombie apocalypse = governments sending nukes to nuke other governments/countries to end all be all infection.

aka

ALL YA KNEEGLOS GONNA DIE

what am i gonna do?

get some beezies and drugs and go out in one big party. think heavens gate but less preachin and more umf umfing

vallco looks like it's run down and inhabited by zombies already.. unless they're redoing it?

lol, vallco does look like its dead. I think the only thing that still makes money at that mall is the movie threaters.

Hmm, vallco does sound like a good idea, no one goes there. I mean no one!

Fuck that sitting around waiting in a building for your demise shit. I'll hide for the first day or two in my attic until the majority of them leave to the city for food (I'm pretty sure they'll leave after they kill most of the people???) and then I'll go up the street and scavenge from the police station (sheriff's got a riot tank that's basically a stryker, also have a shitload of swat gear, many, many ARs and SMGs) and then take over the multi-million dollar homes and create a walled compound. I think it'll take about a week for them to leave the city and come back out in search of food, by then I plan to be sealed off and well supplied

yeah, i've thought about the whole zombie invasion too much while baked.

i'd head over to kerleys and then to my friend's storage unit next to vallco. the owner of kerleys usually has around 100 guns in the store including a barrett M99 in .50. to give you an idea of how much ammo he has, he gives anything that's been sitting for more than a year.

the storage unit has a lot of survivalist gear including my setup.

first line.

-Bates Tora Bora Alpine Boots

-TAD Gear Stealth Hoodie

-TAD Gear Anorak Hardshell - layer over stealth hoodie when it rains

-Arc'Teryx Bravo Pants - or the IH 301s i'm wearing right now

-Random Knee Pads and Elbow Pads

-Issued Base Layer - basically underarmour

-Weapons Belt - 2x Dump Pouch, 2x Pistol double pouches, Shell Panel

second line (on-the-go)

-Tactical Tailor MAV - 6x M4 Double Pouches, Shell Panel, 2x Emdom GP Pouch

-Kifaru Navigator Pack

second line (on-base)

-Bandoleer - 4x M4 FASTmag, Emdom GP Pouch

Vehicle:

-Specialized Hardtail Mountain Bike - Panniers and Racks on front and back.

Weapons:

-M4 Carbine - Readymag, Magpul Stock, Surefire Flashlight/Frontgrip, Aimpoint COMPML3(with 3x Magnifier on pivot mount), Laser, Vortex Flashhider, Gemtech G5 Supressor

-Sig Sauer P226 - Crimson Trace Laser Grips, Gemtech Tundra Supressor

-Remington M870 Shorty - Folding Stock, Ghost ring sights, Shell holder, on bungee sling

-Benchmade Offsider 7 inch fixed blade

-Benchmade Mini Barrage 3 inch assisted opening folding blade

-Aluminum Baseball bat

Miscellaneous

-Beanie

-Wiley X Romer II Shooting Glasses

-Blackhawk SOLAG Gloves

-Neck Gaiter

-MCU-2/P Gas Mask

-Satellite Phone

-FRS Radio with throat mic

I own about 3/4 of this stuff. I figure that 5.56mm ammo will be plenty as well as 9mm pistol rounds. The shotgun is always ready at my side but does not swing around when not in use. Everything here will pack into the Kifaru Navigator pack which will most likely go on the front rack of the bicycle. The bandoleer is worn when I am around a shelter. I'm basing this on being in a modern day town with reasonable access to goods. It's not hard to pull off headshots on a slow moving target up to 200m.

Plan:

Contact friends within 2 mile via FRS Radio(1 Army Ranger, 2 Marines, 2 others). Head to Kerleys and chill in basement for a week. Head to Vallco or nearby abandoned warehouse/office building, Win. Hopefully some of my other friends will try to contact us and head on over. Two others are military and two more civilians.

so yeah...

5.56 is more plentiful than 7.62. it's also lighter and thus, i can carry more. think about what is issued to the modern soldier because you'll be scavenging for ammo soon enough.

the 5.56 is designed to "tumble" in the air and cause serious damage to flesh targets so it's almost perfect for headshots. the 7.62 does pack a good punch but it's hard to hide the muzzleflash and sound on a 7.62 unless it's subsonic.

and a fucking chainsaw. but du up there has his shit fucking PLANNED.

yeah but, gasoline

and evilcrayon is fuckin prepared. i am def going to his house in zombie apocalypse.

food, semi-steez, and ammo to the victims.

i like how the tag is celine dion.

but in all seriousness, my wifes dad thinks that civilization is going to fall soon, and has enough guns and ammo to last 25 shots a day for 15 years (hes done the math) and food to feed 10 people that long as well. thats whurr i be goin.

By the time you get there he will have already been killed by his neighbor and all of his supplies stolen. Definitely not planning on relying on anyone else, if I find any survivors good times but I'm not going to hope that some other dude has his shit together

the 5.56 is designed to "tumble" in the air and cause serious damage to flesh targets so it's almost perfect for headshots. the 7.62 does pack a good punch but it's hard to hide the muzzleflash and sound on a 7.62 unless it's subsonic.

The 5.56 doesn't tumble in the air, it tumbles once it enters flesh. It's a straight shooting round that works well at long range distances, something that would be impossible if it began to tumble in the air.

Any rifle round will be loud, hell make that any gun fire at all regardless of type. A .22lr is loud enough to be heard a long ways away. Discretion is the best bet when it comes to gun play; make it your last resort. Evasion should be everyone's first method of staying alive. There will be more zombies out there than you have ammo, you can't kill them all even if you were given all the time in the world. Keep your head down, your powder dry, and let all the other sufu cowboys bite it while trying to Rambo it up with the living dead.

And relying on finding ammo is silly. Once the hammer drops, everyone will have the same idea and horde what they can find. Thinking you can just pop down to the local gun shop or Walmart and restock is asking for trouble unless you feel like elbow jockeying (if not outright gunfire considering people's moods in such a scenario) with every other idiot who didn't prepare. If you don't have it at the outset of the outbreak, don't count on finding any large quantities of it.

For myself, I have 2 AR-15s (carbine and rifle), 2 shotguns (Remington 870 and 1100), a few pistols (Springfield XD9, Springfield 1911 .45, Ruger GP100 .357, Ruger MkIII .22lr), and a few other assorted rifles laying about with more ammo than I could possibly or even want to carry. I'm set on that angle. I'd probably keep on my person an AR-15 carbine and my XD9 and leave the rest at the homebase. If I'm forced to flee, I'd attempt to also take at least one shotgun and both my .22lr pistol and rifle for hunting purposes. If I have to on foot, the Ruger MkIII would be enough and would be worth it's weight in gold for bagging small game. The one weapon I'm lacking that would be nice to have is a bow. Like I said, gunfire would attract unwanted attention, so keeping my hunting silent would be ideal.

How I'd play out my escape plan depends on how much prior notice of the infection I had. If I had none, I'd hunker down for a little while because finding a way out of the city with everyone else would be impossible. Not to mention it's just asking for a zombie ambush on the jammed roads. I'd let things cool down, assess the situation and then move on from there. If I'm sticking in the city, there's a construction company a few blocks away that has a large walled in area. It's about 10-12 feet high, so that should prevent any zombie from being able to shamble over. It has a two story building on site, so I could easily board up the first floor and use it as my keep in case of any breeches. There's also a lake not more than 4 blocks from it, so fresh water would not be an issue.

If I'm given more advanced notice or if I have to flee the city, I'd have to head south. A winter in the wilderness in Minnesota is no joke and it'd be rough trying to survive it. I'd stick to the back roads and even may go cross country. In the event of a complete societal break down, other human survivors would potentially be even more dangerous than the zombies. It'd be best to stick with your core group of people and avoid everyone else if at all possible. An abandoned farm near running water would be an ideal spot to hole up. It should be located far enough in the country where the risk of a large zombie population would be unlikely; even if the homestead were attacked, the small number should be easy to put down with some handy rifle work. It'd also minimize the chance of any human survivors finding us and threatening our supplies either through theft or mooching.

wait, i don't know why i said tumble in the air. i personally have about 1600 rounds of ammunition and 36 M4 magazines and 6 P226 magazines loaded and ready to go. friend has about two pallets of 5.56(no idea how he came upon this because i know he didn't pay for it) which is why i'm sure we're fine on ammunition). you'd also be surprised at how quiet 9mm is with a supressor on a pistol.

as far as your weapon choice, i want your ruger... but how do you like your XD9?

kerleys, local gun shop has a shit ton of ammo which would probably last us a couple years. it does make sense that people will horde ammo but if the opportunity arises that we do find ammo, the likelihood that it's 5.56 or 9mm is greater than most other rounds.

i'm hoping that most of the inhabitants of my town flee. kind of like how most middle-class and upper-class citizens fleed from hurricane katrina but the lower-class citizens didn't really have anywhere to go. my town is mostly made up of upper-middle and higher. i haven't had a real plan after the mall just because there's so many different options that it's hard to narrow one down without actually having a set area and lots of preparation.

and of course. flight>fight during the zombie invasion.

edit: lets not turn this thread into a pissing contest about what works for whom.

you'd also be surprised at how quiet 9mm is with a supressor on a pistol.

as far as your weapon choice, i want your ruger... but how do you like your XD9?

edit: lets not turn this thread into a pissing contest about what works for whom.

No pissing contest intended. I was drunk last night so any belligerence was alcohol related.

Yeah, a suppressor definitely cuts down on the noise level. Unfortunately for me, they're illegal in this state and rare enough anywhere else. I wouldn't rely on myself finding one unless I got extremely lucky.

The XD9 is a champ which is why I would take it along. I have roughly 10-15k rounds through it without a single malfunction and even went about 1500 rounds without cleaning it to see if it would hold up (it did). I know it'd be reliable in the long run. I've also used it extensively during IDPA and USPSA matches so I'm confident in my ability to accurately get head shots quickly with it.