Sign in to follow this  
homi29

Dry Denim is fun, but lets talk about washes

like most things, there are degrees to washes. distressing is on the extreme end of a kind of wash. but many (including what I mentioned above) offer one wash models, which aren't fake looking. the idea is really to eliminate the shrinkage step and focus on comfort.

all the jeans on this page have been artificially distressed in an effort to try and emulate the natural effects of wear, I have never seen this done successfully - it always looks fake.

th_501xxrivet.jpg

I personally like some of the washes that Rogan and *cough* Blue Blood *cough* do...I'm not necessarily so much into the fake distressing as much as I am into having a lighter wash ...like someone said earlier, you need a break from dark jeans now and again...

If you always buy dark denim you will always have jeans in varied stages of natural wear and fading. You can always buy vintage jeans with natural distressing if you want something instant.

th_501xxrivet.jpg

Dry denim is cool and all, but it isn't for everyone. I don't think I have the patience to wear my RRDS to the point where they look as impressive as my 5EP do.

just picked up these BAL jeans. Im thinkin they look pretty good:

polopolo0930-img600x450-1137593743dsc00940.jpg

polopolo0930-img600x450-1137593751dsc00938.jpg

polopolo0930-img600x450-1137593758dsc00937.jpg

Be Advised: Morgan Nixon AKA Moman631 AKA Moman6040 is a fraud.

i think some of the subtler washes from brands like earnest sewn or diesel (or even levis lvc)look aright but most washes look fake and also hinder the jeans natural ability to fade properly. i had always worn dark or vintage jeans but when prefaded/dirty/destroyed jeans first appeared i jumped on the band wagon.

i have a pair of diesels x rotuck (772) i purchased about 3 years ago and i can see how the natural wear wouldve looked if they didnt already have faded legs, whiskers, and honeycombs when new. on the other hand i have a pair of rabox art80m with almost no fading and now 4 years later they look awesome.

now if a buy a pair faded jeans they gotta vintage with real wear.

as far as new jeans go something like the nikki sixx wash from julian red is perfect because it is very subtle and the jeans look basically raw with 3 or 4 very slight creases in the lap and some barely there scraping (plus that pink weft is the best). no fake whiskers to get in the way of the real ones when they show up!

and those acne dry clean are amazing! as are the mix deadstock that are coming out.

Edited by cultpop 0217 on Jan 27, 2006 at 08:01 PM