Dry Denim is fun, but lets talk about washes

homi29

i think some of the subtler washes from brands like earnest sewn or diesel (or even levis lvc)look aright but most washes look fake and also hinder the jeans natural ability to fade properly. i had always worn dark or vintage jeans but when prefaded/dirty/destroyed jeans first appeared i jumped on the band wagon.

i have a pair of diesels x rotuck (772) i purchased about 3 years ago and i can see how the natural wear wouldve looked if they didnt already have faded legs, whiskers, and honeycombs when new. on the other hand i have a pair of rabox art80m with almost no fading and now 4 years later they look awesome.

now if a buy a pair faded jeans they gotta vintage with real wear.

as far as new jeans go something like the nikki sixx wash from julian red is perfect because it is very subtle and the jeans look basically raw with 3 or 4 very slight creases in the lap and some barely there scraping (plus that pink weft is the best). no fake whiskers to get in the way of the real ones when they show up!

and those acne dry clean are amazing! as are the mix deadstock that are coming out.

Edited by cultpop 0217 on Jan 27, 2006 at 08:01 PM