spicy food apprecation

whitney

i thought i could take spicy food until this korean girl gave me some spicy noodles. she was acting like it was nothing while i was dying.

any other azns start getting an itchy head while eating spicy food? i was eating with NESK at this thai place and both our heads were itching while his white friend didnt get it.

White people use white pepper, too. Especially in white sauces and other things that shouldn't get discolored by black pepper.

LOOOOVE hot and sour soup, but we only get the kind that has gotten cornstarch shoved so far up its souphole that it's basically liquid cornstarch with a tiny bit of flavor added to it.

you have to get franks xxtra hot

original tastes too bland

speaking of hot sauces what are some other recommended ones?

i've had sriracha and franks and tabasco too much

i agree that original frank's is not spicy enough, but i think it's the best straight cayenne pepper sauce flavor you can find. i found if you add a shit ton of franks and then just a bit of tabasco, you get the heat + the superior flavor of franks.

there are a shit ton of boutique hot sauces out there that pretty much all taste the same...but for shit you find in a supermarket, i generally just get frank's, crystal (hotter, very good) and the chipotle tabasco, which is so fucking delicious.

ps i know someone posted the following delicious thing on the first page, but fuck it, it deserves it's own thread

buffalo-wings-dinner-006-custom.jpg

heaven on earth. i honestly think i could eat wings every day for the rest of my life and not get tired of them.

i thought i could take spicy food until this korean girl gave me some spicy noodles. she was acting like it was nothing while i was dying.

any other azns start getting an itchy head while eating spicy food? i was eating with NESK at this thai place and both our heads were itching while his white friend didnt get it.

yea.. my head itches when i take really spicy food.

had this for lunch today at a sketchy underground food stall

Liang Pi (spicy cold flat noodles with gluten)

3339626313_7045956a9d.jpg

feel like eating this right now

20071207-GopChangJeonGol-2.jpg

Intestine hot pot

The spiciest thing I ever ate was this beef tendon ramen at this szechuan place near my office in Akasaka my shit was burning for days because of the whole peppercorns

white pepper is so underrated

do only asians use white pepper?

yah. i don't know why but i always have to ask for it at a chinese restaurant.

i asked my white friend whether or not she uses white pepper and she says no because its too hot.

spicy cheeseburger mMmmmmmmmmmmhmm

3374981140_6745d6a321.jpg

spicy cheeseburger mMmmmmmmmmmmhmm

3374981140_6745d6a321.jpg

oh man there is this little diner joint here that makes something like that, a burger with everything on it plus hot sauce and hot pepper rings and jalapenos

so good

1168592011.jpg

Ate this like every other day when I was in china over the summer. Can't find a proper version on the east coast. Omg the numbing slow burn.

Not sure if this has been posted yet - but there are plenty of sichuan restaurants in NYC which serve traditional hot pot. Most are in queens, but the chinatown Grand Sichuan has a reasonable facsimile.

I am a spicy food addict. I've reached a point where even people in cultures that eat lots of spicy food cannot tolerate the level of spiciness that I can. I go through about a bottle of Sambal Oelek a week and just today I got indian food and went through about 25 raw green chilies.

YAY FOR CAPSICUM!

Get this stuff. Its like the crack of chili sauces.

Its called Laoganma a.k.a. "Captain Crunch" due the gravelly texture of the sauce combined with the angry looking dude on the label... The Captain doesn't disappoint

3315374375_ebb9606bff.jpg

oh man that shit is lethal. soo good though

Get this stuff. Its like the crack of chili sauces.

Its called Laoganma a.k.a. "Captain Crunch" due the gravelly texture of the sauce combined with the angry looking dude on the label... The Captain doesn't disappoint

3315374375_ebb9606bff.jpg

yo thats not a dude man

thats "old dry mom," bro get it right