Jil Sander x Uniqlo

e0d9n0b5

this is wack imo

uniqlo already has a minimalist sensibility and decent cut

jil was all about great fabrics, something uniqlo won't have

uniqlo doesn't have a stable element in its core collection comparable to what this could/should be. also jil always used impeccable fabrics but it certainly wasn't the alpha and omega of her line, bust up with bertelli notwithstanding.

that said i'm hoping they'll improve the quality of their wool fabrics for this range, which are pretty awful

also how awesome would it be if helmut lang was next?

Guest Phrost

when helmut left no one came in to fill his position. still true today. everything he did was modern even though he would reissue and reinvent his signature details every few seasons. he was one of the most versatile and talented designers

• 5 weeks later...

as mentioned before, this isnt a one time collection right? This will be a part of an ongoing series by jil x uniqlo?

The reason i ask is cuz ppl are gonna be beastin at the price points. They arent cheap but not exactly expensive either.

That 2nd black waxed jacket is gonna get it so hard

According to previous press stuff it's a line within a line at Uniqlo, so it definitely differs from the previous designer invitations. I don't think anyone knows how it's going to be stocked or merchandised, but it's hard to imagine them not updating the stock regularly if they plan on differentiating it from the DI stuff.

The UNIQLO +J collection’s price range:

+J Women’s Collection

Outerwear: $39.50-$149.50

Shirts: $39.50

Pants: $49.50-$59.50

Skirts/Dresses: $39.50-$49.50

Cut and sewn: $19.50-$29.50

Sweaters: $29.50-$49.50

Cashmere: $79.50-$129.50

Accessories: $29.50

+J Men’s Collection

Outerwear: $79.50-$149.50

Shirts: $39.50

Pants: $49.50

Cut and sewn: $19.50-$39.50

Cashmere: $129.50-$149.50

Accessories: $29.50-$99.50

October 1st in the US

October 2nd in Asia

http://hypebeast.com/2009/08/jil-sander-x-uniqlo-j-2009-fall-collection-ad-campaign-and-release-date/

JIL’S RETURN: Uniqlo and Jil Sander have finally set a date for the German designer’s long-awaited fashion comeback. The Japanese chain will start selling the +J collection in the United States and the United Kingdom on Oct. 1 and in Asia on Oct. 2. Prices range from 1,990 yen, or about $21 at current exchange, for a stretch t-shirt to 14,900 yen, or $155, for a Chesterfield coat. Photos of the products, including tailored shirts, button-down jackets and sweaters, leaked online earlier this week. But on Thursday, Uniqlo unveiled a couple shots from the line’s new advertising campaign, which will break August 24 in GQ Japan. Shot by David Sims, it features black and white images of wind-blown models Sean Opry and Isabeli Fontana.

nah man, deep down i think its really sweet your going to do something nice for a female.

also im kinda jealous that your gf probably dresses like SHES NOT GOING TO CLUB all the time.

hahaha i'm a lucky guy :o

it's okay, everything good comes with time and after dealing with tons of bullshit.

and dave you already know I'll proxy for you no fee! just gotta let me know what to cop!

• 3 weeks later...