NYC: drummer wanted

craigslist is usually 30 year old jazz dudes, so i figured i'd try here

forming band needs drummer in the immediate nyc area.

we practice on the weekends in bushwick brooklyn.

we have 2 complete drum sets, one rock, one more jazzy. we have professional equipment in a practice space.

we are looking for someone who can play pop music, think motown, brit invasion, 60s rock, new wave.

our influences: the smiths, housemartins, rolling stones, byrds, REM, echo and the bunnymen, eddie cochran, talking heads.

we have 12 songs written, just waiting for you to join in.

we're 23, work in the fashion and art worlds, we want to record and gig, we have access to lots of stuff, we just need the right person.

if interested PM or email me at andrew.mailliard(at)gmail.com

see www.itowesmealiving.blogspot.com to see what kind of things we're into.

thanks

ditto on the drummer needed in NYC bit...but instead, influences in the various realms of hardcore (the harder and faster, the better)...and some metal sprinkled on top (though I doubt we'll have much rapidfire double kick drum action)... holla if you need a dolla.

ANyone need a place to record or practice...my boy has a very professional spot, with 3-4 rooms, across the street from FIT. Very good/competitive rates and easy environment.

(no thread jack)

hebay - no worries, drummers are impossible to find! i used to be in a ultra fast hardcore band when i was younger. we toured and were on some comp 7" and then broke up. super fun though.

jeepster - the key to our sound is 1 guitar, i play no distortion through a vox ac30.... jangle jangle. johnny marr x forever

but form a band, and i could play bass for you.

PAID - even the Smiths had a second guitarist for a while...

val - I played thrash/speed back in middle school when I was really into hardcore... my main playing style revolves around Black Lips-meets-Chicago Blues (think Electric Flag, Paul Butterfield)-meets-the Jam-meets-the Who-meets-Smashing Pumpkins-meets-Blur.

I run a Custom built Marshall JTM45 w/ Gibson SG classic and a whole buncha pedals. I can play anything as long as it doesn't suck.

jeep -

im not fucking with gannon from the smiths, he ruled and made it possible for them to play some of the more complex songs live.

and he played all of stephen street's jams live for the early moz solo dates.

im in love with his gibson es-295 goldtop.

just looking for a one guitar sound

haha no worries

but yeah, dude is solid. In fact, he may have been more important than Marr live at that point in the Smiths considering he gave the entire complexity it's backbone.

Is it a power-trio or a four piece that you're forming?

I'll guitar tech if you guys buy me beers haha

hahahaha.

I'm lazy :( We will though. My band's still trying to get off our feet and practice etc. hah, we're getting there. somehow.

Also, Paid Vacation: Place to practice near FIT? I live like, right near there. Shoot me details.

Also, jeepz: If you're here next week, you should go to the Titus Andronicus show at Market Hotel (habia sez you don't go to Bushwick though.. :() , it's NJ Punk/Rock stuff-- I think it's up your alley. take a listen to their myspace. Show will be epic.

val - I played thrash/speed back in middle school when I was really into hardcore... my main playing style revolves around Black Lips-meets-Chicago Blues (think Electric Flag, Paul Butterfield)-meets-the Jam-meets-the Who-meets-Smashing Pumpkins-meets-Blur.

I run a Custom built Marshall JTM45 w/ Gibson SG classic and a whole buncha pedals. I can play anything as long as it doesn't suck.

Damn son...my government and all?

Okay hmm...well what we're doing certainly doesn't suck and it sounds like you got some abililililities... hmmmm...

Damn son...my government and all?

Okay hmm...well what we're doing certainly doesn't suck and it sounds like you got some abililililities... hmmmm...

hahahaha.

I'm lazy :( We will though. My band's still trying to get off our feet and practice etc. hah, we're getting there. somehow.

Also, Paid Vacation: Place to practice near FIT? I live like, right near there. Shoot me details.

Also, jeepz: If you're here next week, you should go to the Titus Andronicus show at Market Hotel (habia sez you don't go to Bushwick though.. :() , it's NJ Punk/Rock stuff-- I think it's up your alley. take a listen to their myspace. Show will be epic.

That was me who mentioned the practice spot/studio near FIT. I've got some PM's about it as well... Lemme talk to my mans and em and see what I can come up with... I know the rates just went up for some of the rooms since they renovated it, again. It's really good though...total DIY professional spot...my two dudes built everything up in there...including raising the floors and lining the ceilings with some type of sound proofing.

I think it's $15-20 an hour for practice space usage...with optional Pro Tools recording of the whole deal.

Here's the older website they've got up...

Sound Clash Recordings

I'd say hold off from hitting those guys directly, and hit me with a PM instead to inquire...I can then put the word in and even try to get a deal for you (if I like you).

hahahaha.

That was me who mentioned the practice spot/studio near FIT. I've got some PM's about it as well... Lemme talk to my mans and em and see what I can come up with... I know the rates just went up for some of the rooms since they renovated it, again. It's really good though...total DIY professional spot...my two dudes built everything up in there...including raising the floors and lining the ceilings with some type of sound proofing.

I think it's $15-20 an hour for practice space usage...with optional Pro Tools recording of the whole deal.

Here's the older website they've got up...

Sound Clash Recordings

I'd say hold off from hitting those guys directly, and hit me with a PM instead to inquire...I can then put the word in and even try to get a deal for you (if I like you).

Change yr approach and become a skiffle band.

Also, if you've got that room open in 2 years I will think about it! Got a lot doin in Chicago.

Change yr approach and become a skiffle band.

Also, if you've got that room open in 2 years I will think about it! Got a lot doin in Chicago.