Warehouse

Medine

Benz, with a hot wash and trip through the dryer, my 800s shrunk to below tag size, and have stretched out to tagged size (or 1/4" under it) with just a couple wears.

My experience with BiG's measurements on the 800s and 0105Cs is that they've been right on.

^^^ But the 800's one wash on BIG are listed as a size bigger then tagged. Their 33's are listed as having a 34 waist. I need a measured 33 and am worried that the 33's really measure 33. I don't want to get 32's, which BIG says measure 33, to find out that they really measure 32. And your saying that yours measured to tagged so that means BIG is off by a size and that's what I've been finding with a lot of their stuff. I got some Momotaro's from them that were a full size off from their charts.

I'd guess that they cold washed the 800s. If you hot washed them, or some raw ones, they'd probably shrink up like mine.

Here's a crappy picture of my 800s and my Full Counts 0105Cs, both are size 40. #800s are higher and narrower waisted, less anti fit in the rear, narrower in the thighs, and much less tapered in the lower leg. Doesn't show up in the picture, but even with six months of wear and 9 or 10 more washes, the non-worn areas of the Full Counts are darker than the #800s. Oh, and the #800s are VERY soft.

000_0029-2.jpg

^^^ Nice. Thanks for the post. Which pair do you like better overall? It sounds like I'd like the fit of the 800's better but which denim feels better and of better quality? Or is it just a preference thing?

I like really dark denim so it looks like the WH's get light really quick which I don't like, but the fit looks like it would be really good.

I like the fit of both, but give the Warehouse the edge. My prefered denim is hands down the Full Count, but the Warehouse is still new and very hairy. Given daily wear, I'm sure the Warehouse will turn out nice. Both jeans are darker than they appear in the photo. Here's the 800s, inside, near a window, with no flash.

000_0030-1.jpg

My one wash 800's (size 34) measured .5" smaller than listed (35") at BiG's website -- they were 34.5". They have now stretched to 36" after about 10 wears -- 36" is my true waist and where I aiming to get them to. Easily could have gone for 36" in the one wash as well - these are pretty trim through the top block for me thought there's plenty of room in the legs.

Hawt dang! My got dang Warren blue jeans ripped hard! Gotta give these indigo work dungarees some kick ass repairs. Can't work in the fields in jus' mah' undies! Too cold for that. Good lord.

what an outrageous crotch blow out. good luck fixing that. its gonna be a doozy.

I like the 700 fit and how it's a bit more relaxed then the 800's. But I don't like cinch backs all that much and think it would get in the way with a belt. Would I go to denim hell if I cut the cinch pieces off?

people used to do it all the time back in the 30s

3904448430_f694e32395_o.jpg

I wouldn't cut it off though, but i'm biased.

• 2 weeks later...

I might be able to assemble an answer to this via the search engine, but I'm never very successful with that.

I've had a pair of 660s for about a month now. The fit all around is alright, however there remains some stiffness/lack of mobility somewhere between the very upper thigh to the crotch - one-legged kneeling is problematic, for example.

I've also noticed that the crotch might be starting to go already, undoubtedly due to the stress in this area.

While I probably should have gone one size up, these are not skin-tight, and I'm not a heavy person.

At what point should I expect this area of the jeans to "soften" up and become more flexible and is there anything I can do to expedite this process? Is the crotch going to blow before this happens?

I should add that I've worn them straight out of the package and have never soaked or washed them.

I appreciate your response.

It'll soften up but it will also shrink. You might be in a bit of a bind.

''My prefered denim is hands down the Full Count, but the Warehouse is still new and very hairy.Given daily wear, I'm sure the Warehouse will turn out nice...Doesn't show up in the picture, but even with six months of wear and 9 or 10 more washes, the non-worn areas of the Full Counts are darker than the #800s. Oh, and the #800s are VERY soft.''--setternan

sorry if i quoted things out of order. i concur, the FC denim raw is darker than the warehouse 1000xx, which is dark as hell in its own right. and the FC denim will hold it's indigo longer under equal wear conditions. the warehouse fade much faster. the warehouse denim is green caste, while the FC is purple-caste. the FC is zimbabwe cotton(organic, and handpicked) while the WH denim is memphian pima.using hand-picked,single cropped cotton in 2009 is insane. the warehouse is soft, but the FC is softer. the WH 1000xx is known for it's intentionally tight weave, while the FC is the opposite. they are both superb examples of fine denim any true head will no-doubt appreciate. imho if i had to wear one denim over the other forever, i give the FC an edge due to the extra softness, and dye retention., so but i LOVE the 1000xx too. to me all of the osaka5 denims are all basically equal, it's just a matter of preference...i will add that the way WH buttons oxidize is a sick detail

i've been babying the fuck outta the WH cause i've been concentrating on getting the FC the most time possible. they are still fading(ever so slightly) despite the fact i hardly wear them, never work in them, and have never done more than go to a few summer cookouts. that's how i know they fade FAST. WH&FC denim are both mad hairy when raw too. on the 700s i shaved off all the belt loops but one, and i hammered down all the rivets. about my previous post, the warp and weft slub of 1000xx denim is more obvious/pronounced compared to FC denim, and the 1000xx feels thicker, despite the fact that both the denims are approx. the same weight. after soaking(2-3times), the 1000xx feels a lot different than when raw.