Warehouse

Medine

^funny, thats the size I just bought...;)

i was digging through yahoo auctions for fun (oh denim life) and saw this crinkly pair of 15th anniversary 1001xx's...interesting to see the wide spectrum of fades this fabric can bring....this pair and the pair i posted above make me want to machine wash all my pairs moving forward, i love that crinkliness!

darumase7enimg600x44913.jpg

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/154368840

it's varied across the years...from what i recall, it was separate from the oxidation denim (1000XX that we know and love on 660's, etc.), but then they made 1001xx's with the 1000XX denim as well. not sure the details on each and every year or when it's varied, but the above 15th anniversary denim was seen only on the 15th anniversary pairs and the latest release with the double arcs (700's, 1001xx). to further complicate it, theyre switching up the 1001xx denim again for the pair that will come out in may. so the long and short of it is, it's all very confusing ;)

i was digging through yahoo auctions for fun (oh denim life) and saw this crinkly pair of 15th anniversary 1001xx's...interesting to see the wide spectrum of fades this fabric can bring....this pair and the pair i posted above make me want to machine wash all my pairs moving forward, i love that crinkliness!

i don't think machine washing is necessary to achieve crinkliness, so long as the denim has the qualities to achieve crinkled fades (which warehouse definitely does); i get crinkles just fine on (some) of my denim by hand washing them (see burgus in sig)

as much as i hate to say this and as little as i follow this: pants are pants!

Nice, aho. one of my favorite cuts paired with some of the best denim. enjoy them!

dirty secret: every pair of raw denim i have gets tossed in the washing machine as soon as they arrive.

i am a monster

damn, didn't mean to instigate a hand washing vs. machine washing war.

i've had and seen enough disastrous results of jeans put in washing machines that i'd rather not chance it with my denim. aside from preventing undesirable creasing and fades, i find there are many advantages to hand washing; however, most times when hand washing, i do wish it would go as quickly and easily as using a machine. when my denim reaches the later stages of its lifespan, i will employ the washer.

more power to you if you have the confidence to wash your jeans in your machine. wabi sabi.

Thank you. Also what is the 1001x comparable to in other fits? 501 1947?

If the cut hasn't changed from the 15th anniv to the current 1001XX, it's modeled after the 50s 501. Too much taper to be 40s. The #700 is 1930s, the 1000XX is 1940s.

Denim is rough workwear made to be washed in machines. It's not a cashmere jumper.

Waits for the angry negs.....

But what if denim is as expensive as the finest cashmere jumper :o

as much as i hate to say this and as little as i follow this: pants are pants!

Nice, aho. one of my favorite cuts paired with some of the best denim. enjoy them! dirty secret: every pair of raw denim i have gets tossed in the washing machine as soon as they arrive. i am a monster
damn, didn't mean to instigate a hand washing vs. machine washing war. i've had and seen enough disastrous results of jeans put in washing machines that i'd rather not chance it with my denim. aside from preventing undesirable creasing and fades, i find there are many advantages to hand washing; however, most times when hand washing, i do wish it would go as quickly and easily as using a machine. when my denim reaches the later stages of its lifespan, i will employ the washer. more power to you if you have the confidence to wash your jeans in your machine. wabi sabi.

there was no precept handed down by the denim gods on how to handle RAWs. IMO, the dichotomy lies on [or falls into] 2 major/popular tenets based on user's individual experiences. it's like having one religion, but 2 different practice rituals [ie, 2 different denim journeys].

bottomline, there is no absolute rule. we do as we deem fit cuz that's what makes us happy [satisfied with the results]. i presume, denimheads, are happiest when they are able to practice their "rituals". afterall, it's not the destination, but the journey itself, right?!

personally, unless they were O/W version, i'm more into "soaks-until-it's-time-to-wash" method. not really the same as 6-mos or w/e method. when, then? oh, it's instinctive__ you'll know when :)

Edited by BrownMetallic

LOL accidentally repped myself...anyways, some more info on the new denim:

Based on a 1930's Levi's denim banner (they often posted it next to the new release) that they painstakingly researched (my own words) to get as close as possible to the original. Cotton is sourced from Memphis Tennesee, Texas and Arizona. They slowed down the looms to 1/4th the normal speed, they used a thick short cotton, and they focused on making sure the denim puckers up real well after a wash. me want...