Warehouse

Medine

After 4 months of on and off wear, went to the beach today to give my 700s a swim in the Long Island Sound...In Bellport for the weekend and decided to hit the beach, apologize for the load of pictures

img0424p.jpg

img0426c.jpg

img0434q.jpg

img0441evj.jpg

After drying:

img0483g.jpg

img0484z.jpg

img0485uqg.jpg

img0486l.jpg

img0487m.jpg

factoid: pima cotton(1000xx denim is made from memphian pima) is a hybrid between american upland and egyptian cottons. short staple cotton(ex. samurai texas denim) has a statple length of about 1inch. egyptian cotton(long staple) is about 1.25 inches. cotton fiber has the same strength as steel thread of the same size. it's strength increases 10% when wet.

listen to beatle, friend, you don't want them to be that ball-busting.

mhh.. a 34 sounds possible - but a 35 ? I don't think so - you'd be basically busting these jeans

Agreed. Also if the jeans in question are the Warren OW from Kiosk 78, they run a half inch smaller than tagged...i got a 32 that measured out to just below 31.5 inches. I am a true 33 and the fit is right on for me after a little stretch just like i like it. I think even a 31 would have been too small for me.

I actually like these so much I bought an extra pair for the stockpile. The denim is sick....crazy leg twist and plenty hairy! The cut is also nice The front rise is 12 inches on a 32 but the back rise is only 14.5 or so which gives you a nice neat fit without too much ass-sag.

mhh.. a 34 sounds possible - but a 35 ? I don't think so - you'd be basically busting these jeans

thanks. i'm a little conflicted about which way to go with these. according to the BIG site, the u. thigh increases by .75 in. from the 32 to the 33. i'd probably be best with a 34 waist to be honest, but my legs are damned skinny relative to my waist. i think the 32's (33 waist o/w) will have to do--provided the waist stretches 2.5 inches or so.

• 3 weeks later...

My 800's have a little white size/lot tag that is sewn into the leather patch and hangs below it. Leave it on or cut it off? It's kind of a funky little detail and will probably curl up and fall off of it's own accord, but I wondered if it was a quirk meant to be left alone???

i cut mine off, but only because i figured that if i was a worker in the 1930s/1940s the little tag wouldn't have been a big deal to me. so i cut it. now i kinda wish i had left it to curl up on its own. it looked pretty sturdy.. i believe it said 'running number...''.

My 800's have a little white size/lot tag that is sewn into the leather patch and hangs below it. Leave it on or cut it off? It's kind of a funky little detail and will probably curl up and fall off of it's own accord, but I wondered if it was a quirk meant to be left alone???

I think thats supposed to replicate the white tag found on 1933 levi's 501s. I can't remember the name of the organization and I'm in a hurry, but it was a way to call attention to Levi's cooperation during the great depression/new deal.

Today - I joined the warehouse club with a pair of 700. They are - as pointed out before in this thread - simply beautiful!

700 with scraps and thread BiG send me

DSCN0247.jpg

Fit before soak

DSCN0242.jpg

DSCN0243.jpg

Next to go old sam

DSCN0246.jpg

I was a little worried that the inseam would be to short after soaking. But it looks like im fine. These babies are soaking right now - post soak fit pics to come