Warehouse

Medine

@jkbrwn great fades mate, I have a pair of 1000 that are slowly getting there. I also copped myself a pair of the 700C but sized up to a 38 (36 had already sold out), i was hoping that a couple of hot soaks would have a big impact but they’re still pretty roomy. If I stand with my legs wide apart the jeans look great but I look a bit strange :)

Thank you @lance

@Toegun - Thanks! I moved to New York in October of last year from London and due to the humidity here, I've not worn any denim since March really - my Montgomery Ward's on lower humidity days maybe once a fortnight - and really quite miss it, so will probably wear these 1001's most days... A shame about both our pairs of 700Cs then! Really gutted - they're so, so nice...

For anyone in the U.S., are there any decent denim places I'm missing outside of the obvious sites like Canoe Club and S&S? Blue in Green don't really carry anything I like... I had to order these 1001s from Clutch in London. Having lived there my entire life, I didn't realise how spoilt I was having Clutch and Son of a Stag on my doorstep...

I was in SENY a couple of weeks ago in shorts and Vans and made a joke that I had grown out of the need to wear denim and work boots every day of the year to be cool.

Then I noticed what the guys were wearing...

Anyway, it will be great when they pick up Warehouse. Hopefully by then I'll be a legit 36 in 900s, not stuck between that and 38. Hopefully we've finished our feud by then.

9 hours ago, jkbrwn said:

Thank you @lance

@Toegun - Thanks! I moved to New York in October of last year from London and due to the humidity here, I've not worn any denim since March really - my Montgomery Ward's on lower humidity days maybe once a fortnight - and really quite miss it, so will probably wear these 1001's most days... A shame about both our pairs of 700Cs then! Really gutted - they're so, so nice...

For anyone in the U.S., are there any decent denim places I'm missing outside of the obvious sites like Canoe Club and S&S? Blue in Green don't really carry anything I like... I had to order these 1001s from Clutch in London. Having lived there my entire life, I didn't realise how spoilt I was having Clutch and Son of a Stag on my doorstep...

Freeman’s Sporting Club sells Warehouse.

30 minutes ago, jkbrwn said:

Aforementioned DD-1001XXs. Very happy with the fit. Sized up to a 36 and hemmed to 29". Shipped Tuesday from Clutch, arrived in New York on Wednesday.

IMG_20190906_145904_933.jpg

How tall are you?  If you don’t mind me asking. 29” inseam looks good!

Thanks! It's the shortest I've gone on any pair of jeans but wanted a bit of socks to show through with these new Yuketen's and I always find a longer inseam means I can't wear jeans with a pair of NB 990's and now I can :-)

Not very!175cm/just under 5'9".

2 minutes ago, Flash said:

Very nice. Interested in a pair of the 47 dd’s myself , hows the sizing on them ? 

I sized up to 36". I am a tiny bit on the unfit and overweight side at the moment, though, but a 36" is still the right size. I usually wear a 34" in most things, but have sized up to a 36" in Warehouse twice now with no regrets. I ride a bicycle and my thighs are pretty meaty so need the extra room there, too.

When I first took them out of their cotton bag I was terrified that they'd be too small - and they were very tight, but they were one wash and they've become much, much roomier and are very comfy now. My first jeans in probably five or so years without a cinch, though, so that's quite strange.

Edited by jkbrwn

No red label, which IMO is no bad thing. I'm still in two minds about picking the arcuate to imitate a pair of Levi's.... I don't buy jeans to imitate Levi's, otherwise I'd just buy some LVC! So am tempted to leave as-is.

I'd say the photos on Clutch actually perfectly represent what they looked like when they turned up to be fair! Not sure if you're local to Clutch, but if not, ping them a message on Instagram/call/email and they'll happily run through sizing with you.

Edited by jkbrwn

Can I interest anyone in the aforementioned Ecru 800s or 700Cs?

One hot soak on each but no washes.

36" label size on the 800s but realistically fit like a 34". Hemmed to 33".

33" label size on the 700Cs and they fit like a 33". Hemmed to 32".

I can get precise measurements and better photos of each if anyone is interested.

CONUS shipping is preferable but can ship overseas. I am returning to the UK next weekend so could feasibly ship anywhere in the UK/EU, too.

I'm not after much here - just want to recoup the costs of my DD-1001XXs so PM if interested and we can work something out.

IMG_20190909_181254.jpgScreenshot 2019-09-09 at 18.40.49.png

IMG_20190909_181419.jpg

Screenshot 2019-09-09 at 18.34.54.pngScreenshot 2019-09-09 at 18.34.50.png

Screenshot 2019-09-09 at 18.34.45.pngScreenshot 2019-09-09 at 18.34.28.png

Edited by jkbrwn

• 2 weeks later...

first time warehouse buyer and first time superfuture poster looking for sizing and washing advice regarding lot 800.

i typically wear size 29 or 30 but am unsure what to expect the waist, front rise and inseam measurements to be after all shrinkage is out for sizes 28-31.

for reference i have a size 28 pair of lvc 33501 (one hot soak) that fits my waist well with a 14.5-14.75 inch waist, front rise just a hair short of 11.5 inches. also have a size 30 pair of 90s lees that fit well with a 14.5 inch waist and a 10.5 inch rise. respectively their inseams measure 32.5 and 31.5 inches; i wish they were both somewhere between a half inch and inch longer.

i don't have much of a backside, so i like having to stretch out the waistband and keeping things tight up top. at the same time i prefer my jeans higher and want to account for the increase in rise measurement between tag sizes. 

correct me if i'm wrong, but after reading through the thread i'm troubled that WH jeans continue to shrink after their in-house one wash treatment. i'd rather not double wash the jeans before wearing them in, so i'm thinking about getting a raw pair and doing a comprehensive wash or soak to get it all out up front. does this make sense, and if so how would you go about this?

and what size would you recommend?

Edited by ameritech

11 minutes ago, ameritech said:

first time warehouse buyer and first time superfuture poster looking for sizing and washing advice regarding lot 800.

i typically wear size 29 or 30 but am unsure what to expect the waist, front rise and inseam measurements to be after all shrinkage is out for sizes 28-31.

for reference i have a size 28 pair of lvc 33501 (one hot soak) that fits my waist well with a 14.5-14.75 inch waist, front rise just a hair short of 11.5 inches. also have a size 30 pair of 90s lees that fit well with a 14.5 inch waist and a 10.5 inch rise. respectively their inseams measure 32.5 and 31.5 inches; i wish they were both somewhere between a half inch and inch longer.

i don't have much of a backside, so i like having to stretch out the waistband and keeping things tight up top. at the same time i prefer my jeans higher and want to account for the increase in rise measurement between tag sizes. 

correct me if i'm wrong, but after reading through the thread i'm troubled that WH jeans continue to shrink after their in-house one wash treatment. i'd rather not double wash the jeans before wearing them in, so i'm thinking about getting a raw pair and doing a comprehensive wash or soak to get it all out up front. does this make sense, and if so how would you go about this?

and what size would you recommend?

I don't own any 800's, but do have a pair of 1003xx, one wash. They were obviously commercially washed and dried, very contracted and crinkly, I really doubt that they would shrink further. Hope this helps.

Get a size 29. The only further permanent shrinkage you’re likely to get from a one-wash pair is in the inseam (1” or so), this will also be the case if you buy a raw pair and wash them yourself before wearing.