Warehouse

Medine

hey guys. i'm interested in seeing if there is a Warehouse model that works for me. Really having trouble finding a measurements guide - anyone have a link? i've been through the thread (not all of it but as much as i can go through!). in terms of other denim - FC 1110,1108 or FH 3002 work well in terms of measurements - so trying to find Warehouse jeans that fit similar to those. i tried on Warehouse 900 but from measurements i could find the thigh and rise may be a bit small for my needs

Edited by jsky808080

13 minutes ago, jsky808080 said:

Yes it's in Japanese. You can open that site in the Google Chrome browser, and it offers an option to automatically translate into English. This will get you a good enough translation that you can use for measurements.

1 hour ago, JDelage said:

Yes it's in Japanese. You can open that site in the Google Chrome browser, and it offers an option to automatically translate into English. This will get you a good enough translation that you can use for measurements.

ahhh great idea- going to try that now! i'm a 34 waist - is there a standard waist size to buy across the range (e.g. size down 1)

Edited by jsky808080

This type of question, perhaps even this exact question will have been asked numerous types on this thread. I know it’s long but it contains good information and is worth a read. I find it’s often useful to do the research first and  answer your own questions. Perhaps that’s not everyone’s cup of tea.

2 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

This type of question, perhaps even this exact question will have been asked numerous types on this thread. I know it’s long but it contains good information and is worth a read. I find it’s often useful to do the research first and  answer your own questions. Perhaps that’s not everyone’s cup of tea.

i get that. this thread is 263 pages, though. thats would take me a long time. you could argue that most of the questions that can be asked about jeans have been asked, and answered repeatedly in this forum. i mean - what else can there be to say about warehouse but the odd update. to follow your thinking - the forum should ban all questions that questions and simply be used for insightful updates (e.g. warehouse changing fits)  - because i would guess 95% plus of the questions or posts are just repetitive and unoriginal.

Edited by jsky808080

Lazy people don't deserve good jeans.

Honestly, though, just buy the 900s. They'll fit you fine and they fade really fast into something you'll be happy with.

People worry too much about fit. 

17 hours ago, zwer said:

Lazy people don't deserve good jeans.

Honestly, though, just buy the 900s. They'll fit you fine and they fade really fast into something you'll be happy with.

People worry too much about fit. 

fair enough re lazy people. i actually tried on the 900s in-store in the one wash - was just thinking thighs may be quite tight and wasnt sure if the rise would work. maybe i'll go try them on again.

i am definatly someone that worry's too much about fit. i've been buying raw denim for a long time - and i dont think i have ever really nailed the fit. guess thats why i'm asking so many questions. i'm gonna try and get through the thread or at least a good part of it - not sure if i'll be able to acommplish that - and i also wanted to try FC and perhaps FH - so thats potenially 1500 pages + of reading. cant help but think i'm better off reading a novel, although i wont have as well fitting jeans if i go that route.

2 hours ago, jsky808080 said:

fair enough re lazy people. i actually tried on the 900s in-store in the one wash - was just thinking thighs may be quite tight and wasnt sure if the rise would work. maybe i'll go try them on again.

i am definatly someone that worry's too much about fit. i've been buying raw denim for a long time - and i dont think i have ever really nailed the fit. guess thats why i'm asking so many questions. i'm gonna try and get through the thread or at least a good part of it - not sure if i'll be able to acommplish that - and i also wanted to try FC and perhaps FH - so thats potenially 1500 pages + of reading. cant help but think i'm better off reading a novel, although i wont have as well fitting jeans if i go that route.

Use the search function to filter content. Try "measurements 800" and you'll find measurements for multiple sizes of the Warehouse 800. Repeat for brand and model number in multiple threads. You'll be done reading in no time!

13 hours ago, Josh'N'Roll said:

Use the search function to filter content. Try "measurements 800" and you'll find measurements for multiple sizes of the Warehouse 800. Repeat for brand and model number in multiple threads. You'll be done reading in no time!

i managed to find the measurements from warehouse in japenese as one of the guys suggested. maybe i'll just go try em on now and decide..otherwise i'll be researching for weeks at the expense of getting work done or having a life. thanks for your suggestion i'll use it to look at fits on others

If I understood this right, you have the opportunity to try the jeans on in person in a shop which is specialized in those jeans? The majority of us doesn't have this chance and is probably jealous :D  
We can only give you hints or tips what could work based on your measurements but this will always be vague. Nothing beats trying on the jeans in person and be advised by the shop staff who will actually see you and how the jeans fit you. So yeah, your best solution is really to visit the shop again (Son of a Stag?!) and see what fits best. And if possible, get a one-wash version to get rid off the guessing work with shrinkage and so.

At my advanced age I've learned to care about two things: leg length and hem width. Everything else is totally variable. Jeans too tight? Lose weight. Jeans too loose, tighten your belt. Thighs too tight? See how they stretch out after a few weeks wear (not a few hours) and either sell them or lay off the squats. Rise too low? Lose weight...

It goes on and on.

In terms of Warehouse 900s, it relates like this: I'm a big guy. If I went by measurements alone I never would have bought these jeans. But, as long as I stay under a certain weight, they're amazing. I go above that weight? They're too tight, the rise is too low and the thighs feel like they're bursting.

They're worth the work. 

39 minutes ago, zwer said:

At my advanced age I've learned to care about two things: leg length and hem width. Everything else is totally variable. Jeans too tight? Lose weight. Jeans too loose, tighten your belt. Thighs too tight? See how they stretch out after a few weeks wear (not a few hours) and either sell them or lay off the squats. Rise too low? Lose weight...

It goes on and on.

In terms of Warehouse 900s, it relates like this: I'm a big guy. If I went by measurements alone I never would have bought these jeans. But, as long as I stay under a certain weight, they're amazing. I go above that weight? They're too tight, the rise is too low and the thighs feel like they're bursting.

They're worth the work. 

Preach Brother!!!

I mean... It isnt THAT scary to order off of the internet. Stores have return policies for a reason! Get out there an explore!

-Place Order (with no hemming)
-Pace back and forth around the house for several days to several weeks until said order arrives
-Rip open box
-Try on jeans
-Do the jeans fit?   <if yes, have them hemmed and wear em proud> < if no, return to sender and try again<

in the end it comes down to domestic retailers vs. overseas retailers:

• cheaper retail prices, cryptic measurement charts, extra shipping costs, hidden customs costs and taxes, no return policy or additional shipping costs
  • higher retail prices (including import, customs and taxes), lower shipping costs, return policies...

for the more exotic brands or models overseas retailers are often the only solution.

On 11/6/2018 at 9:14 AM, Maynard Friedman said:

So you typed all this instead of typing a simple “yes” or “no” to the man’s question on sizing?

I don’t understand that impulse.

Why not be supportive & cooperative? 

Isn’t it completely possible that as time passes and more people have worn these articles of clothing that early reports on sizing might be found to not represent the majority?

Inclusion...try it on for size ;-)

Edited by Pedro

I typed all that to be both supportive and co-operative Pedro, rather than a simple “Yes” or “No”, which would be neither. 

I’m not sure why you feel the urge to wade in (x3) but that’s your prerogative.

Edited by Maynard Friedman