Warehouse

Medine

Montgomery Ward jeans?   :(

Was hoping those were a 30s Lee in the case when I saw these photos on Instragram.  But can see now that's not the case.  

Edited by setterman

afaik, warehouse has produced star-stitch jeans 3 times:

with free&easy in 2005

with rugged museum in 2007

with beams (individual order only) in 2012

but this time, complete repro of montgomery.

i actually never seen the vintage montgomery with star stitch, so it should be pretty rare.

just quick googled and found only 1 match:

http://smileben.jugem.jp/?eid=686&target=comment

According to BiG, the denim used in the Montgomery Ward jeans with be a LHT version or the 1000XX denim.  That sounds interesting, and would love to see that denim used in a cut like the 800 or 1000XX.  

The cinch on the MW jeans doesn't look long enough to be of any use.   :wacko:  

According to BiG, the denim used in the Montgomery Ward jeans with be a LHT version or the 1000XX denim.  That sounds interesting, and would love to see that denim used in a cut like the 800 or 1000XX.  

The cinch on the MW jeans doesn't look long enough to be of any use.   :wacko:  

LOL saw that and thought i was seeing things

Edited by garden gnomes in space

Yeah I'm not complaining at all! Didn't mean for it to come off like that.

I'm just waiting for some full detail shots and info to drop. 

Like aho said, it's Warehouse. They can't do anything wrong really.

There's a reason they've been around for 20 years now! And that star looks very easily removable.  :P

Not aimed at anyone, I'm just being a WH fanboy as usual  :D but really, I think it's awesome that they're willing to dig into their archives to pull out random models that no one has ever seen or thought of repro'ing and it goes to show how WH is always pushing their boundaries and limits and trying something new!

Agreed fully!
Hell, I had to do some searching to find anything on Montgomery Ward jeans at all honestly.

Even that didn't turn up with much. I'm looking forward to the full breakdown, and it looks like there's a non-cinch model too which is more my speed.

I'm surprised by the negative reaction to these jeans, though we're all entitled to our opinions. I'm personally glad to see them pay homage to some lesser-known jeans. 

It's two things..... They're not what people here have been waiting for this year, and most of the guys in this thread are looking for classic post war style jeans.  They aren't the going for the depression era farmer look.

I'm sure the MW jeans are great, just not something I'd have any interest in wearing.  And if they're going to do something 30s, I'd much rather see them make the best late 30s 501 copy they can with their 1001 denim, or a hair on hide, buckle back Lee 101B.   

Edited by setterman

It's two things..... They're not what people here have been waiting for this year, and most of the guys in this thread are looking for classic post war style jeans.  They aren't the going for the depression era farmer look.

I'm sure the MW jeans are great, just not something I'd have any interest in wearing.  And if they're going to do something 30s, I'd much rather see them make the best late 30s 501 copy they can with their 1001 denim, or a hair on hide, buckle back Lee 101B.   

I suppose that's the problem with expectations; they're never met!  ;)

And if they're going to do something 30s, I'd much rather see them make the best late 30s 501 copy they can with their 1001 denim, or a hair on hide, buckle back Lee 101B.   

It hurts so much reading this, having had my pair of 700 and 1936 WH Lee HoH BB 101B's stolen not too long ago. There remains a void in the late 30's era of my jeans, that these MW's just won't fill.

15701869239_49b8933f04_z_d.jpg

15701868879_b3455b22e7_z_d.jpg