Warehouse

Medine

I guess my yearning for warehouse will have to wait then! Any other stores besides Unionmade and selfedge that should be visited?

AB Fits in North Beach is great.  Howard is a great guy to talk to.  Like you said, Self Edge is always worth a trip.  There is Industrie Denim in Union Square but it is a huge let down unless you like RRL stuff.  The Levi's store is huge, but 90% of it is garbage Levi's.  The basement area is where the LVC stuff lives.  There's a store on Hayes that sells Kapital, but I forget what their name is.  Taylor Stitch on Valencia is ok also, not so much for the denim which i find boring, but their shirts are nice.  

I guess my yearning for warehouse will have to wait then! Any other stores besides Unionmade and selfedge that should be visited?

Completely off topic but:

The burger joint called "Super Duper" should be visited. Well, if you like burgers. They got free pickles.

Lot 415s arrived today from japan-holic. Ive not bought a pair of jeans for over 18 months so it was good to give them a soak, a damp try on and then the pondering of whether they will stretch out enough again to fit. Great denim but then you knew that already. 

unfortunately I won't be bidding on these as I'm lacking the funds (all in my size too which hurts), but thought I'd at least blow the spot for those interested

http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c408692335

http://page19.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/x295490153

http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c408692313

some really great pairs available lately including a mint 10th anniversary 1003XX with box and book, but the above 3 won't break the bank

Lot 415s arrived today from japan-holic. Ive not bought a pair of jeans for over 18 months so it was good to give them a soak, a damp try on and then the pondering of whether they will stretch out enough again to fit. Great denim but then you knew that already. 

opinions?  I have a pair of these and I think Maynard does also.  I like them very much, the fit is nice and relaxed but not sloppy.  

I was going to wait a few months to post these, but whatever. More pictures to come when I'm done sorting through today's shots (apologies for the lens flare). 1001XX from 2006 according to aho.

9214882252_378d05e442_o.jpg

9214881622_42d93a6870_o.jpg

9212105163_40ac8868e1_o.jpg

9212109263_b022d291ed_o.jpg

Edited by jstavrin

opinions?  I have a pair of these and I think Maynard does also.  I like them very much, the fit is nice and relaxed but not sloppy.  

After a couple of days wear they have stretched out to be a really good regular fit. The inseam shrunk nicely so that I don't need them hemming. I don't think I have all of the shrinkage out just yet but will probably baby these for a while in terms of soaking and washing.

The only small issues are that the rise could be a bit higher but then that's more to do with my personal taste than the jeans themselves. Secondly, the cinch gets in the way of the belt when looping it through. They were slightly nut hugging at first but have settled down a bit now after some wear. If I can get round to it, I will post fit pics. In short, for £120 quid shipped for a pair of Warehouse, I could not go wrong.

Beautiful jeans jstavrin, did you wear them in from raw? Also, how did you come across them?

Gnomes/Big Truck - I do have a pair of those 415s squirrelled away, couldn't resist the bargain either. I only have 2 minor gripes:

1. The inner seam running from the crotch to the fly is not properly felled - a feature often found on 1944 repros

2. The inside of the fly is finished sloppily, there may even be a section that isn't overlooked, I'll have to check.

I bought some 1000XXs from Caliroots a couple of years ago, which had the same issues and sent them back. For the price of these, I don't mind.

the finishing on mine is sloppy also.  Stray thread everywhere.  But at $190, I could not really care less.  I like the denim, its got an interesting blue, lighter than all my other denims.  And they fit great.  Ill probably give them one more hot wash and maybe a tumble dry, and then debate if I will get them hemmed.  Im at the point where I no longer want to double cuff for a clean hem break.  

Beautiful jeans jstavrin, did you wear them in from raw? Also, how did you come across them?

Thanks! I did not wear them raw, no. I bought them from another member on the board (Surrealizm) and he had washed them once. There was no fading, however. 

I'd be interested to see the stray threading etc. on the 415's as I was going to pick up a pair eventually if they ever get restocked.

jstarvin, I didn't mention it, but you know i'm salivating over your 1001XX haha

Edited by aho

Great pickup on the 15ths, they're my favorite pair by WH! If it was a size 32 I'd try to buy it off you...;)

The denim is 7x7 single crop Memphis cotton, made specifically for their 15th anniversary to replicate the nep and "permeable" blueness of post war denim and isn't treated with WH's "Oxidation" process like the 1000XX denim. Also distinctive is the return of the original longhorn patch (circa 1996-1998ish) and arcs (first time since the Levi's debacle) as well as the clean construction with the thin threading. I always liked to think of it as WH showing off and saying "look at what we can do!"...

BTW, also saw that you made it out to the FH store as well! Good to see they're level of service is still on par and great pickups with those tees!

I always liked to think of it as WH showing off and saying "look at what we can do!"...

It definitely feels that way. I can honestly say that there are very few jeans out there where I've picked them up and thought "I have to have these" but with the 15th 1001XX, it was absolutely the case. The whole package is superlative. Thanks for dropping great info as always too.