Warehouse

Medine

So I picked up the 1100's as I mentioned before...With the dropping yen, and me not having a 66 repro since my SC's shrank too much for me to fit in them, I figured it was a good time. Sure glad I did, this is one of my favorite WH pairs (and one of my favorite fitting) and the denim feels just right. It's definitely a lighter, flatter grey than the usual 1000XX denim and especially the new 1001XX ("1930's denim banner"); but different from the 15th anniversary and feels just right for a 60's pair. I'm not sure how to describe it, but warehouse denim always has a distinct feel and appearance thats very "warehouse-y", and this 7x7 texas cotton fits the bill. One thing that surprised most is that it doesn't shrink as much as other WH fabrics and I haven't seen as much roping either. And due to the lighter dye, it seemingly crocks easier as well. I was definitely surprised when I took them out of the washing machine; they were crinkled and faded in many spots more so than any other pair i've seen (you'll see in the pictures), so if you're picky about things like this, avoid spin cycle or soak them yourself! Regarding the fit, it's a very clean silhouette and the rise is higher than I'm used to; even the new 1001xx feels like a shorter rise but that's not a bad thing.

Measurements:

Pre-soak -> Post soak (BiG)

waist: 42.5cm -->15.5in

front rise: 12.25in -->12in

back rise: 15.25in -->14.25in

thigh: 12.5in --->12in

knee: 9.75in --->9.25in

inseam: 31.5in --->29.5in

leg opening: 8.75in --->8.5in

Raw pics:

8562633343_56fab13bf8_z.jpg

8563740658_a76a93a22b_z.jpg

8562634991_6eac7c318e_z.jpg

8563742082_900c629fd2_z.jpg

8563742736_5c03ae4126_z.jpg

8562636445_f0e7d21095_z.jpg

8563744000_8c555d9952_z.jpg

nice crinkled look on those. im definitely looking forward to see more pictures down the road with a fully worn in pair. always liked the japanese crinkle fades although i cant say that everybody likes those.

the fit looks great on you as well. i might have missed out on your earlier post but did you purchase these directly off warehouse?

thanks for the pics Aho; it will be interesting to see the denim next to some other WH denim.

Crinkling reminds me of my pair of one wash Duck Diggers. Pretty sure these will yield some amazing fades within short time.

would you say the measurements of the leg opening are consistent with 66 repro's. I would have imagined them to be slimmer.

The 6601XX seems to have somewhat slimmer measurements; i'm a sucker for the arcs of that model as well.

Are there any other major differences between 1100 and 6601XX besides the synthetic dye? Do they use the same denim for example?

thanks for the pics Aho; it will be interesting to see the denim next to some other WH denim.

Crinkling reminds me of my pair of one wash Duck Diggers. Pretty sure these will yield some amazing fades within short time.

would you say the measurements of the leg opening are consistent with 66 repro's. I would have imagined them to be slimmer.

The 6601XX seems to have somewhat slimmer measurements; i'm a sucker for the arcs of that model as well.

Are there any other major differences between 1100 and 6601XX besides the synthetic dye? Do they use the same denim for example?

I've got both in the same size, both have been machine washed, and I think that the 1100's are slimmer for me through the top block to the knee. The 1100's had a larger leg opening at 8.75 against 8.5 for the 6601XX, so I got mine tapered.

The 1100's feel like a tighter stiffer denim than the others.

Shitty photo below. It's the best I could do with it being nighttime over here. 1100's on the right.

photomar17202150.jpg

nice crinkled look on those. im definitely looking forward to see more pictures down the road with a fully worn in pair. always liked the japanese crinkle fades although i cant say that everybody likes those.

the fit looks great on you as well. i might have missed out on your earlier post but did you purchase these directly off warehouse?

Sorry for the neg, fat fingers!

Very nice pair and fit Aho, too bad about the fadings that happened during the wash, but i'm sure with time and wear all will become unnoticeable.

Seems like you either have a pretty aggressive machine or this particular dye is more prone to fade with agitation, i'm blessed to never had this happen to me.

Great fit aho. Mine fit a bit looser, I think, but they've only been through a hot soak. Thanks for the tip about the wash results-- I was looking forward to getting more shrink out of mine, but your tip gives me something to consider when the time comes. (I'll probably wash them anyway). I sized up 1 on mine. You?

b_F and groove, it's a size 33, sized up one from my usual 32 in most warehouse jeans. the taper isn't as strong as i'd expect on a 60's repro. the denim on the 6601xx is different; 1100 is non-synthetic indigo, 7x7 threads, Texas cotton and has thus far only been used on the 1100!

^To be honest I've never been 100% sure on that distinction...It might be due to something being lost in translation, or perhaps Paul T can step in and school us on uses of the term ("natural" varieties, pure/genuine indigo vs. synthetic, etc?)...

As far as the 1001XX, I was thinking they were going to tweak it yet again this year but based on that recent post I think that's going to be the new direction of the 1001 (the 2012 model). They dropped the rise slightly, gave it "shoulders" and curved the legs slightly. They also changed the sewing and the hidden rivets are imprinted.

Edited by aho

Yes, they are willing to ship overseas-- you have to fill out a form and then they'll contact you. I tried to locate a sweatshirt I wanted in my size and they emailed me a few days later with the bad news. (However, it showed up on the Hickorees website a few days later so it all worked out.)

Aho, amazing compare pics. Your collection is bangin'.

yeah they do but they adhere strictly to the no-arcs and tab policy (although not applicable to the 1100).

Aho; great comparison pictures! I'm a bit amazed to see the 660 also started out quite light (although not as much as the 15th 1001xx)

I'm still undecided; so the denim for the 1100 is only used for this specific model; any idea if the denim used for the 6601XX has seen some predecessors? On Hinoya they mention the 6601XX is in fact the successor of the 660. Could it be the same denim?

edit; 6601XX is 100% synthetic rope dyed or thats at least what google translate is trying to tell me. The rise is also significantly lower than the 1100

Edited by SLAB

Warehouse online shop sells overseas ;)

(at least that's what they told me 2 years ago)

Yes, they do - get ready to pay customs and taxes, though.