Warehouse

Medine

Am I the only one who just can't get into any Lee or Wrangler designs (past or present)?

Can't put my finger on it with Lee. Wrangler goes way too cowboy for my tastes, I know that's the issue there. Not trying to flame anyone doing those repros just sort of curious if I'm the only one. For me it's like Levi's designs or, if not, something totally different. 

they're too cowboy for my city life as well but I wouldn't mind getting a good pair of deadstock wrangler or a good repro one day. 

imgcdn_php.jpeg.9113e6563f8a7ceb68da8b79ddeaca66.jpeg

Edited by pomata

1 hour ago, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

Am I the only one who just can't get into any Lee or Wrangler designs (past or present)?

Can't put my finger on it with Lee. Wrangler goes way too cowboy for my tastes, I know that's the issue there. Not trying to flame anyone doing those repros just sort of curious if I'm the only one. For me it's like Levi's designs or, if not, something totally different. 

I'm with you on this, personally, for the most part. I don't hate western wear (I wore cowboy boots almost exclusively for a decade haha), but I also don't want my personal style to be thoroughly "cowboy" ya know....So Wrangler, Lee, much of Mister Freedom are off the table unless I'm wearing them with untucked shirt covering much of the top block/back pocket patch etc (I have some Wranglers I do this with)....I do like the Warehouse cowboy jean and jacket because they're not too much in that way, but I probably wouldn't buy them. Same for TCB's version and Fullcount's.

36 minutes ago, pomata said:

they're too cowboy for my city life as well but I wouldn't mind getting a good pair of deadstock wrangler or a good repro one day. 

imgcdn_php.jpeg.9113e6563f8a7ceb68da8b79ddeaca66.jpeg

Fair point this picture makes - a well faded pair of whatever jean is probably cooler to most of us than a brand new pair with our perfect criteria haha

1 hour ago, bootsofmannishleather said:

Is there a jean that's pretty much like a Warehouse 1001xx but uses poly thread instead of 100% cotton thread? I'm thinking it would be nice to have the same fit with stitching that lasts longer.

LVC

or try Freewheelers or TCB - which have cotton thread, but still last a lot longer. 

Has anyone else found Warehouse jeans to continue to shrink in length with washing for longer than other brands’ jeans? I made the rookie error of having my 1001xx pair shortened before they had finished shrinking. They must have had four or five 40C washes at that point though. My other jeans (Freewheelers, Sugar Cane) were pretty much finished shrinking after one or two washes. My 1001 are still wearable, but I think I’ll need to wash them cold for the rest of their lives.

Edited by tjsma

I’m going just by impression and not measurements but my 1003xx - which came one wash - seem as if they’ve shrunk close to as much as a true raw pair would have over 4-5 washes. Length but also knees, thighs etc. Waist never a problem but they’ve gone from a pretty true straight to a slim straight basically. 

I haven't found my Warehouse jeans' stitching to be less durable than similar brands using cotton thread (Flat Head, Full Count, Samurai, etc.) Also, my 800xx and 1001xx, both the Self Edge one wash version, haven't shrunk in length or other dimensions after washing, thank goodness. 

On 5/25/2023 at 12:40 AM, tjsma said:

Has anyone else found Warehouse jeans to continue to shrink in length with washing for longer than other brands’ jeans? I made the rookie error of having my 1001xx pair shortened before they had finished shrinking. They must have had four or five 40C washes at that point though. My other jeans (Freewheelers, Sugar Cane) were pretty much finished shrinking after one or two washes. My 1001 are still wearable, but I think I’ll need to wash them cold for the rest of their lives.

Mine shrunk more in length after some washes, but only like 1/2". I think with unsanforized, you really have to cold wash only if you want absolutely zero shrinkage.

• 1 month later...

SUFUers I have a dumb question:

is this pair of Warehouse 800xx the same pair that Self Edge was selling with the only difference being the red tab and that its non wash?

https://www.ware-house.co.jp/?pid=132358497

Asking because I want another pair but can’t seem to find anywhere else that has one in stock.

Same jeans aside from the inseam length and the details you noted. The Self Edge version of the 800 was special ordered and had a longer inseam, roughly 34” post-wash. The 800 currently for sale on the Warehouse website has a raw inseam measurement of 33.8”. That will shrink to around 31” after washing/soaking. 

Sorry, I'm sure this has been answered before but...is there any advantage to getting regular Warehouse vs Duck Digger? I have a pair of 1001xx, and was considering the Duck Digger 1001xx. Besides the back pocket stitching, I don't know what else is different! 

Just based on my observation rather than any explicit explanation from Warehouse so feel free to correct me:

It depends on which 1001xx you're thinking of, but DD is generally reserved for reproduction of very specific historic models. DD is always washed and comes with a distressed patch. DDs are more likely to incorporate period specific imperfections like makeshift pocket bag fabrics. DD gives more the impression of discovering a vintage model stashed in your grandfather's trunk, whereas DSB jeans are meant to feel as if you bought the jeans new when they were produced.

There are many variations in 1001xx that are not tied to DD vs DSB though, and they don't often release a DD and DSB of the exact same model.