Warehouse

Medine

On 3/2/2023 at 11:18 AM, Dr_Heech said:

Thanks Martin, some nice ones in there, although l'm a little confused by the 401, 403 and 467 lot numbers.  Is that to do with weight? Still double V rather than single or no V. Hey l'm in no rush, probably won't get much wear until October time anyway.

Just wanted to jump in and point out that the lot numbers are each cut with notably different sleeve/shoulder patterns. I just got a 401 and discovered that it's cut & sewn to fall off the shoulder quite a bit. It makes for a more relaxed, less fitted look than my buzz rickson's, which has narrower, set-in sleeve pattern . The warehouse "freedom sleeve" models look to have more of a hybrid set-in + raglan thing going on that gives a more fitted looking shoulder. 

15 hours ago, MileHighEvertonian said:

Just wanted to jump in and point out that the lot numbers are each cut with notably different sleeve/shoulder patterns. I just got a 401 and discovered that it's cut & sewn to fall off the shoulder quite a bit. It makes for a more relaxed, less fitted look than my buzz rickson's, which has narrower, set-in sleeve pattern . The warehouse "freedom sleeve" models look to have more of a hybrid set-in + raglan thing going on that gives a more fitted looking shoulder. 

Thanks for the response anyway and yes that's my understanding of the 401 model and as you say, on one or two of the other models, the freedom-sleeve (and diff. cuffs) seem hybrid-like.

The 483 'plain rivers' (no V's) looks good and a bit (?) heavyweight but unsure if it's loopwheeled/reverse weave or not. They have a black and a green in this model and the measurements work out well with current wearers.

I haven't delved into anything with a double V as l'm a bit over it recently tbh. l have 3 cushmans (double V's) and 2 og buzz ricksons (single V).  Too many peeps saying that my jumper is on back to front, then when they see the front of it they give a 'wtf?' face :laugh:  Would like a WH single V but no luck yet. Am going to London soon and will have a chat with the staff at Son of a stag and see how that turns out. They have some models (?) that at least l can try on, then I'll take it from there. Won't be buying at their prices tho.

I think the 403 is similar to the 401 apart from the shoulder seams are more fitted and the 404 is the regular freedom sleeve model. Both are double V style so although nice, are going on the back burner for now. Hey l'm in no rush but further investigation may be required.

Thanks! No, these are the DSB denim. I’d still really like to try the banner denim, but I’m not sure if I’ll ever get around to it—between the shallow / flimsy pocket bags and the generally short inseams, I don’t think Warehouse is the brand for me.

@julian-wolf have these been machine dried? They look great. 
I’m with you though - maybe for slightly different reasons -  I love my current pair but they’re just not holding up all that well for what they’ve been through. I might invest in one good significant repair (or give it a go myself), but not sure how much time that will buy me. 

Edited by AlientoyWorkmachine

@AlientoyWorkmachine Never machine dried, no. I think they’d lose too much in the length. The whole reason I ended up with this pair in particular is that they were some or other special edition that measured around 1” longer than standard, which put them right in my sweet spot.

I’m used to needing to patch pocket bags and crotches, so that hasn’t been too much of an annoyance for me. The constructional thread on these is weaker than on almost any of my other jeans, which is sort of a bummer…but also re-stitching over a seam is about the easiest category of repair, overall, so it’s hard to complain too much about that either.

Overall, really great jeans in almost every way—just not perfect for me personally.

Edited by julian-wolf

Can anyone share their experience ordering directly from Warehouse with oversea shipping?

Or can you recommend any Japanese shops with a large assortment of sweatshirts and t-shirts?

I usually buy from the European (and UK) stockists, but I’ve already missed out on a couple of pieces that I really wanted. So now I’m considering a bigger combined order directly from Warehouse 

45 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

@AlientoyWorkmachine Never machine died, no. I think they’d lose too much in the length. The whole reason I ended up with this pair in particular is that they were some or other special edition that measured around 1” longer than standard, which put them right in my sweet spot.

I’m used to needing to patch pocket bags and crotches, so that hasn’t been too much of an annoyance for me. The constructional thread on these is weaker than on almost any of my other jeans, which is sort of a bummer…but also re-stitching over a seam is about the easiest category of repair, overall, so it’s hard to complain too much about that either.

Overall, really great jeans in almost every way—just not perfect for me personally.

Yep I'm used to restitching too, and I don't tend to mind it, but the consistency of it and the amount of places threads bust with the wear I've had has been the bummer. I think it's the constructional thread which feels like the main thing to me. It is easy enough to fix in most places it's true but not everywhere. Maybe I got a bad pair - I think I'd probably have them on the list to buy again if I weren't already stitching minor repairs into them a month or two into owning and about just as often since. I like the denim itself quite a bit, but there are still too many other options I haven't tried...

27 minutes ago, simontuntelder said:

Can anyone share their experience ordering directly from Warehouse with oversea shipping?

Or can you recommend any Japanese shops with a large assortment of sweatshirts and t-shirts?

I usually buy from the European (and UK) stockists, but I’ve already missed out on a couple of pieces that I really wanted. So now I’m considering a bigger combined order directly from Warehouse 

Ordering directly from Warehouse is simple, just fill out the form and they will send you a PayPal invoice. It seems like a lot of stuff is sold out by the time it’s up on their web shop, though. Take-off, Celluloid, Bears, and Hinoya (and probably quite a few more) all ship overseas and are easy to order from, and usually will ship faster than Warehouse too.

7 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

Thanks! No, these are the DSB denim. I’d still really like to try the banner denim, but I’m not sure if I’ll ever get around to it—between the shallow / flimsy pocket bags and the generally short inseams, I don’t think Warehouse is the brand for me.

Fair point, I wish my pockets were deeper too, and it's not the sturdiest twill I've ever handled (hi, 3Sixteen.) Inseams are a deal breaker for me since I'm real tall, but I picked up the Self Edge run of 800xx and 1001xx with a 34" inseam post-wash, length on these is just right for me.

On 3/15/2023 at 11:12 PM, Jeef1 said:

Ordering directly from Warehouse is simple, just fill out the form and they will send you a PayPal invoice. It seems like a lot of stuff is sold out by the time it’s up on their web shop, though. Take-off, Celluloid, Bears, and Hinoya (and probably quite a few more) all ship overseas and are easy to order from, and usually will ship faster than Warehouse too.

Excellent - thanks for the wonderful recommendations. Will definitely check them out

10 hours ago, tjsma said:

@julian-wolf, how would you compare the build quality of your 1001xx to the 601xx that you posted in the Freewheelers thread?

That sort of comparison is almost never straightforward

…but in this case it really is. On build quality, the 601xx win hands down