Warehouse

Medine

@unders - for a while now I've wanted to wear a repro pair as they may have been worn back in the day; purely speculative, but I doubt people in the 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's obsessed over their wear/wash routine as I have with every other pair I've worn over the past ~15 years. So I threw caution to the wind and am quite happy with the results to date. I was also thinking that maybe this type of wash routine (ie: no routine) is what Warehouse had in mind with the development of the DSB denim (again, speculation). By the way, I took a lot of inspiration from other guys on this forum and their routines and I've also just become less enthused by my higher-contrast jeans, esp repros, so figured why not wash and see what happens - what's the worst that can happen?

@shredwin_206 - Rain at Indigo Proof is awesome. If I had more patience I would have waited for her to open up her repair applications, but I'm super happy with the service provided by Denim Therapy... I had my jeans back within 10 days of shipping them out and I think the price was quite fair. Will definitely use them again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2023 at 1:40 PM, Cold Summer said:

Looks great. I agree, 800 is the best cut I've ever worn. I don't think any FH pair really fits similarly, though the 3009 isn't too far off. In Samurai, maybe S710, sized up one from your 800 size.

710 is a bit slimmer in the the thigh and notably lower waist, but they do look amazing when sized correctly. I'm debating going all in, all-day everyday on my 800s after I sufficiently fade my current Resolute daily driver.

On 1/22/2023 at 4:40 PM, Cold Summer said:

Looks great. I agree, 800 is the best cut I've ever worn. I don't think any FH pair really fits similarly, though the 3009 isn't too far off. In Samurai, maybe S710, sized up one from your 800 size.

Anyone reckon we could get this guy to post up his 800s this year? I've had a sneak peek... they're a sight to behold

• 3 weeks later...

I really like the 800 cut and the graininess of the 14.5oz XX-denim Warehouse uses but I have serious doubts whether I can make the waist work.

If my best fitting pair has a 34" waist, would the size 34 stretch that much? Every shop I see that carries these says to size up 1 or 2 sizes and I can't find a size 36 anywhere (also worries the slimmer fit in the legs would be offset too much in a size 36 on me).

Edited by YossarianRaw

24 minutes ago, YossarianRaw said:

I really like the 800 cut and the graininess of the 14.5oz XX-denim Warehouse uses but I have serious doubts whether I can make the waist work.

If my best fitting pair has a 34" waist, would the size 34 stretch that much? Every shop I see that carries these says to size up 1 or 2 sizes and I can't find a size 36 anywhere (also worries the slimmer fit in the legs would be offset too much in a size 36 on me).

I typically wear a 34 as well but got a 36 in the 800. 

While they are nice, the legs are pretty wide on the 800 in a 36. They are honestly barely different than my 1001 in a size 36 when I wear them. 

The reservation time was last September, so you missed that. But BerBerJin seems to still take reservation if the info is still correct. The other shops already closed the reservation. 

I would keep an eye on JeansFactory to see if they also have stock after they fulfilled the pre-orders.

48 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

The reservation time was last September, so you missed that. But BerBerJin seems to still take reservation if the info is still correct. The other shops already closed the reservation. 

I would keep an eye on JeansFactory to see if they also have stock after they fulfilled the pre-orders.

any links?