Warehouse

Medine

Taking the time to reinforce a few seams so here are my DD 1003xx after a few washes. Probably 8-9 mos wear at this point. I like the jeans overall but just don’t love how fast seams are blowing and the flimsy/short pocket bags as well. I really need to learn darning bc the crotch fabric is gonna go next. These will be washed frequently now. Tied w Tender for my favorite cut. 

98EB52AC-E466-4F91-986F-662A1122F535.jpeg

F77E8F54-8A40-41A9-863F-A3F82B6FC084.jpeg

On 9/21/2022 at 4:05 PM, Duke Mantee said:

You can’t go far wrong with Warehouse denim - their jeans and jackets are excellent 

The Warehouse type 2 is sold out litteraly everywhere. 

I emailed the guys at Warehouse (on their website) and they said "no idea when it's gonna be in stock again".

So I pulled the trigger on the LVC type 2, as it is now heavily discounted (259 instead of 370), and as I know the LVC is the "regular boxy" cut. 

But I still want a Warehouse when it's available haha

Edited by DavidThoreau

my 1001XX, been wearing this jeans since 2019, I really like the raw fabrics at the beginning. 

However it started to feel lighter & drapey after few months. 

I always suspect it is the due to the heavy use of starch, because my previous experience with

Japanese fabrics is very different, they stay sturdy and stiff after many washes.

Since I am working with China denim industries and know that some denim mill accelerate the use of starch to make denim 

heavier in a cheaper way :))

I was quite disappointed with warehouse as it was not what I expected, but I still wear it quite often as I was living in HongKong and

the wider fit & lighter weight is perfect for the summer time..

After two years the beauty of the fabrics revealed.....that vintage

"spot" is just amazing. It feels light

Somehow HongKong is no longer a good place for my kids & I fled to Edinburgh and feel this jeans is too light to wear in winter lol

The first photo is closer to real color

PXL_20220929_150327503.thumb.jpg.4d122b774f198d85aa05d7dffef61074.jpg

PXL_20220929_150209925.thumb.jpg.133767e23e823fb9f24b8121e35f460e.jpgPXL_20220929_150256173.thumb.jpg.59a740db9272f3fd0e8322327740155d.jpgPXL_20220929_150115022.thumb.jpg.62835e3608eeb5d9d4ccca3bab555865.jpgPXL_20220929_150130806.thumb.jpg.2b0abc0af53db599b245d1d4ac1de5bb.jpg

Edited by kenko

I've got the DD1003xx (1946) - I wish it were a bit roomier - throughout the whole leg tbh. It's more of a straight but I'd hesitate to call it wide. The hem doesn't even scrape 8." Despite coming one wash it's shrunk a noticeable amount in the first few washes too. Still might be the best option though.

Via the masamifujiki instagram it looks like Warehouse is going for some 60s big E for SS23 and the 1101, 1105, and type 3 are returning to the line up. The 1101 and 1105 are great cuts for anyone looking for something more casual than the 1001 or 800. The denim looks like it might be new, but Warehouse has given us 3 new denims recently so I might just be hopeful for a 60s style denim from Warehouse. 

It’s an interesting time to do this since they’re releasing some very similar 60s stuff with Denime at the same time. 

howdy, I just bought this rad Warehouse shirt and don’t QUITE remember what the folks at SE said. It needs to shrink in length a few inches, but I’m worried that if I hot wash it, the stripes will bleed. Anyone have personal experience with this?

A2426047-A182-4B22-A490-81AAB9853CA3.jpeg

20 hours ago, cusswords said:

It’s an interesting time to do this since they’re releasing some very similar 60s stuff with Denime at the same time. 

I was thinking exactly the same. The denim and stitching are so similar, it looks like they just switched patches and the red tab

On 9/24/2022 at 9:15 AM, DavidThoreau said:

The Warehouse type 2 is sold out litteraly everywhere. 

I emailed the guys at Warehouse (on their website) and they said "no idea when it's gonna be in stock again".

So I pulled the trigger on the LVC type 2, as it is now heavily discounted (259 instead of 370), and as I know the LVC is the "regular boxy" cut. 

But I still want a Warehouse when it's available haha

Warehouse has some 2002XX jackets in the SS23 line up, so they will be available some time next year. This looks like a paper patch model, where the last 2002s were a leather patch 1953 more. 

Hi everyone, new here and I’m looking to maybe get my first pair of WH jeans. I am in doubt between a TCB 50s and a WH 1001xx heavy ounce: https://secondsunrise.se/products/warehouse-co-lot-1001xx-jeans-heavy-ounce?_pos=1&_sid=3a03e4d8e&_ss=r

I can’t seem to find this, but does anyone know what kind of sewing thread is used on these? I’m trying to avoid poly or polycotton so hoping it’s cotton. 

And fit wise, are these the same fit as the DD1001xx?

Personally, I prefer Warehouse's offerings to TCB's. All Warehouse models (to my knowledge) use cotton stitching. Fit shouldn't vary much too from the DD1001XX.
The Duck Digger series just has some different features depending on which year model it is (distressed patch, different arcs, pocket bags, buttons, etc.).

All warehouse use cotton stitching as far as I know. As someone who blows out the crotch in all my jeans I found the warehouse to only last two months before almost all the crotch stitching has disintegrated. Haha 

18 hours ago, mstax said:

Hi everyone, new here and I’m looking to maybe get my first pair of WH jeans. I am in doubt between a TCB 50s and a WH 1001xx heavy ounce: https://secondsunrise.se/products/warehouse-co-lot-1001xx-jeans-heavy-ounce?_pos=1&_sid=3a03e4d8e&_ss=r

I can’t seem to find this, but does anyone know what kind of sewing thread is used on these? I’m trying to avoid poly or polycotton so hoping it’s cotton. 

What's so bad about poly or polycotton thread that it's worth not buying jeans over?

5 hours ago, dawei94 said:

What's so bad about poly or polycotton thread that it's worth not buying jeans over?

Well, there are three reasons for me. One is that it would not be period accurate to use poly thread in anything repro before the 60’s. Two is that it’s more environmentally friendly and makes the garment better recyclable in the end. And third, I prefer the aging and breaking of cotton thread and needing to repair it sometimes. Just adds more character to a jean.

On a sizing note: I would need about an 18 inch waist after washing. Now the sizing advice and measurements plus expected shrinkage differ from different retailers. How much shrinkage can I expect from WH 1001xx models? Will they shrink more with multiple washes? I’m in doubt between a 38 and 36 size unwashed.

And does anyone have experience with their heavy ounce denim and how it compares to their standard 3 states denim?

Edited by mstax

1 hour ago, mstax said:

On a sizing note: I would need about an 18 inch waist after washing. Now the sizing advice and measurements plus expected shrinkage differ from different retailers. How much shrinkage can I expect from WH 1001xx models? Will they shrink more with multiple washes? I’m in doubt between a 38 and 36 size unwashed.

And does anyone have experience with their heavy ounce denim and how it compares to their standard 3 states denim?

In my experience, the WH 1001 continue to shrink even after many washings. Immediately after the first soak and the first wash it may seem that the fit is still too big, but after a year or two it may suddenly seem rather tight. Between WH and TCB I would pick former.

Edited by Talan

50 minutes ago, Talan said:

In my experience, the WH 1001 continue to shrink even after many washings. Immediately after the first soak and the first wash it may seem that the fit is still too big, but after a year or two it may suddenly seem rather tight. Between WH and TCB I would pick former.

Thanks! This steers me more to size 38. I’m also leaning more to WH than TCB. TCB has my sympathy vote but when looking at the actual denim and cuts, WH has more appeal I think.

2 hours ago, mstax said:

Thanks! This steers me more to size 38. I’m also leaning more to WH than TCB. TCB has my sympathy vote but when looking at the actual denim and cuts, WH has more appeal I think.

In no way do I want to confuse you, but you have to consider that the waist size stretches back when you wear it. 

16 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

^ why a sympathy vote?

This is based on absolutely nothing really, haha. But those guys seem very nice and open. Also because they communicate quite freely on social media and have frequent question and answer sessions. Ofcourse that doesn’t have anything to do with the fact that the people behind WH are nice or not, I totally realize that : )

13 minutes ago, Talan said:

In no way do I want to confuse you, but you have to consider that the waist size stretches back when you wear it. 

Yeah, I know. It’s just that I like my jeans to fit a little more loose so a 38 would be right in this case. I always think it only stretches where it has to.

On 10/8/2022 at 8:01 AM, mstax said:

Tcb 50ies is a slightly straighter cut with a little more leg opening than the WH  1001xx hd.The denim is 13,5 vs 14,5 oz ,but the Tcb is a fantastic fader.I hope the WH will this too.I love the denim of the WH ,perfect for me in thickness and not to soft. Otherwise i am not a fan of the lighter banner denim.