Warehouse

Medine

15 hours ago, shredwin_206 said:

@unders well I have my first pair of warehouse en route. Found a needle in a hay stack. A pair of the triple stitch cowboy pants in a 34 barely worn! 

Tidy! 

Are you wearing them for work? They’d look great properly trashed. 

5 hours ago, unders said:

Tidy! 

Are you wearing them for work? They’d look great properly trashed. 

After I finish off these FW 43s I’ll start the warehouse. 

Can anyone help me track down one of these in a bigger size??? I don't know Dubbleworks well at all, so no idea when it's from, but I need it in my life.

https://jp.mercari.com/item/m64298420431

m64298420431_2.thumb.jpg.1e0ccf9ff6b8eddf96fb1bedcaaea5d1.jpg

edit: Found this Warehouse blog post from 2016: https://warehouse-staff-blog.tumblr.com/post/144600434683/embed

Also found, in my searching, that this was proposed in the '70s by the then-governor of Wisconsin as the state's license plate slogan. Devastatingly, it was turned down by the search committee.

Would still appreciate any and all help tracking one down in an XL, any color…

Edited by julian-wolf

3 hours ago, goodrain said:

@Thanks_M8  thanks man! You just convinced me to pull the trigger on a pair of 33s from Grailed! Had a pair in 32 that I grew out of.

BTW who hemmed your pair or is that the factory hem?

thanks mate ;) they are great. 

about the hem: I don't know tbh. Got them like this from Yahoo auctions, they were lightly worn back then. lengthwise factory hem could be possible at 78cm.

24 minutes ago, Thanks_M8 said:

thanks mate ;) they are great. 

about the hem: I don't know tbh. Got them like this from Yahoo auctions, they were lightly worn back then. lengthwise factory hem could be possible at 78cm.

Right on! I am pretty sure they were hemmed in Japan. My 32s were hemmed by Hinoya and was narrow like yours. I haven't been able to find anyone who does a narrow hem like that in the States.

1 hour ago, julian-wolf said:

@scooby Those are looking great

Did you pick the stitching from the tab, or is it falling apart like that on its own?

Thanks Julian. Falling apart entirely on its own

It was beginning to fray but wasn’t noticeably this bad until after the last wash. I could make out the white text maybe two weeks ago… 

Found a pair of 800 C/L on Grailed after @Thanks_M8 posted his.

I had a one wash pair from Hinoya before but grew out of them after putting on some pounds.

Since I don't even wear jeans anymore, I'm probably going to leave them unsoaked and give to my son when he grows up!

PXL_20220603_211021003.jpg

PXL_20220603_210954694.jpg

I have two 800 pairs in size 34, one I've worn occasionally for a couple years and one still raw.  I was going to sell the raw pair, but have to say that there's something unique and really nice about the 800 denim -- soft but highly textured.  Seems different than other denims.  Can someone tell me more about its weight or other properties?

^  Sorry guys, not the cotton/linen 800, just the standard version from 2015.  Was just curious about the denim.  I think it's around 14 oz. but the texture is different than more recent Warehouse models.

Hi Jon, I think the 800s use the 1000xx denim, made from a Memphis cotton, which I understand is short staple and produces a slightly rough texture. I’ve seen this reported as both 14 and 14.5oz in weight so your guess is as good as mine.

Thanks Maynard.  In searching around, I found this 800 review from b_F, including his specific comments regarding the denim.

Do you or others know if there are other Warehouse jeans in their current lineup that offer this same 14 oz, Memphis denim?  I see various models with similar (1000XX) nomenclature that have different denim (e.g., 13.5 oz. banner or lighter weight DSB).

https://indigoshrimp.wordpress.com/2016/08/27/warehouse-800-review-by-beautiful_freak/

"The 800 model uses Warehouse’s 1000XX denim , which is a 14oz 6×6 denim made of 100% Memphis cotton, warp dyed with pure indigo. This denim was also used in the Warehouse 660 Contest that was held by Blue in Green many years ago. It isn’t overly engineered like Oni, Samurai or PBJ denim but has a decent amount of hairiness, neps, slubs and irregularities without losing the vintage-vibe of the denim."

Self Edge and Bears both list the 800XX at 14.5oz, I’m not sure if the XX signifies any difference in weight or is just a nomenclature thing. I think this debate occurred on here a few years back!

Yeah the 800xx denim is 14.5 oz Memphis. It's a great fabric - nice texture and character, but not over-engineered like a lot of enthusiast fabrics are these days. Just a great, all-round classic denim.

As others said, the xx doesn't really seem to signify anything other than a nomenclature change.

@JohnM Standard and Strange carries the Warehouse Lot 1001xx jeans in 14.5oz Memphis denim (https://standardandstrange.com/collections/warehouse/products/lot-1001xx-14-5-oz-memphis-denim). I did not pull the trigger. I think that 34" raw inseam would shrink too much to work for my frame.

39 minutes ago, Josh'N'Roll said:

@JohnM Standard and Strange carries the Warehouse Lot 1001xx jeans in 14.5oz Memphis denim (https://standardandstrange.com/collections/warehouse/products/lot-1001xx-14-5-oz-memphis-denim). I did not pull the trigger. I think that 34" raw inseam would shrink too much to work for my frame.

You're better off just getting the 800xx from Self Edge, which has a 34" inseam post-soak, is made from the 14.5 oz denim, and fits pretty much the same as the 1001xx if you size up one from your 1001xx size.

Got my triple stitch cowboy pants. First warehouse item and the details are amazing. 
Tried to leave the suspender buttons but I always wear a belt. After 30 minutes the suspender buttons were irritating my skin. So I removed em. :)