Warehouse

Medine

On 11/10/2021 at 2:52 AM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Warehouse Lee 1002 WW2 just up on the BEARS site and already sold out in some sizes.

Hmm...  Missed it. It's also not showing up on Hinoya. Maybe they didn't order it.

9 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

That placement of the buttons looks kinda strange (on the second pic)

The space between the top button and 2nd from top does seem pretty large.
At first I thought it was just the angle of the picture in the Junky Style post, but you can see it here as well.
Is this a trait common of war era Lee jeans? (Looking at you @Dr_Heech)
7_4adb3f39-7e94-4928-b6a7-405e9fe6442e_1

Also I finally managed to get the cinch pulled through the back of my 1004XX's, thanks Dr and Maynard!

Hi Broark,

It seems your cinch buckle issue isn’t unique to your jeans and was a feature found in vintage Levi’s. The following photos are taken from p72 of the Levi’s Vintage Denim Jackets book and relate to a jacket made in 1946:

42093D40-372E-451D-98F2-B385BBA186DA.jpeg

4542E514-AAF1-4ECC-ACC8-0781B3FF9C93.jpeg

Edited by Maynard Friedman

6 minutes ago, Broark said:

At first I thought it was just the angle of the picture in the Junky Style post, but you can see it here as well.

Also I finally managed to get the cinch pulled through the back of my 1004XX's, thanks Dr and Maynard!

I'm not the doc but I've never seen that spacing before and from the pairs I've seen ( what I can remember anyway ) the donut buttons on the fly are wrong .

Screenshot_20211112-151303_Instagram

The pair warehouse modeled these on also didn't have the donut buttons but that's not saying that they weren't used on other pairs 

35 minutes ago, Broark said:

I'm not familiar with wartime era Lee jeans (jackets a bit more so) but as Flash has pointed out, that space between the waistband button and the top fly button does not look true vintage, and instead looks typical of early japanese repro jeans (Lee and Levis) imho. Also as another example, my 1936 Edwin Lee bucklebacks had this exaggerated spacing. 

Glad the perseverance paid off with the cinch strap :)

On 11/12/2021 at 3:20 PM, Flash said:

I'm not the doc but I've never seen that spacing before and from the pairs I've seen ( what I can remember anyway ) the donut buttons on the fly are wrong .

Screenshot_20211112-151303_Instagram

The pair warehouse modeled these on also didn't have the donut buttons but that's not saying that they weren't used on other pairs 

http://vintage-mushroom.net/?pid=82367179

I’m even less of an experts than the real experts that aren’t sure, but the buttons don’t seem right and the back pockets leave me unconvinced 

014198D8-EA84-488B-A1BE-47A3202BA28F.jpeg

D6F0F7DA-89F0-44DE-A3BF-D8820A251311.jpeg

8A8E55EA-D7E3-4B34-98AF-91D545097090.jpeg

43627366-3361-4EAE-AFDC-E10187588F7F.jpeg

8AA1512D-A366-4FB3-AA8A-43321D678E44.jpeg

C3F78FDA-3F36-4D72-88EA-F791480F58B1.jpeg

57F137E2-97A8-4A3A-A96C-31DDCA115687.jpeg

and there’s this too, which might be worth the reference/discussion https://lee-japan.jp/shop/pages/special_lee-archives-WW2101-COWBOYPANTS-1943model.aspx

Edited by Duke Mantee

8 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

How are the pocket bags? Tempted to get a pair of they’re on the more standard (less Warehouse-y) end of the size spectrum

They seem pretty small (read: standard for WH), especially since they are curved.
I'll report back tomorrow once my pair is dry.

Wearing my pair now. It shrank materially in the dryer, which is good for me. They're now pretty much a perfect fit and I might not need any hemming.

I find the pocket bags to be big enough to carry my iPhone 11, or to put my hands in them. Not super deep, but deep enough. They are somewhat tight, but not unbearably so.

Has anyone machine washed a pair of the rinsed Warehouse jeans from Self Edge yet?

I was looking at the 1001, and I normally take a 34 in just about every jean. I was curious if the waist in particular would have additional shrink with a machine wash. 

4 hours ago, Broark said:

Lot 1002 arrived today, here are some pre-wash measurements and photos. Photos came out a bit washed out, I'll try and take some one a more overcast day soon.
The denim has a nice grey hue to it, I'm curious if these are actually sanforized or not.
The measurements kind of make me believe that they are as the waist seems pretty small for them to shrink further on a size 36.
The labor label stitching detail on the inside of the back right pocket is pretty cool.

I'm pretty sure these aren't sanforized. At least the denim doesn't look like it to me anyway. (Hinoya ships fast; ordered and on my doorstep in three days, and that's including their day off on Sunday.)

For what it's worth, I have their earlier Leepro WWII cowboy jacket from five or six years ago. It also has the same "Sanforized" label, but still used their standard unsanforized 13.5oz denim. I'm pretty sure they include it for historical accuracy, but the label doesn't actually describe the denim accurately. (Funnily enough, Samurai uses labels that say "Un-Sanforized" on their Leepros.)

Picked up a pair from Bears, put them in for a 40 minute wash and lined dry so pretty crispy. No need for a belt right now :blush:

D52EBB90-726E-4B6D-B1D6-109905D9CDBC.thumb.jpeg.3e92a9309b64665229fbe5e78cfa878c.jpeg

quite a spread on those back pockets!

7BE41C10-11CA-4988-BD9D-0DE17B43E6DC.thumb.jpeg.adc3f524d949869ace96e638aeb74e6e.jpeg

won’t need to cuff these 

5988274C-51A1-4EE8-B93F-C02B98070BBE.thumb.jpeg.e032da7c608d30a88513c860cbb1ca93.jpeg

Edited by Toegun

20 hours ago, SmokeStackLightning said:

Has anyone machine washed a pair of the rinsed Warehouse jeans from Self Edge yet?

I was looking at the 1001, and I normally take a 34 in just about every jean. I was curious if the waist in particular would have additional shrink with a machine wash. 

yeah i've machine washed mine 4-5 times already on cold and air dry. the waist shrinks back to where it was new...maybe a tiny bit smaller but stretches out quickly. i just washed mine yesterday and put them on this morning and they've stretched back out to comfortable. 

Those are looking nice Young, I've worn mine for about 70 days and haven't washed them yet. I'm aiming for a fade similar to this one so I'll probably wait a few more months before the first wash. They're not dirty and don't smell at all, though they're definitely showing some nice signs of fading.

I'm not sure why WH has a reputation for slow fading, as these seem on pair with most unsanforized jeans I've worn. They're just not super fast faders like Samurai's 19 oz denim or other heavy/extreme textured fabrics. The 800xx denim is, however, and should some some dramatic results with a few more months of wear.

Those 1002s look amazing @Broark & @Toegun definitely want to try and pick up a pair if anyone stateside winds up stocking them

Looks like the updated "loose" fit (lot 3035) model of their standard work shirt in white & blue chambray is starting to hit retailers in JP. I had the 3076 in denim but the fit was just a bit slim for my liking, so planning on grabbing the denim version once it hits

Seems like WH is running a bit behind schedule with some styles, I think that one was from the spring catalog previewed back in January. Totally understand the delay with covid/related supply chain issues, just glad it wasn't canceled/scrapped. Have had my eye out for it all year and was afraid I missed it lol