Warehouse

Medine

22 minutes ago, Broark said:

Not putting me on the spot at all! I'm definitely a fan of the 1001 cut. 
I think all the pairs I have from WH are 1001's except the 1000XX Deadstock Blues and the USN pants I picked up earlier this year.
Favorite denim is probably just the standard Banner denim, I have a Hinoya collaboration pair from a few years back with the shorthorn patch and that's probably my favorite pair overall.
I find the 1000xx DSB pair to be a little saggy in the seat which is why I haven't worn them much yet. The denim is very nice based on the faded examples I've seen.
I have the new WWII era Leepros and 1004XX(1000XX) 1936 cinch back models preordered, that'll give me a little more variety. Will post comparison pictures once I get them in.

Cheers - yeah that cut is really good. I love  getting you all's comparisons of jeans you all have some experience with....I've wondered how much it is a 47 cut, that many Warehouse shapes are both around now and in recent years. Some of the Japanese sites suggest most of their new cuts are v like their DD 47 (the 1001's and 1000xDSB are described like that and even the 1946 has v similar measurements). Its like Warehouse feel like they've created and refined their ideal shape...(just a view tho....). Only just started to wear my 1000xDSB  so too early to say - but the feel and colour after a soak I really like - they hang softer earlier on then most of my other jeans... Banner denim looks amazing - can't get that as well now tho :rolleyes:

@Chris T I find the only pair that I own that fits quite differently from the rest are the S1001XX 1946 25th anniversary jeans.
Not sure what is is about them, but the hips/thighs are just a bit trim. The denim feels a bit more tightly woven too by comparison.
Once I wear them for a few days they feel fine, but I feel like I almost could've sized up on those in hindsight.
I have one of the type I's with the duck digger denim and it's really nice, almost feels a bit lighter than the standard Banner denim. Faded examples look great too.

^ that’s interesting on the 46’s @Broark. I couldn’t resist the siren call of all those appealing Warehouse anniversary year jeans and as well as the 100xDSB’s I did also get the 46’s. They’re Darker and much stiffer than the others - and so I could do this after their soak - which I’d never managed to do before..:smile:

(Beautiful freak - think I’d somehow filtered out that the 14.5 oz was still on the 800:rolleyes:

8EDC4397-C804-4D49-BC5D-42B624CE0937.jpeg

Heard from one of the Japanese denim youtube's that the heavy ounce denim was used a few years back so it's not new btw, just thought the verbiage was funny given we'd typically think of anything over 15oz. as heavy :biggrin:

Really tempted on a pair of 1000XX DSB's as I'm in need of a denim fix while USPS has lost my WWII Ooe's...

Has anyone here ever tried to take the hidden rivets out a pair of their jeans. I have a pair of 900s and love them, but the rivets on the back pockets serve zero function whatsoever and I'd like to get rid of them if possible. Feeling around a little it seems like there is only one side to the rivet, so it might just be a matter of taking some pliers to the inside of the rivet and pulling them out. 

1 hour ago, dotcomzzz said:

Has anyone here ever tried to take the hidden rivets out a pair of their jeans. I have a pair of 900s and love them, but the rivets on the back pockets serve zero function whatsoever and I'd like to get rid of them if possible. Feeling around a little it seems like there is only one side to the rivet, so it might just be a matter of taking some pliers to the inside of the rivet and pulling them out. 

You’re right … a rivet that only has one side is more or less useless 

Not sure what you mean by them only having one side—there's a standard rivet head behind the fold of the pocket…

Removing them would mean taking the pocket off and putting it back on, but that's plenty doable; not sure what you'd gain from it, though

If it helps you feel any better about it, they do very much serve a function…sure, they’re probably not nearly as sturdy, long-term, as modern tacks, but without them it wouldn’t take much for your pockets to start falling off

Hi everyone, I'm planning my next pair and I am leaning towards Warehouse, I just have a few things to clear as they have plenty of models and confusing model codes.

1. I have an old lot 800 with the 14.5 oz denim in size 33 which is a bit snug on me now. The thighs are the main problem so I am planning on going with the 1000 or 1001 in 34. The lot 1000 is a 40s cut (more straight, loose) while the 1001 is a 50s cut (a little tapered). Is this correct?

2. On the fabric, I know there is a 14.5 oz stock denim, cotton linen,13.5 oz banner denim, then the dead stock blues (lighter blue, seems to fade faster), and DD fabric. I am more interested in the DSB and DD fabric, can you guys please share which do you prefer between the 2? Or is any of my info wrong?

3. What's the difference between the stock 1000 or 1001 models vs. 25th anniversary pairs released last year?

thanks guys! 

Edited by mousemouse

9 hours ago, MJF9 said:

@rAERRKLR that’s some dedication… what’s been your jeans for the past two years? I’m expecting halfway to the Warehouse would look pretty good

I have the same 800 fit in ecru and for the last year been wearing some Iron Heart 555. Took me a while to get used to the slimmer fit! I definitely prefer to just have one pair at a time but I'm tempted to re-up on the Warehouse.

Edited by rAERRKLR

On 9/9/2021 at 8:04 PM, aho said:

I'm down the rabbit hole of Japanese denim YouTube and found this was a fun flashback through a few WH pairs I owned or lusted after over the past 15 years:

He basically doesn't remember when he bought most of them, but he did get a few from the New Year's Lucky Bag's over time. Those Copper King's bring back memories! Some non-WH pairs as well towards the end (SDA, Denime, Kojima Jeans)

Great video, what's really wild about this is just how many heavily-faded pairs this guy has. He looks pretty young, but has this huge pile of jeans that appear to have an average of about a year and a half of wear time per pair. Did he start fading jeans at age 15?! Impressive stuff.